HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Secret Santa 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:50 pm

I prefer a bent pipe. Nice grain on that one. You will find that desk top humidor handy. Plenty of goodies. Good job Santa! santa

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:11 am

Hey Carlos I'm back and Here is an update for all of you!!

SECRET SANTA RSA!!!!!

It was fantastic and I thank Carlos for getting us involved in the deal!
The boys here went big.

Firstly, do not get mad bro's, with only 3 of us here it was not hard to figure out who was who!!!! Laughing

BE proud, here is an example of BOB at work on a different continent. Check it out!!!!
I was Blue Digital's SS. My wife flew into Cape Town on a field trip with her School kids. BD arranged for his wife to meet my wife at the airport upon their arrival.
This they did and exchanged packages as BD was Mudd's SS. Funny how the wives have met each other but BD and I have not yet had the opportunity to do so.
The Girls got on like a house on fire I am told!

BD got:
2 pipes one a freehand he really wanted, varoius Baccy samples, 4 tins of baccy to start his cellar: PA, Pete Sherlock Holmes, Uni flake, Chelsea Morn.
Mudd got:
a Pietenpauw pipe out the box, and a sweet looking pipe at that.
I got:
A hand made pen only to be opened at XMAS!
A fat stogie,
1 pound McClelland 2035
1 tin C&D Sunday Picnic
1 tin C&D red carpet
1 tin GLP Fillmore
1 tin GLP Embarcadero
1 tin FVF

A brilliant haul from all of us to all of us!!

Thank you BOB and a Special thanks to Carlos for making it happen for us. It has made us fell home a part of the brotherhood!!!

BOB< CARLOS AND SS are Saluted for 2010!!!!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers santa santa santa santa santa
Back to top Go down
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:34 pm

Thanks for the update Piet! Sounds like you guys did it right.

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
Hunter5117

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:48 pm

The elves finally finished their work, so the second and final strafing run has been launched on my SS recipient.

Whew, looking forward to sitting down on Christmas morning and opening my box that Mrs Hunter has been so closely guarding under our tree.

MANY THANKS to Carlos for riding herd on this madness!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:32 am

Well I am sorry I didn't post this sooner (try moving your entire household Christmas week) but my Secret Santa arrived Wednesday. I am always amazed of the generosity of everyone here and especially to this Secret Santa. I have known my Santa for many years now (yes I know who you are Santa) and the generosity of this man knows no bounds. Not to mention the fact that his cellar is probably one of the best on this board. He also knows exactly what type of blends I enjoy. He took the time to pick out some great blends from his cellar while recovering from health issues. Without further ado.

2007 tin of Tudor Castle (Pipe Collectors Club of America)
2007 tin of Orient 996 (Pipe Collectors Club of America)
2005 tin of Hermit Tobacco Vintage Syrian Blend (this is one great blend)
A mystery tin that is only label S.S. "96 with a tin date of 2007. (this one really intrigues me)

And last but not least; a 8 ounce tin of Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club of Boston "Great Hiatus"

Thank you Carlos for putting this together, thank you Secret Santa, and thanks to all of you who make this such a great place to set back, relax and share a bowl with friends.

Merry Christmas to you all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:53 am

Great job by all the Secret Santas! By my poor method of tracking, all the main packages have been delivered. 2nd Bombing runs, strafing etc, I would not normally know about. If I am wrong on my count, please let me know asap.

You guys make this fun! Merry Christmas to All! santa

Let us not forget in our thoughts, all those BoB's who have been under the weather, our men and women in the services. May they all have some joy at least this season of the year. santa

Also, I should thank PB for bringing this tradition with us when the Knoxville Cigar board was for certain going to close. Pb has been been the keeper of the rules and being busy this year kept him from taking the active role. For those of us that some traditions are important, I am really glad he kept it alive. santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gandalfpc

Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:07 pm

Merry Christmas santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:35 pm

HO HO ho!!! santa
Back to top Go down
Trout Bum

Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:27 pm

Schwing!

Yesterday, a small parcel arrived. Inside: chrome Zippo, with the pipe lighter thang, engraved with this:

Brothers
of
Briar

This lighter even works better than I expected. More or less wind proof, and it lights a pipe WAY better than a regular Zippo!
Also, the custom engraving is first rate, it looks REALLY sharp.

Thank you, Secret Santa!

Schwing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:50 am

Way to go Santa! santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cody V

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:55 am

Well my Brothers, SWMBO finally let me open my Secret Santa gift last night. Inside was a new Zippo set, with flint and fluid. A tin of SG Best Brown Flake from '08, 2 tins of year old Peterson's Irish Flake, and a tin of Squadron Leader! Squadron Leader was my Grandfather's favorite tobacco, and I have been trying so hard to find a tin of the stuff. I also received a sitter lovat, with what looks like a "V" carved on the front. That may not be the case, but since my last name starts with a "V" that's what I see. Very Happy And last but not least I received a copy of Alfred Dunhill's "The Pipe Book". It would seem I have now been inducted into a long-standing BoB tradition. It has been passed through the hands of 4 other BoBer's. I shall carry on the tradition, and pass it onto another Secret Santa participant next year! Thank you so much, Secret Santa. And thanks to Carlos for organizing it this year. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:30 am

Amazing the number of Zippo's being given this year. I don't ever recall so many. Good job Santa! santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:15 pm

Merry Christmas to all of the Brothers! santa rendeer santa rendeer
Three cheers for Carlos for undertaking BOB's SS 2010!cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gandalfpc

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:24 pm

A Christmas Miracle - the Baki meer is already starting to color - a bit subtle for pics yet but I think it will be showing nicely in about a week - looks like it will be showing the natural grain of the meer in a way I have only seen Baki's color - really outstanding Smile

Thanks again Santa (I know that's 3 times or so now, but hey, it is a really nice pipe...

santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunter5117

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:01 pm

Finally got to open my Secret Santa package on Christmas morning. What a haul of top grade tobaccos my SS sent me!

I got seven, COUNT 'EM, seven, tins of top quality virginia (Santa must have read my letter where I explained my fondness for this type of weed). All but one are brand new to me, so I have some great discoveries ahead of me. Plus, dates on the tins range from 2005 to 2009, not a tin with less than a year's aging on it. What a generous gift!

A very nice Christmas Card from SS.
2 oz each of GLP Laurel Heights and Union Square.
2 oz each of C&D Manhattan Afternoon and Opening Night
50gm of McClelland Dark Star
2 oz of Esoterica Tilbury
50 gm of Charles Fairmorn Dark Fired Shag (this one is new to me, can't wait to give it a try).

Plus 3 packs of fluffy tail cleaners.

Boy oh boy, I am set for the next while enjoying all these great virginia tobaccos.

Thank you Santa! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gandalfpc

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:14 pm

Never seen the dark fired shag before - I'll bet it's the bees knees Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:53 pm

Make sure you have eaten before smoking that dark shag. Packed right, it is a good smoke. If by chance you haven't eaten, rest assured that the hallucinations will pass given time. santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunter5117

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:34 pm

Carlos wrote:
Make sure you have eaten before smoking that dark shag. Packed right, it is a good smoke. If by chance you haven't eaten, rest assured that the hallucinations will pass given time. santa

Oh boy, now I really can't wait! Love strong tobacco, especially with hallucinations thrown in!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:13 am

My apologies for the tardiness of my response, but my SS got a box to me weeks ago. However, being a rather lean year in our house (and we decided to help others that need it a lot more than we do, so forwent gifts) my daughter opened the box and wrapped each of the contents individually so I'd have something to open on Christmas morn.

Three tins of fine tobacco including Savanelli Aroma, Esoterica Penzance, and SG Full Virginia Flake, the last two being favorites of mind and (recently) sometimes hard to find. The best gift, however, was a beautiful Xikar Scribe lighter. It looks like a short, slightly fat pen (with pocket clip) covered in beautiful burl, but it's actually a smartly designed angle flame pipe lighter. This is the first "real" pipe lighter I've ever owned, as I've used Bics, matches, or wood slivers from the fire all my life. It's beautiful, works like a charm, and I really like it riding in my shirt pocket like a pen rather than sitting like a lump at the bottom of my pocket.

Thanks SS, whoever you are (and by the general address of the sender I have a good idea, but am not completely positive). Great gifts, all will be used, and your generosity will not be forgotten.

Natch

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:45 am

Wow, another great Santa! Amazing how many lighters were in Secret Santa packages this year. You guys are just outstanding. santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jeremyt

Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:17 pm

Well folks it sounds like you all had a great SS this year. I hate that I had to miss out on all the fun, but unfortunately I'm one of the many that's presently unemployed. I haven't been posting cause I had to get our Internet service cut off to save money (I'm at my G-moms house on her PC). Things are looking up though, I go to work at a new body shop that's just been built close to my house in a few months. I hope to be back online and back with my "brothers" soon. I hope and pray that everyone else is doing well. I ask that you all keep me and my family in your prayers. Thanks and talk to soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Secret Santa 2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7