HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:31 pm

Didn't know Ken, but that's not really necessary...as he was a 'brother' to me here. This event not only honors him and the obviously generous code by which he navigated his life, though it we are honoring each other and this fine site.

That being said, if any of you know of someone you think might enjoy the activity, let them know this is taking place. It's heating up nicely at this point, but the more the merrier (as in ho, ho, ho, etc.). Being new here I don't know all that many yet, but I've done a number of trades already and will shoot out a few PM's with a link to this thread to make sure a few that have done me well don't miss the opportunity - if they should so choose.

I commented to a friend on another site that I've used for years that for Lent, I'm giving up being stingy! This thing will be a good test to my faith! lol

Can I get a witness?!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:45 pm

I'm just sayin.. Not trying to entice anyone or anything.. But I think I'm passing a pipe, maybe two on down the line..

And I'm betting I'm not the only one that will do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:26 pm

Nope, you ain't the only one Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:34 am

PB, PM sent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cigargod

Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:09 am

Brother bran, pm sent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:47 am

Last call..
The train is leaving the station this evening!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:24 pm

Bombs away...

If you got two names.. or didn't get a name..please please please let me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:14 pm

Wahoo! This is exciting. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
talrmn35

Registration date : 2010-12-09

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:04 pm

and so it begins!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:16 pm

Excellent! I got a perfect match!

Pilot to crew: OK Ladies. We have a GO. Say again...GO!

Pilot to Crew Chief: Arm and Commence Loading of Bomb Package, Chief.

Pilot to Borbradiere: Initiate Targeting...Code: Collins Exchange.

Borbradiere to Pilot: Target is Locked on Long Range Radar...Release Status: Ready and Holding.

Pilot to Crew: Commencing Initial Approach Sequence Alpha. Chief...are we ready in the Bay?

Crew Chief to Pilot: Loading of Package Initiated and in Progress. Will Report When Armed and Ready.

Pilot to Crew: Secure All Decks to Commence Bombing Run. Stand By All Hands.

Bombradiere to Pilot: Target Lock is Holding. Hold On...He's doing a Squirmish* on us, Blackie! Looks like he knows we're on the way!

Pilot to Crew: OK, Stand By All Hands. Initiating Course Corrections to Compensate for Target Squirmish Maneuvering.

Bormbradiere to Pilot: Target Reaquired! Mid-Range Radar has a Secure Lock. He ain't going to get away this time!

Pilot to Crew: We got 'em Locked Boys! Chief, are we ready back there?

Crewchief to Pilot: I'm doin' all I can, Cap'n! I canna do any more! If I push her too hard, she'll gonna BLOW!

Pilot to Chief: Take 'er easy back there, Chief! We've got 'em locked. He's not goin' anywhere.

Crewchief to Pilot: Almost there Cap'n! Wait! Belay that! Cap'n, we've got trouble back here! The Bay's Too Small for the Loadout, Cap'n!

Pilot to Chief: OK, Scotty. Don't get yer knickers in a twist! We've got enough fuel to make a second run if we have to. We're fine.

Crewchief to Pilot: I'd be doin' a whole lot better if you'd get the damn Doctor outta here!

Pilot to Ship's Surgeon: Bones! Get your sorry ass outta the Bomb Package! Those are for our TARGET!

Ship's Surgeon (mumbles to himself): Dammit Blackie! I'm just an old country doctor, not a proctologist!

Pilot to Crew: Somebody! Anybody! Throw that old reprebate off the ship!

(sounds of a scuffle)

Pilot to Crew: What the hell's goin' on back there anyway?

...don't miss the continuing saga of "Bombs America". Tune in again...same time, same station...

* thanks to Sarah Pallin

Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:29 pm

Ready for the twist???

You've had sine time to stew it over.. Whatcha gonna do? How much should you give?

I have a surprise aspect of the game, anyone wanna hear it??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:56 pm

Depends...is your twist gonna make a difference if any bombs have already been dropped?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Now THAT'S a valid response!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:53 pm

I didn't have anyone send to me... On purpose.. So I wouldn't have to send to anyone... for a reason .

I happen to have a pipe Ken sent me.. And more than enough tobacco he sent me......
I, and only I , will decide the "best" ( I gotta take into account alot of crap, its no fair judging a guy that started last month against a guy smoking for 49 year package for package) bomb and reward the sender with a Ken Collins pipe and Ken Collins tobacco.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikem
The Coordinator

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:45 pm

The box is packed affraid and "should" go out this Friday or Saturday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:18 pm

That is brilliant PB. Well played. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CLRV

Registration date : 2010-12-29

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:46 pm

Brothers-

I decided not to take part in the exchange, not for lack of belief in it, but other obligations etc.

What I wanted to impart, however, is this:

This process that you all have done, honoring a Brother like this, is one of the most truly lovely things I have seen in a long time. I spend my days reading and working in the depths of human depravity, sometimes losing sight of the good people in the world. Coming home from the courthouse and reading these posts, both when Ken passed and now with the exchange... it's absolute proof that kindness, decency, and generosity remain if one knows where to look.

I am most proud to be a member of this brotherhood.

Best-
Charlie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:09 pm

Damn, I really hate to swell your head PB, but that's fantastic,,,,

Butthead

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:37 pm

That's pretty darn amazing, I agree. Also, it kind of goes along with the nature of the entire event. As has been said already, well played Sir!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:23 am

Very cool Peeb!! The perfect KCE gift.

BTW my "bomb" already went out.... hehehe. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:56 am

I need to get on the stick. I need to clean down in the cellar anyway. Good excuse to "Get 'er done!" this weekend.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:31 pm

I feel a little guilty for not being a part of this. Gift exchanges are probably my favorite thing we do around here and one honoring Ken is about the best idea I've ever heard. I have been so busy and away from the board lately so I didn't want to commit only to not give it the attention it deserves.

PB you are once again the man for setting this up and your little twist boarders on evil genius. Laughing

I'll be watching and enjoying this tremendously from the sidelines.

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:43 pm

What Jason said--Wish I could have gotten in, but life is throwing me a lot of chainsaws to juggle and I couldn't do it justice.

This is really a great thing that PB is making even better. Ken's generosity lives on! Damn but I miss him though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
gandalfpc

Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:56 am

cheers Looks like it will be a memorable pass indeed cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikem
The Coordinator

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:38 am

Sorry I haven't posted sooner but it looks like I got carpet bombed affraid Friday night. I work twelve hour shifts pale Friday through Monday (plus the commute) so don't have a lot of time for mail, etc. I will post exactly what's in the box bounce this coming Tuesday. Just glancing at the box it looks like my benefactor really knows what I like. A pipe (Poker shape [my favorite], I think it's a Mike Brissett to boot [my favorite carver]), a box of five Oliva cigars, five or six tins of mostly English blends (did notice a tin of Orlick Golden Slices) and I think eight ounces (could be more) of Star of the East. Right now alls I can say is WOW and cheers cheers cheers

Thank you so much my friend. You have done Ken proud to say the least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next