HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Chess?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Chess?   Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:03 pm

Anyone collect chess pieces? Neither do I, but this caught my eye. Amber, the erstwhile choice for pipe stems.

" />
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AdamCordray

Registration date : 2016-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Chess?   Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:47 am

I play every once in awhile, although I'm not particularly good. One resource to check out is Chess.com, allows you to play against other players in real time, offers tournaments, keeps track of your rank, teaches tactics, drills, openings, videos and lessons. I find it pretty helpful because I'm much more visual when learning chess. I've found it hard to learn from the shorthand commonly seen in books.

Adam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fight'n Hampsters

Registration date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Chess?   Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:53 am

AdamCordray wrote:
I play every once in awhile, although I'm not particularly good.  One resource to check out is Chess.com, allows you to play against other players in real time, offers tournaments, keeps track of your rank, teaches tactics, drills, openings, videos and lessons.  I find it pretty helpful because I'm much more visual when learning chess.  I've found it hard to learn from the shorthand commonly seen in books.

Adam

Glad to find this revived thread!

I like the idea of playing against humans online. By that I mean that every time I have tried against the computer, even on novice, it kicks my a$$.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Chess?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: