HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Pull that tooth!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
talrmn35

Registration date : 2010-12-09

PostSubject: Pull that tooth!   Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:24 am

Had to have a tooth pulled this week...which meant a lot of pain and NO PIPE SMOKING!! 'Shocked'

Torture for sure...can't wait to be all healed up and light up a big bowl. The worst part is I just received 7 tins of Pease and I haven't gotten to try a single one...grrrr.

Oh well, soon enough I suppose.

Hope you are all doing well so far this year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Pull that tooth!   Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:14 am

That sucks! I've been putting off that dreaded visit for awhile, which is not a good thing, especially since I have a dental plan through work. I'm sort of in a similar boat though, because I've had a cold that just won't go away, and have been avoiding smoking as well. 2011 has not started auspiciously on the pipe front for me. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Pull that tooth!   Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:43 am

I had a tooth extracted last summer, and I can sympathize. The upside is that you can smoke after you finish the antibiotics course post-surgery, and you'll have a hand new spot in your mouth to rest your pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Pull that tooth!   Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:54 pm

Ive been avoiding the dreaded visit as well. I KNOW there will be major work so Im just waffling out of fear, hahaha. No pain or anything, just a long time since the last cleaning- and they always find something thet requires thet damn drill.... No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Pull that tooth!   Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:57 pm

MisterE wrote:
Ive been avoiding the dreaded visit as well. I KNOW there will be major work so Im just waffling out of fear, hahaha. No pain or anything, just a long time since the last cleaning- and they always find something thet requires thet damn drill.... No

Yes!! That is so true, they ALWAYS find something...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartinH

Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Pull that tooth!   Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:15 pm

Ironic thread. I just saw the big D, yesterday. After my cleaning I was informed that I needed about $2300 off work immediately, and about the same amount again over the course of the rest of the year. Needless to say, I'm NOT thrilled.

Hang in there. I hope you can enjoy a pipe soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pipereviews.org
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Pull that tooth!   Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:14 am

MartinH wrote:
Ironic thread. I just saw the big D, yesterday. After my cleaning I was informed that I needed about $2300 off work immediately, and about the same amount again over the course of the rest of the year. Needless to say, I'm NOT thrilled.

Now THATS what Im talking about!! Been there, done that, and just know Im gonna be there doin that again. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
talrmn35

Registration date : 2010-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Pull that tooth!   Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:40 am

Yea thats rough...mine (thankfully) didn't cost quite that much...did cost me 2 days of work though and I think I have met my deductible for the year...In the mean time I have Penzance, Chelsea Morning, Caravan and some Dan Blue Note all waiting to be tried. It's all just sitting there calling to me.... Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greasemunki85

Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Pull that tooth!   Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:46 pm

man that sucks -
actually had 2 root canals done during the fall this past year.
I have been putting it off and putting it off for years - until my face decided to swell up over thanksgiving.
I went in after the swelling went down, and they did the 2 root canals and build ups.
They weren't too incredibly bad tho- not just great either. I was so gassed up I didn't feel a thing.
I told em point blank : "if you put that f**kin thing in my mouth, your gonna gas my m$&$F$#$ a$$ up" Smile
I left happy, high on good legal drugs, and they probably shook there heads and said to themselves "thank God" after I left Smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartinH

Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Pull that tooth!   Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:48 pm

greasemunki - that made me laugh!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pipereviews.org

Pull that tooth!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1