HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:37 am

I need to again thank my benefactor for this '05 Stonehaven...whoever you are you are a magnificent human being. Had my 3rd bowl of the stuff this morning and it is fantastic.

Lord, what is this glorious creature called "Stonehaven from 2005" that thou hath wrought? Why dost thou tempt me so with it's glorious sweetness only to deny me it's presence on my favorite websites? Verily, 'tis a blessing and a curse entwined.

I am ruined.

Lol. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:44 am

I'm very nearly ready to send out as well. I've finished my blacksmithing project (recipients should scan for a box marked: "Acme Anvils") and I'm now making the final 'theme guided' tobacco selections. I've gone back through my target's history of posts quite a ways to learn a little more about him and tried to tailor the items for the man. Thus far all I lack is the C4 and fuses. I think they were on sale down at Walmart the last time I went over there.

First BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Frost

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:15 pm

Well the C4 should at least ensure a relatively even and thorough burn with whatever tobacco you use it to light.

I'm not sure that is really a good solution for difficult to light tobaccos though. I have a feeling there may be some unforseen consequences.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:29 pm

The fat cargo jet lumbered down the runway straining to be free of the tarmac. Ed, the aging Ground Crew Chief watched from just inside the hanger doorway, quietly proud of the fact that the 'brick' he was in charge of held the reputation for the highest load rating in the fleet. His pride, however, was rapidly being replaced with a growing concern as his brick approached and then passed the point at which it should have been airborn. He started to stumble forward out of the hanger door, mouth agape, eyes wide with fear. My God, he thought, she's not gonna make it! She's...she's...

Just at that moment the engines roared with a scream of added power and the plane just barely cleared the ground, going into a slight yaw to starboard...then corrected and began a turgid climb clearing the windsock at the end of the field my mere inches...continuing on it's way toward the sun rising behind Mt. Hood to the East.

Wiping his hand across his forehead he let out a huge sigh of relief...followed by a growing rumble, then a shouted curse...

"They wouldn't do it again!" he bellowed, "Not to MY PLANE!"

He staggered over to the cargo manifest desk and began tearing through the paperwork that had been sitting there, finally finding what he needed...the flightlist and manifest for today...and there it was, right there in black and white.

"It WAS that damn Balckhorse!", he whispered in dispair, "Another one of those BoB Exchanges! I TOLD them not to take any more boxes of his! I TOLD THEM NOT TO!"

And so, the Ken Collins Appreciation Box wends its way toward its target...be afraid. Be very afraid!

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
gandalfpc

Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:57 pm

Good news Comrades - preparing the final item for my box now - a box to make Ken proud to be sure cheers

Update 4-18-11: all packed - out in the post tomorrow Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:31 pm

The Ken Collins Appreciation Society dropped a load on me today. WOW! Awstruck! For commies, we are sure a generous sort.

A box of 25 Peterson Gran Reserva Churchill's. An outstanding Dewar's 12 all metal cigar cutter. A handmade set of tools, which looks like a probe for loosing an overpacked bowl, possibly also used for helping to make a tight wrapped cigar breath. A really nice pipe nail formed into a tamper and a knife with a pretty decent edge for it's size. The tools stow inside of a polished copper tube with caps on each end. Not sure my picture do it justice.

A hand carved pipe. The carving looks to tell the story of Lord of the Rings. From when Deagol finds the ring of power while fishing, to Shelob's lair. Very creative.

Tins, 14oz of Edgeworth Ready Rubbed, JackKnife Plug, older The Banker's in a black label, and perhaps MacBaren's finest blend, Stockton. Bags of Tambolaka, nearly 10 yo Dunhill 965, D&R St. James Rimboche, John Patton's Stormfront, & Pipes & Cigar's Virginia Spice.

Oh, let's not forget a sleeve of Dutch chocolates shaped to look like betting chips with dice.

Enough here to keep me busy for quite some time. WOW! Thank you Comrade!!!

"Never turn your back on a Breen".

Last edited by Carlos on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gandalfpc

Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:44 pm

All I can say is - Wow!

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:51 pm

Wow indeed. Looks like alot of time and effort went in to making that package unique and special. Very cool. cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:41 pm

I have a fair idea of who sent that shipment that crashed into you, and he's one of the greats at knowing how to gift. Good show, sir.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
cigargod

Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:42 pm

I am proud to call you brothers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:55 am

Awesome! What a generous BoB. And all in the memory of another generous BoB who can't be with us today.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:10 am

Wow..

Wow.

Damn.

That's just crazy cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:47 pm

Absolutely amazing,,,Ken is smiling,,,

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:24 pm

Got the box off today to my Comrade. I feel like such a cheap, proletariat, capitalist scum; sending gifts to a brother that I'm sure only works for the good of his commune. (But then, sometimes being cheap scum isn't all bad?!?)

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
talrmn35

Registration date : 2010-12-09

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:02 pm

My box is packed and ready...has been for a week but I have been sick as a dog. It will take off tomorrow for sure! Happy landing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:27 pm

I am still working on mine. But it will go soon.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:30 am

talrmn35 wrote:
Quote :
My box is packed and ready...has been for a week but I have been sick as a dog. It will take off tomorrow for sure!
Say, you might wanna run that box through the sterilizer before sending it out!!! Shocked

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
CLRV

Registration date : 2010-12-29

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:40 am

Blackhorse wrote:
talrmn35 wrote:
Quote :
My box is packed and ready...has been for a week but I have been sick as a dog. It will take off tomorrow for sure!
Say, you might wanna run that box through the sterilizer before sending it out!!! Shocked

Shhhh, this is how to apocalypse happens, don't fight it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cigargod

Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:05 pm

Forklift left a crate today. Wow what a selection. Tins: Pete's Irish Flake, Mr. Pease's Hadoo's (old style tin) and JKP, McClelland Christmas Cheer 2003(wow), and 2000 Larsen Old Belt. A great looking carved Sevket meer and a large one at that, nicely colored and ready for years of use. Tons of samples too many to name, and a couple fists of sticks, one of which will see it's demize tonight while at a cookout. Will post pics latter as I am running short on time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:38 pm

Wow - nice trove indeed. This has certainly been a fine tribute!

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
talrmn35

Registration date : 2010-12-09

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:52 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
talrmn35 wrote:
Quote :

Box was clean I promise...BOMBS AWAY!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happypipester

Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:02 pm

Hey fellas, sorry for not posting sooner. The box shall leave for it's recipient very soon.

I'm a little squeezed for time at the moment, but I'll get a description of the goodies I received ASAP.

Cheers everyone and please forgive the fact I've been so quiet lately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:47 pm

Oooooh! I very nice and weighty box has been hand delivered to my doorstep! Looks like the evil beast has landed. Running around right now doing prep for Easter, with relatives and others due...as I want to give this the attention it deserves I will wait to post results til Monday.

A happy and blessed Easter to all of you, my brothers.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:12 pm

Yep! "Bombs Away"!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

PostSubject: Re: The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.   Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:54 pm

My box arrived from New Mexico and what a box it was!

Seven tins of great tobacco including Dominican Glory Maduro from 1998! Four huge samples (one being almost a quarter pound, so the term "sample" might not be appropriate) including Cannon Plug, Happy Brown Bogey, Black Irish X, and Peretti Summerset Slice. And on top of all that a beautiful pipe, J. Goldman with very nice grain and birdseye accross the top.

Thanks, Jason, very generous of you. Guess it will be a Happy Brown Bogey kind of night? cheers

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The 1st Annual Ken Collins Exchange.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next