HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:09 pm

It's about that time of year. We have a couple members off, vacationing, etc. We have 7 weeks to get it done. Plenty of time. Check the board often (meaning at least daily) for more info to follow. A list will be taken later, keeping watching.

For now, anyone not familiar, might check out the Secret Santa threads. Fine reading. Very Happy This is a long tradition. This will be my 8th year counting those on the old Knox board.

Here:

http://www.brothersofbriar.com/community-in-action-f19/secret-santa-2009-ii-t6653.htm

http://www.brothersofbriar.com/community-in-action-f19/bob-secret-santa-09-t2817.htm (Actually Christmas 2008)

"Never turn your back on a Breen".

Last edited by Carlos on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:56 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:47 pm

Oh yes. Something else to keep in mind this year when you are mailing your packages. Just to keep from being surprised, when asked. You might wish to answer "Hobby Supplies" or Collectible Tins". Or something reasonably obscure.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cody V

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:14 pm

YES!! I was wondering when this would get started
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:20 pm

It's my favorite thing about the board!

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:33 am

I'm in, Maybe a RSA secret santa will be easier for us here, else any other suggestions!
Thanks Carlos!
Back to top Go down
J_Rock

Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:10 pm

I have been on the boards for a while and always seemed to miss it. I can't wait for this year's!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trout Bum

Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:25 pm

Count me in! Secret Santa with the Brothers is not only a blast, but is pretty entertaining to boot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:23 pm

I'm tuning up my reindeer for that special delivery.

Natch-a-Clause
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cody V

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Natch wrote:
I'm tuning up my reindeer for that special delivery.

Natch-a-Clause

1000 posts! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pipetongue1
Tobacco Hoarder At Large

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:53 pm

I'm in, Ken tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chevy5759

Registration date : 2010-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:05 pm

Sounds great, count me in
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bluedigital

Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:44 am

Yep, I'm in too santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.deanswanepoel.com
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:50 pm

Laughing You guys! I will post a thread this evening with the usual rules. That will ask for those wishing to signup. But I will add those I have gotten so far.

santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cody V

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:16 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:32 pm

Rules, and a list, are available for viewing in the "Community in Action" forum. Someone please point out any errors I may have made so I can fix them ASAP.

Community in Action Forum

santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:50 pm

I know several of you have posted to count you in. Please check the rules and send me the necessary info. Be sure to include a what you smoke, preferences list etc. If I do not get a PM or email from you and you wanted in I will try to contact you later in the week to get it.

I know the signup time is a little short. But we do have time as long as no one drags their feet. Let's keep the tradition alive. Remember it's the giving and reading about the opening later that makes this so much fun. santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:57 am

So far 9 have signed up Stateside. 2 in South Africa. More than two makes it interesting. So the more the merrier. I think someone in South Africa was trying to arrange a get-together. Maybe a holiday bash? santa

Just to be clear. We used to include those outside the USA in the Secret Santa. But it has just gotten too difficult. Not to mention how much time it can take and the expense. I know some of you Brothers do manage to ship "Hobby Supplies" to Brothers in other countries. That's a great thing. But for the foreseeable future, Secret Santa will be limited to your country, or to those group of countries where shipping is not so difficult. I am not sure if Brothers in Canada are able to ship to each other. I think I recall hearing of some difficulties doing so.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gandalfpc

Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:48 pm

I'm in Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:01 pm

I saw that these Brothers wanted in, but have not received a PM yet with your information. For some reason I thought I had your info Natch. If you sent it, it disappeared. Or I am thinking of a past PM. I did clean out most of my PM boxes to make plenty of room. So if I lost it I apologize. santa

J_Rock (gotcha)
Trout Bum (gotcha)
Natch (gotcha)
gandalfpc (gotcha)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:44 pm

We are up to 14 stateside and 2 in South Africa signed up. Just a few more days. Tell your brothers! santa

Now 17 stateside. santa

I see some names missing from the list that were common in years past. Some of you I know are busy. Times are not the best for all. We need some more from South Africa also. Kind of hard to be Secret if there is only two signed up. Truth be told, even in America nowdays it's hard to be secret. They want real addresses on packages or they might get sent to the place where they examine them in detail.

So, 3 more days. For those of you on the fence.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:39 am

Only a couple more days left! santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:32 pm

Up to 20 stateside.

I was kind of wondering if some of us might chance getting in with the Brothers in South Africa. Not so secret when there is only two signed up so far. I don't mind the expense. But would have to ship pretty quick I think. Some of you guys that have sent packages recently might offer up some insights as to any troubles doing so. I just wonder about the risk of loss. Don't want this to be a burden on anyone. But if some of you are willing to be included in the chance of an overseas Santa, send me a PM. We will think about it. santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:11 pm

Carlos, I use to send packages to Johan Slabert (spelling) in South Africa from Arizona. Out of four I sent only two made it. We kept thinking that the local postal authories (post office) was taken it for their own use. If memory serves me correctly I sent the stuff first class registered with a tracking number which he showed them and they coughed up the last two packages. That was many moons ago. I never had any problems when he would send me pipes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:54 pm

I wouldn't mind sending to SA. Seems like they have been doing pretty well receive packages that were sent already.

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.    Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:21 pm

I was thinking that a few of us over here on this side of the pond that didn't mind the risk could be mixed with those fellows. Draw them until I have the necessary matches, and then draw the rest. If anyone wants in, let me know ASAP. You guys in South Africa, let me know what type of mailing is best for you guys. Limits on size if you are aware. Don't want anything to stick out like a sore thumb.

I have had some of that local pipe tobacco Johan would bring to Chicago. He called it "Donkey Shit". Wasn't bad at all. santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next