HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:12 pm

Mmmmmm, Irish Flake!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:49 pm

So - is that all of the packages? Is this 'glory days' event over? What a fantastic series of blockbusters this has been. major kudos to one and all. Makes me humble and proud at the same time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Sun May 01, 2011 9:24 am

I think we need some more pics, if possible. Something to drool over. Very Happy

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Sun May 01, 2011 10:29 am

How about a '71 426 Hemi Cuda Convertible?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Sun May 01, 2011 12:57 pm

drool drool drool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Sun May 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Nice. But that's not a 1971 Hemi Cuda. Has a lot of the styling. Recent concept car I suppose. No doubt more affordable than an original in any kind of running condition, seeing as how there were 7 convertibles that year and two of those were 4 speeds.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Sun May 01, 2011 9:29 pm

Hey, Happy May Day, guys!!!

īTis Ken Collins Day officially I believe....

cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Sun May 01, 2011 9:30 pm

See - you can't trust Google...but you CAN trust a BoB!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Mon May 02, 2011 9:43 am

MisterE wrote:
Hey, Happy May Day, guys!!!

īTis Ken Collins Day officially I believe....

cheers cheers cheers cheers

WOOHOO!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Thu May 05, 2011 7:11 am

Guys, I want to personally thank each and every one of you that participated and made this something special...

I haven't been home for more than a couple hours in over a month but things will start slowing down shortly.. When they do I will go back through and try to determine a winner.

mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Thu May 05, 2011 4:33 pm

Looks like they're all winners,,,a very generous group indeed,,,

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Mon May 23, 2011 11:13 am

Little footnote here:

I took the lovely little Erik (what I'll call 'nosedive grain') panel as my pipe of choice to an event my wife's company puts on at Lake Tahoe, NV. A number of folks commented on it (this has happened very rarely) and of course many of the ladies made comments about the pipe smoking thing in general (never had a lady tell me she didn't like pipes, etc.). So overall it was a solid hit, and of course it smoked like a CHAMP!

I took GLP's jackKnife Plug, Gawaith Sweet Whiskey Twist and Brown Twist Sliced as my 'weeds of choice'. I was not hurtin' for goodness!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Mon May 23, 2011 12:58 pm

I think I actually get to go home today guys..
Woohoo!

Review and box out ASAP after that.

puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:12 am

And the winner is??????

As stated earlier, we are all winners for having got to spend eTime with Ken, and ALL the packages were awesome in a box (literally) .. but For cheerleading over and above the call of duty... BLACKHORSE!!!!

Be watching your mailbox bro.. theres a lil something going out tonight. Very Happy

Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:07 am

WOOHOO!! Cool

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:55 pm

Well-done, Blackhorse! I can attest, he's a Brother generous of spirit and material alike. A fine choice to carry the torch for Ken.

View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:01 pm

Congratulations Blackhorse,,, Very Happy

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:36 pm

Congratulations Blackhorse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:48 pm

Awesome! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:06 pm

Excellent!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:19 pm

Who ME???

This is more than humbling...it's...it's...a surprise. In a couple of ways. First, that I was picked for being a 'cheerleader'. I'm not really a cheerleader, as I've said before, it's more like, "Help me...I've fallen, and I can't shut up!". In another way...for some reason I seem to have stopped getting the auto-updates for this thread, I've been gone to Florida on a week long trip with my wife and I come back and the next day get this...amazing...bomber box in the mail! Huh? Who's this from? Ken? Ken Collins?!?!? Sweeeeeet!

For those of you who might be wondering...inside was a classic and what must be an antique Peterson System pipe (never had one, always wanted on) and SIX tins (ranging from 50 gm to 100 gms.) of not only great blends...but SUPER AGED great blends. I already puiffed up a bowl full of McClelland's No. 8 (circa 2004 no less)...seemed a fitting match for the local break-in of the Pete. Never had it, always heard it was fine. Man, was it mellow!

I've been known to obtain, and then eventually part with, a number of good pipes. But this Pete will never leave me. Further, each time I light up a bowl in it, and especially with the included broad range of blends, I'll not only think of Ken and give him a quiet thank you for all he did...but I'll also think of all the guys that participated in this event.

I'm really quite touched.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:03 am

Good show BH, well done. Your bomb really was something special and you definitely are deserving of the honor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:13 pm

Greetings all! Surely I will be the last to share what arrived for me for the 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.

As many of you know, I live in Mexico City, Mexico and spend only my summers in the US. Living abroad, I receive many packages in Tucson, AZ as it's generally easier for all involved. Anyhow, when I opened the door in Tucson, I found THIS waiting for me:

You can all imagine what I felt as I opened the box..... AMAAAAAAZING!! Shocked Shocked

I had been worried that my benefactor would think me both rude and thankless as the exchange came and went without any word from me. I asked PB to get word to him just so he'd understand why I wouldn't recieve the package right away. Anonymity being one of the aspects of the exchange, there was no way for me to contact him directly either.

Anyhow, this package attests to the generosity of the folks on this board and I am once again, simply amazed! My benefactor nailed it to the wall!! Mega thank you, my friend!! I shall enjoy this and know that I am among some truly amazing folk here at BoB. Cool Cool

Thank you and a happy belated Ken Collins Day!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:17 pm

Very nice. Excellent tobacco choices and a beutiful pipe!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:12 pm

And let us know what you thin, of that 'Gold Brick'! I've had my eye on that blend for some time, but haven't ordered any as yet.

PS: good to hear from you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next