HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

When you start to think the universe revolves around you

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: When you start to think the universe revolves around you   Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:00 pm

Watch this video: (enlarge to full screen)

http://www.wimp.com/milkytimelapse/

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartinH

Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: When you start to think the universe revolves around you   Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:56 pm

That's pretty amazing looking. I'd like to know how the photographer did that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pipereviews.org
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: When you start to think the universe revolves around you   Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:21 pm

That made my day,,,

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: When you start to think the universe revolves around you   Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:26 pm

Boy, seeing this makes me miss being in AZ or Colorado where you can SEE stars! Too polluted with smog and light to experience it here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: When you start to think the universe revolves around you   Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:44 am

Pretty neat stuff Natch. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RealtorFrank

Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: When you start to think the universe revolves around you   Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:48 am

That was great, and really relaxing too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.franksellsnashville.com/
NeroWolfe

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: When you start to think the universe revolves around you   Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:24 am

Superb !!! Very relaxing !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tedswearingen

Registration date : 2010-12-03

PostSubject: Re: When you start to think the universe revolves around you   Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:44 pm

"When you start to think the universe revolves around you" watch a video that makes you feel like the universe is actually revolving around you to reiterate a sense of egocentricity? Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.smokingpipes.com
Natch

PostSubject: Re: When you start to think the universe revolves around you   Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:19 pm

tedswearingen wrote:
"When you start to think the universe revolves around you" watch a video that makes you feel like the universe is actually revolving around you to reiterate a sense of egocentricity? Sounds good to me.

Laughing Great observation, time laps does make it look like the stars are revolving around us. Easy to see how throughout most of history our ancestors were convinced that was the case. Perhaps the Flat Earth Society has it correct?!?

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: When you start to think the universe revolves around you   Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:46 pm

MisterE wrote:
Boy, seeing this makes me miss being in AZ or Colorado where you can SEE stars! Too polluted with smog and light to experience it here.

But 98% of that smog is from all the carnitas and chorizo grilling away, so it's a fair trade.

Yum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: When you start to think the universe revolves around you   Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:07 pm

LL wrote:
MisterE wrote:

But 98% of that smog is from all the carnitas and chorizo grilling away, so it's a fair trade.

Yum.

LOL- yeah, itīs a toss up. Pastor (my favorite) too.... cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StatHaldol

Registration date : 2011-04-21

PostSubject: Re: When you start to think the universe revolves around you   Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:57 pm

Thanks for posting! I watched it with a bowl of FM On The Town!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cuervo25_1

Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: When you start to think the universe revolves around you   Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:42 pm

Now I must find something of the like for my screen saver. It does make a person feel small when you see the stars in the wide open sky like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

PostSubject: Re: When you start to think the universe revolves around you   Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:00 pm

Here's the same video (bits of it) but with the cinematographer explaining what he's doing and where. Great geographic information.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/04/23/ctw.earth.day.photos.cnn?hpt=C2

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile

When you start to think the universe revolves around you
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1