HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Samuel Gawith Grousemoor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roqsan

Registration date : 2010-11-02

PostSubject: Samuel Gawith Grousemoor   Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:39 pm

I'm a great fan of SG's blends, Squadron Leader, FVF, Choc, etc, etc, so recently I thought I'd give Grousemoor a try: But after two puffs of this appalling weed my senses were swamped by one of the most revolting tastes I've ever experienced or could ever imagine experiencing. So horrible in fact, that for a moment I wondered if I could even live on a planet where this kind of blend was possible.

Anyway the upshot is that if anyone over this side of the pond (not sure about the legality of posting tobacco internationally) wants to try this stuff (although I would strongly urge you to have second thoughts) they could drop me a line and I'll send the tin.

BTW will anyone own up to liking this stuff?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sasquatch

Registration date : 2008-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith Grousemoor   Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:06 pm

I don't mind it a bit. Medium virginia with a light floral sort of topping.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roqsan

Registration date : 2010-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith Grousemoor   Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Stands to reason that if they've been making it for some 200 years a number of people must like to smoke it. To me though it tastes like a mixture of butterscotch, burnt tire rubber and something that's been dead for a very long time. Possibly the only tobacco I've smoked where I couldn't physically finish the bowl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babysinister

Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith Grousemoor   Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:30 pm

Roqsan wrote:
I'm a great fan of SG's blends, Squadron Leader, FVF, Choc, etc, etc, so recently I thought I'd give Grousemoor a try: But after two puffs of this appalling weed my senses were swamped by one of the most revolting tastes I've ever experienced or could ever imagine experiencing. So horrible in fact, that for a moment I wondered if I could even live on a planet where this kind of blend was possible.

Anyway the upshot is that if anyone over this side of the pond (not sure about the legality of posting tobacco internationally) wants to try this stuff (although I would strongly urge you to have second thoughts) they could drop me a line and I'll send the tin.

BTW will anyone own up to liking this stuff?

Oh, come on Roqsan, quit the damn circumspect language and tell us how you really feel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
babysinister

Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith Grousemoor   Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:36 pm

Seriously though, I feel the same way about Condor. I think in my case it was mostly due to actual physical allergy to whatever is in it. I like St. Bruno though. Go figure. No accounting for taste or body chemistry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith Grousemoor   Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:50 pm

Roqsan wrote:
Stands to reason that if they've been making it for some 200 years a number of people must like to smoke it. To me though it tastes like a mixture of butterscotch, burnt tire rubber and something that's been dead for a very long time. Possibly the only tobacco I've smoked where I couldn't physically finish the bowl.

WOW!!! That sounds like something Rugbysh9 would LOVE to try!!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith Grousemoor   Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:04 am

Several years back it was one of my "rotation" blends and I had a bowl every week or so. Then about five years ago my tastes changed and I still enjoy an occasional bowl, but perhaps only once or twice a year. Very pungent indeed, but I don't mind it occasionally.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruins

Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith Grousemoor   Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:38 am

Roqsan wrote:
To me though it tastes like a mixture of butterscotch, burnt tire rubber and something that's been dead for a very long time.

one of the best, most specific tobacco reviews i've read in a long time. only to be rivaled by this review from beaupipe: C&D Star of the East Flake--because it tastes a bit like sweaty girlbum.

(oddly, makes me want to try both.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bugsahearn

Registration date : 2015-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith Grousemoor   Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:45 pm

Holy Shit!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith Grousemoor   Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:14 pm

Cool. That's a really nice box considering its age. According to a book I have been reading, Sam Gawith got out of the cigarette business entirely by 1936. So that's a nicely preserved item.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ozark Wizard

Registration date : 2014-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Samuel Gawith Grousemoor   Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:06 am

Wow! Nice reserrection!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Samuel Gawith Grousemoor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1