HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Searching for an older post.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sstodvictory

Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Searching for an older post.   Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:50 pm

Images I post in BoB threads are hosted on my website, and I create links to the remote images within my posts. I would like to make filename changes to three of my website images that I linked to on or about 2010-01-09, but would rather not break the BoB links to the images.

I searched for my thread of Jan 2010 in order to edit my post containing the images, but I could not find the thread. Are the older threads not in the forum database, or maybe they are but not shown anymore, or is it just me?

If my thread from Jan 2010 is dropped or will not be shown, then there's no problem, since in that case changes on my website for these three images won't break any links here.

Just wondering.

Thanks.

Steve

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Searching for an older post.   Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:27 pm

Check with puros-bran... hes on an archive quest at the moment and might be able to help ya.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sstodvictory

Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Searching for an older post.   Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Many thanks MisterE. PM sent.

Steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Searching for an older post.   Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:36 pm

I found some posts of yours from Jan. 2010 that had pictures but I'm not sure if they are the ones you mean.

http://www.brothersofbriar.com/search?search_current=sstodvictory&search_id=476124641&start=165

If you remember where they were posted I can check to see if auto pruning was enabled on those forums. Hopefully that's not the case but you never know.

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Searching for an older post.   Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:42 pm

I'll answer here instead of the pm so if anyone else goes digging they will see it.

The server shenanigan FORUMOTION pulled last year or the year before lost hundreds of threads. I'm unsure if that's actually what happened to the thread your looking for but that would be my guess.

There's no auto archive ( although we has discussed it) or a time limit delete.
If a recent post disappears a mod likely did it. If old ones are MIA it was the server swap and reswap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Searching for an older post.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1