HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Secret Santa 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Cody V

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:00 pm

Well, unfortunately, the rest of the stuff won't arrive until Monday. So it won't be sent out 'til either black Friday, or the following Monday. I'd rather it sit here on my table, than under a 4"x6" box that weighs 80lbs at the post office. Anyone know if the post office is open black Friday?

santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:50 pm

We have plenty of time.

If Santa does make a pickup, don't forget to let us know. Not to whom, just that Santa has a package. Can you imagine everyone checking the bushes around the mailbox every night for the next few weeks? Laughing I suspect that it may be next weekend before Santa swings by my place to make a pickup. Or the week after. santa

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cody V

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:25 pm

I have so much being delivered for various people's Christmas presents, I'm already checking the mail-box and stoop a few times a day! Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maiser

Registration date : 2009-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:37 pm

It seems as though santa has taken a present from me and his heading towards a fellow BoB... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J_Rock

Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:22 pm

Maiser wrote:
It seems as though santa has taken a present from me and his heading towards a fellow BoB... Very Happy

Santa was in my neck of the woods today too. He said something about taking a package to some guy named "BoB" or something like that. Hmmmmm........sounds fishy to me. Question santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gandalfpc

Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:11 pm

The elves are still gathering baccy over here - expect to have the sleigh in gear in another day or two Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:50 pm

Carlos... You did remember to give everyone your address didn't you... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Carlos is gonna skip town on all yall fellers with your goodies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:52 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Carlos... You did remember to give everyone your address didn't you... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Carlos is gonna skip town on all yall fellers with your goodies.

Laughing Laughing Laughing I never would have thought of that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:12 pm

I am told that Santa has started making pick ups! That means everyone needs to start watching their bushes next to the mailbox. Soon Santa will be making deliveries.

santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile
happypipester

Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:23 pm

I should be making an order this weekend, and then once it arrives, I'll be throwing in several extra goodies with it and sending it with one of Santa's elves Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:58 am

santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa

Yes, indeed! This is going to be fun! My "Sneaky Santa's Savory Samplings" are still being assembled. I'm one of those squirrely type characters that took out a bank loan and LOADED up on tubs of Edgeworth from JR's just before they went OOS for good. I've got quite a stash of those big 14 oz. tubs lined against the back wall of my "Cave of Wonders" walk-in cellar. So I'll be baging up some of that for my little buddy. Also waiting for my small allottment of a group buy of Tambolaka to arrive...should be here in another day or so. Then a sampling of THAT will go on the pile. And, luckily for my little buddy, I've gone through his past posts and discovered that our tastes in blends are very similar. So it will be easy to round out the booty with sampler type items. Then, maybe I'll add one of my shop crafted artisan pipe tampers (lol) for his amusement. So I'm pretty much set over on this end.

PS: Since I live at the North Pole (ahem) I always seem to be hooked up with guys from Antarctica for deals like this...and this year's festivites are no exception...so I'll be using a flat rate box from the USPS this year instead of firing up the sleigh for an early run...way cheaper than bribing the Reindeer with extra oats and eggnog!

Ho, Ho, Hooooooooooooo!

First BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maiser

Registration date : 2009-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:33 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
I've gone through his past posts and discovered that our tastes in blends are very similar.

What dedication! What appreciation! I applaud you, Blackhorse, for your excellence and generosity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:32 pm

I have heard, that even though it's just a bit early, Santa has been delivering. Must be going to be a really busy package shipping season. santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile
chevy5759

Registration date : 2010-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Hey Fellas,

As I was rounding the corner to our front gate I saw a box sticking out of the Mailbox. The signifigant other is always getting horsey packages. Horse this, horse that and I never get anything. But wait a minute, this ones got my name on it. It's from Santa. I know right away this isn't horse related. I drove to the house and self control didn't get the better of me and I opened right away. Santa brought me all kinds of goodies:

A tin of the Darklords Haddo's Delight
A tin of his Fillmore
A tin of McClelland's Beacon
A tin of McClellands St. James Woods
And A tin of Escudo
The only one of these I have smoked is Escudo.

But wait...Theres More:

Wrapped up inside is a Cape Lark Bulldog by Jan Zeman. Now this is my kind of pipe. This pipe is totally industructable and will be great for working in the shop. First Bulldog I have ever owned.
All I can say Santa is I'm overwhelmed and gratefull for all of the goodies and will certainly put all of them to good use.
You have outdone yourself. I'm gonna have a bowlfull in the Zeman after dinner. Thank you again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:04 pm

Wow! You guys are starting fast this year. Good job Santa. santa

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:36 pm

Cool Santa! Never know when he's going to sneak by. The way the wind has been blowing, be sure to check those bushes around the mailboxes.

santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nitschke066

Registration date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:10 pm

When I arrived home from work last night, I found a package lying on the kitchen table from SC. I just got my order from Smokingpipes so I knew it wasn't that. I opened the package and what did I find? I bag of goodies from good 'ol St. Nick!!!

100g of OGS
50g of Dunbar
50g of Arcade
and 1 box of sulphur free matches

I want to thank the sender for a GREAT gift! I've been wanting to try the OGS for a very long time!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gandalfpc

Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:37 pm

Sleigh is all packed - will be on it's way in a few hours...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:42 pm

Dang you guys are really rolling them out already. I'm not even close to sending my box out. I think every year I barely make the deadline. Laughing

Have to let me know what you think of Dunbar, one I've often thought about buying but never did.

"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
Trout Bum

Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:33 pm

Great job, Santas! this particular Santa is cobbling together an extra special package... lots of late nights in the workshop. Those dang elves sure can be persnickety; they're threatening to unionize!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:36 pm

Just made my final purchase. I was getting frustrated because I knew what I wanted and they kept getting bought out from under me so I had to change my plan. Glad I did because I'm much more excited about this. Should have it in my hands within the week then off it all will go.

Santa better check again to make sure you've been a good boy all year...

Back to top Go down
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:37 pm

Wow! More Santa action. Doing a great job. But I do have to wonder. Just what does a sulphur-free match smell like?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:30 pm

This Santa is ready and loaded,,,,have the target in my sights,,,safety off,,,,adjusting for windage,,,holding my breath,,,,squeezing the trigger,,,but no,,,too early to fill my tag,,, This Santa is going to wait a little longer to send out the bullet,,,,

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:22 pm

Well...I know what I'll be doing...got it all planned out. But I won't (repeat) WON'T do anything re: Christmas til December. Not being a grinch...just think that since it's more than a month away I've still got enough time to wrap and mail my 'trove of incalculable wonders' if I wait.

Besides, still in prep and planning mode for our 30th Wedding Anniversary here in the 'ol horse barn. That's on December 6th. And heck...my birthday's between now and then! So, being a happenin' kinda guy...I got places to go, things to do and people to see!

Unto every thing there is a time...yadda, yadda, yadda. Little Billy won't suffer. I gare-own-TEE that much, Cher!

First BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thecrowdog

Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2010   Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:30 am

My gift package arrived the other day, I tried to be patient but since I see others are opening theirs I figured why not..? After all, wouldn't my Santa want to know it all arrived ok (I rationalized)...

Thank you so much! There are 5 fantastic tobaccos:

Westminster
Chelsea Morning
Barbary Coast
Charing Cross
Dunhill 965

And there is a very nice Charatan's Special, and given my propensity for dropping pipes from the kayak there is a fantastic Missouri Meerschaum corn cob pipe for outdoorsy stuff (which would also be tragic to drop from the kayak).

Thank you again, that was a great pile of loot! I didn't have many pipes to begin with, so adding TWO is a large increase!

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Secret Santa 2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next