HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Vacation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Greenleaf

Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Vacation   Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:10 am

I've been on vacation since Saturday, much needed. I'm a total homebody, so no travelling or what you might call "excitement," but I'm loving it. I've been capitalizing on the opportunity to recuperate physically and on the twenty-four hours of free time. My apartment is immaculately well organized. I'm also doing plenty of reading, writing a couple of articles, and doing a lot of pratically nothing.

The best part is that now that I've been with the company for three and a half years, I've got another week of vacation and a personal day still waiting for me this year.

This is the life, gentlemen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thegreenleaffiles.blogspot.com
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Vacation   Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:34 am

Awesome!

In January I decided to bump up my teaching schedule so these days IŽve been very busy. If I only do my orchestra work, my day is 10-1:30 with performances on the weekend. If I only have to play one or two pieces on the program, IŽll often finish at 11:30. Beats workinŽ!

For years I only was performing, so if there was no outside work, IŽd almost have days like yours. Unfortunately, I never was good about keeping the place immaculate so IŽve opted to teach more, hahaha.

Kudos!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Vacation   Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:59 am

Did you go anywhere? Or staying around the house?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Vacation   Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:52 am

Being a Government stooge means lots of vacation time for me, even though I still end up waking up at 5:00 am on my days off. Love spending quality time with my guitar!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Vacation   Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greenleaf

Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Vacation   Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:31 pm

Pretty much staying home. I visited with family in the suburbs and went to the store a few times, will be meeting a friend tomorrow. Especially since I've been living alone these past three years, home is the perfect place for me. Why go anywhere else?

At Target I got three white plastic chests of drawers for my organization. They're only eleven dollars and they do the trick, each has three drawers. Of course, I have a drawer dedicated to pipe accessories. Better than having things strewn about on your tables and such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thegreenleaffiles.blogspot.com

Vacation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1