HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

MarylanD Bans Internet sales

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MDPipeSmoker

Registration date : 2011-01-27

PostSubject: MarylanD Bans Internet sales   Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:24 am

OK So anyone have anythoughts on this? I find it troubling, having to drive 2 or 3 hours now to get my Boswell isnt how I want to spend my saturday. I know its all about taxes and money but isnt there something about this that illegal.....I can only hope. I just dont see how they ban internet sales of only specific items. You can order books but not tobacco, it seems hypocritical to me to pick and choose what you will allow your residentts to buy and how. Any one have any ideas on we can get around this or get this over turned??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smokinbriar

Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: MarylanD Bans Internet sales   Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:28 am

Hang on to your socks,when they pass the outdoor smoking ban this summer you can spend all your time in pa.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Midnight Blues
Vinyl`meister

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: MarylanD Bans Internet sales   Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:32 am

MD,

Can you place an order over the phone to out of state stores or did the state ban tobacco imports all together?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MDPipeSmoker

PostSubject: Re: MarylanD Bans Internet sales   Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:38 am

thats a good question, I dont know if its internet exllusivley or mail order type transactions totaly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scottbtdmb

Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: MarylanD Bans Internet sales   Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:08 pm

I am under the impression that this includes phone and Internet orders. I am planning on setting up a p.o. Box in pa to combat the issue. While my local tobac shops have a decent selection, I will still need to stock up on my peretti, wilke, and rattrays. Let's use this as an opportunity to bring Maryland pipe smokers closer together. I propose we form a statewide club, combining existing clubs. Once every month or two members could put in orders for tobacco. Someone like myself who is 20 min from the mason dixon line would collect the money and orders, have the tobac shipped to the pa p.o. Box, and then we could meet up and split up the tobacco. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: MarylanD Bans Internet sales   Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:44 pm

Hey Scott,

Dont forget you guys have at least one friend up in PA. Let me know if I can help you MD boys out at all. Not sure if you can still get stuff mailed from out of state or not, but I'd be glad to act as a go between or some such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MDPipeSmoker

PostSubject: Re: MarylanD Bans Internet sales   Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:32 pm

thanks for the offer, i will most likely take you up on that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scottbtdmb

Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: MarylanD Bans Internet sales   Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Frost wrote:
Hey Scott,

Dont forget you guys have at least one friend up in PA. Let me know if I can help you MD boys out at all. Not sure if you can still get stuff mailed from out of state or not, but I'd be glad to act as a go between or some such.

Sounds good man! It is a sad day indeed though. I already have to go to Philly to get beer since md doesn't have good distribution, not to mention md doesn't allow alcohol to be shipped thru the mail. Guess I shouldn't be surprised tobacco is being added to the list. Thanks for the offer though. It's good to have a friend close by whose state hasn't gone nanny yet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

MarylanD Bans Internet sales
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1