HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

My job is ending...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: My job is ending...    Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:58 pm

Sad

I just got a head's up via personal email (from a friend and co-worker) that my job is ending. It's been rumored and it was only a matter of time. Well, looks like this is my last week. I'll find out which day officially on Monday, according to credited sources - but it will be by the end of the week.

Guess i'd better hold off on a variety order of aromatics. Mad

Oh well, crap happens (or is about to happen)... That's the way it goes in this economy, hopefully something will come up soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
forsooth

Registration date : 2011-01-12

PostSubject: Re: My job is ending...    Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:47 pm

Sorry to hear that, man. Is it a "rehire-if-business-picks-up" or a "lights-out-doors-locked" thing? Is the job market totally depressed in your area (like it is in my neck of the woods)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shootist51

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: My job is ending...    Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:44 pm

I feel for you, man.
Got laid of 2 years ago in company's attempt to save money in bleak economy, turns out they laid off the 147 top paid people in all Production departments. Left mostly Mexicans...I KNOW...their all from Texas....Arizona...blah blah. Told us we would be elegible to reapply if the economy got better...at 1/2 pay for most of us.

After 2 years of applying for anything that I was qualified for, over qualified for, temp positions, etc., I finally got on with a warehouse, as a temp, with a chance of becoming permanent. Just in time, as the unemployment ran out the 1st of March.

I got so fed up hearing about being over qualified, to MUCH experience, and just too old...Hell, I didn't even think the age thing was legal!!!

Fortunately, my kids are grown and on their own and I"ve managed to save some over the years, but when your bustin butt to find something...anything and read letters in the paper from some jackass that's lucky enough to still have a job, bad mouthing those on unemployment....well, better they should write letters than let ME hear them running their mouth.

Hang tough, Bro, I rooting for you and will include you in my prayers, just don't let em get ya down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: My job is ending...    Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:22 am

Unfortunately forsooth, it's permanent - downsizing and cut-backs. Job market here is not great either.

Shootist - it'll be alright, something will work out. I have faith and thank you for the prayers. I also know that everything happens for a reason, so No - it won't get me down.

Thanks for the support, guys. I'll find out officially here in about an hour - but it's still a done duck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
talrmn35

Registration date : 2010-12-09

PostSubject: Re: My job is ending...    Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:24 am

Sorry to hear that...Happened to me too. Company closed the doors...was out of work for 10 months. Hope things turn out well for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: My job is ending...    Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:05 am

Well, as predicted - yesterday was my last day. Went to the bar last night with some friends and slept in this morning.

Once upon a time, I worked in retail. While this is not at all what I want to do, guess I could always go back to Wal-Mart. I'll have to start at the bottom and work my way back up into management, but I did it before and I can do it again. This is kind of a last resort though - I hate retail!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shootist51

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: My job is ending...    Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:39 pm

Well, friends, it don't rain but it pours. Finally landed a gig as a temp in a warehouse, good feedback from all supervisors concerning performance each shift. Got home this evening to a phone call from the temp agency saying don't go back, numbers not good enough! WTF! Got to call in tomorrow after 9am to see about a different posting.

I'm not too impressed with this crap, but ya got to work to make yer beans....

Good luck to us all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay_Williams

Registration date : 2011-03-16

PostSubject: Re: My job is ending...    Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:48 pm

Yeah unfortunately all to many know this pain. I went from writing reviews and articles for one of the states largest newspaper to hustling money as a musician and odd jobs for almost two years till i picked my old job as a general maintenance man back up..I found something and I know you will too
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=501583141

My job is ending...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1