HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

*Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dock
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:34 pm

Folks,

If you don't curently belong to The North American Society of Pipe Collectors, PLEASE CONSIDER BECOMING A MEMBER!!!!!

Their bi monthly publication "The Pipe Collector" is a wealth of information that each and every one of us should have access to.They also have some very nice raffles that you're elligible for when you're enrolled as a member.....

Currently their membership numbers are down and there's been a question to as their ability to print all six issues of the P.C. this year! This fine group deserves our support and is one of only two pipe related publications left!

Dues are $13.00 per year.

Consider this a personal plea:PLEASE consider signing up with the NASPC folks!

http://www.naspc.org/

Thanks,
Dock
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
bronxbill

Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:41 pm

I agree Dock, I've been a member for several years and have enjoyed the newsletter. Well worth the 13.00; plus there are a large number of pipe shops, including internet, that give discounts to members
Back to top Go down
View user profile
regor

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:06 pm

Dock, I use to belong but I forgot to renew my membership. I need to know if they still take a CC. The form they say I have to fill out I can't on this puter due to being a dunbass when it come to DL and istalling and using the stuff. Is there a number I can call to find out. A PM sure would help- Thanks. BTW I did look on the site but couldn't find it or if they take CC's Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
regor

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:56 pm

Dock, I sent an email to Bill, he must have laughed like the devil. My wife sent in a check and forgot to tell me. The email I sent must have been a little on the panicky side and he just recieved the check.. I am still confused LOL. My wife sure is a sweetheart cyclops sunny sunny affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IHT

Registration date : 2008-03-02

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:49 pm

i was a member last year, just got a letter from them asking to re-up.
well, i can't decide. i know it's cheap, but my wife and i are on a tight budget right now due to her back being all jacked up and only getting short term disability (she may have to have 3 vertabrae fused)... going from her large income to 60% of her base pay (and it took 3 months to get any of it) is a kick in the pants.

also, i was REALLY put off by joining in the middle of what read like a bunch of cacklin' ol' hens bitching about fills and bo nordh and collectables, etc. grown men acting that way?? really? i thought i was ready the gossip column of a bunch of stay at home moms.
hell, i never got a chance to use the discounts with certain vendors either. No

i'm all for backing an association that will put my money to good use in fighting for our rights or getting good info out there (and there were some great stories/articles to read), but paying to read ppl bitch back and forth over a damn "fill" in a pipe?? it's a pipe, big whoop. even if my most expensive pipe had a fill, it's JUST a pipe.
anyway, not trying to get off topic, just explaining why i may not re-up this year. i must've caught it at a very bad time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:59 pm

IHT wrote:

also, i was REALLY put off by joining in the middle of what read like a bunch of cacklin' ol' hens bitching about fills and bo nordh and collectables, etc. grown men acting that way?? really? i thought i was ready the gossip column of a bunch of stay at home moms.

i'm all for backing an association that will put my money to good use in fighting for our rights or getting good info out there (and there were some great stories/articles to read), but paying to read ppl bitch back and forth over a damn "fill" in a pipe?? it's a pipe, big whoop. even if my most expensive pipe had a fill, it's JUST a pipe.
anyway, not trying to get off topic, just explaining why i may not re-up this year. i must've caught it at a very bad time.

Does NASPC fully support the right to form a constitutional militia in order to keep tyranny in check, and fight the smoke nazis that are treading on me and everyone else here? Are the members willing to shoulder the musket and brandish the sword or are they going to kowtow to the tyrants for the sake of being politicly correct? If they do and will, then I will gladly join.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:39 pm

JP its a pipe club dedicated to ummmm well smoking pipes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thomas james
Italian Stallion

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:57 pm

Justpipes wrote:
,,,,,,,,,,are they going to kowtow to the tyrants for the sake of being politicly correct? If they do and will, then I will gladly join.

Nathan Hale?

NO!

Leroy Mercer!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ron

Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:15 am

I agree with Dock. It's $13 well spent. They do great articles, profiles, show reports, etc. I feel like it's an obligation for me to subscribe to NASPC and P&T...kinda like we just need to all band together due to our small and perhaps shrinking numbers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:10 pm

puros_bran wrote:
JP its a pipe club dedicated to ummmm well smoking pipes.

PB, I just couldn't resist!
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:28 pm

Ron wrote:
we just need to all band together due to our small and perhaps shrinking numbers.

Well put Ron. I've seen a few of the newsletters and intended to join, it's something I'm definitely going to do. I respect what they're doing for the hobby.

By the way, Welcome to BoB Ron. You're the first member to put his prison mug shot up as an avatar, you win the official BoB chain gang award Laughing

Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:30 pm

thomas james wrote:
Justpipes wrote:
,,,,,,,,,,are they going to kowtow to the tyrants for the sake of being politicly correct? If they do and will shoulder the musket and brandish the sword, then I will gladly join.

Nathan Hale was a great patriot!

NO!

Leroy Mercer!

TJ,

I am glad to see that you are growing so fond of Walnut as to include a photo of it in your posts.

And yes, Nathan Hale was a great patriot! It seems that you know your history well TJ.
Back to top Go down
Ron

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:53 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
By the way, Welcome to BoB Ron. You're the first member to put his prison mug shot up as an avatar, you win the official BoB chain gang award Laughing
Thanks for the welcome. Regarding the mugshot...I'm not too thrilled with mow my plastic surgery turned out. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scottyb

Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:23 pm

I just re-upped my membership. Personally, I like the fiery feuds in the newsletter - remember, it's just a piece of wood with two holes in it. affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.piperestore.com
shootist51

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Sun May 04, 2008 1:41 pm

JP,

I'm a member and I will.

Matt

Justpipes wrote:
IHT wrote:

Does NASPC fully support the right to form a constitutional militia in order to keep tyranny in check, and fight the smoke nazis that are treading on me and everyone else here? Are the members willing to shoulder the musket and brandish the sword or are they going to kowtow to the tyrants for the sake of being politicly correct? If they do and will, then I will gladly join.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ron

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Sun May 04, 2008 8:53 pm

Probably not the place to post this, but wanted to say that I just ordered a can of Walnut. I was at the show and wanted to buy some Maltese Falcon but everyone was out. I went online and ordered that and a couple of other baccies and it said if my order was +$100 then shipping is free...Walnut pushed me over the top. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Sun May 04, 2008 8:58 pm

That might be the only justification for Walnut.
Back to top Go down
Justpipes
The Duke

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Sun May 04, 2008 9:09 pm

Ron wrote:
Probably not the place to post this, but wanted to say that I just ordered a can of Walnut. I was at the show and wanted to buy some Maltese Falcon but everyone was out. I went online and ordered that and a couple of other baccies and it said if my order was +$100 then shipping is free...Walnut pushed me over the top. cheers

Ron,

Let us know how you like the Walnut. The Maltese Falcon is very good also!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Sun May 04, 2008 9:12 pm

Good thing for me that today is Sunday or Mark might have thrown some bombs my way for that comment about Walnut. LOL
Back to top Go down
CPT/VSG

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Tue May 27, 2008 12:25 pm

I joined earlier this year and have enjoyed their newsletters. I'm looking forward to attending the pipe show they host in August.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.treneff.com
Muddler

Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:33 pm

Dock, I'd happily join - after all, it is the leading pipe collecting association on the planet. But you guys make it difficult for non- North Americans. I don't want to get a USD money order - it's difficult - lots & lots of forms, lots of time, lots of frustration. I want to use PayPal. Why not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smokey422

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:16 pm

I agree, NASPC deserves our support. I enjoy the newsletter, although the fill controversy did get to be a bit much for me also. There aren't that many pipe pubications left with the demise of the Emphemeris.

Smokey
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nate560

Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:19 am

hi all didn't know about this but i went to the link and checked it out it was most interesting. i enjoyed how he got the stand up pipe cabinet being a disabled vet i can spend alot of tim on the computer so its one more good spot for me they will be getting my check for this year whats left and for next year. im so glad i found these type of sites happy smoking all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CPT/VSG

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:55 am

I've sent in my renewal for a whopping $15. The newsletter alone is worth that. Plus, many of our favorite retailers provide a NASPC discount. I encourage fellow BoB members to join and support the hobby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.treneff.com
jeremyt

Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: *Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!   Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:18 pm

Hey folks, I'm bringing this topic back up. We need more of you all to join to help keep the organization up and going. They are upping dues to $17.00 per year for American members, $20.00 for Canadian members, and $32.00 for all other members. This is nothing when you see the newsletter you get every other month. Plus there is a load of businesses that give discounts to members. Go check them out at :www.naspc.org
Back to top Go down
View user profile

*Open Plea For Support of The NASPC !!!!!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next