HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Possible new job

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cuervo25_1

Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Possible new job   Wed May 11, 2011 9:20 pm

I may have a new job come friday. in the NJ hunting forum I frequint ther is quite a few buisness owners so I post up about needing a job. One sends me a PM saying he needs laborers for his company to give him a call ,so I did. His company is almost 1 year old has many jobs lined up in NJ and NYC the pay is great (will explain in a bit) as well as insurance.

The best part he has ADD so he knows exactly how I work and the things I need to do or the cooperation I need to acheive what needs to be done.

Now to the pay he pays his employees that are laborers (thats what I will be doing) 20 - 25 an hour BUT there are jobs that are prevailing pay rate. That means that the Gov't (state and fed) step in and make sure that it is fair pay for the particular job when it comes to public works. Those jobs would pay me double my regular pay or so. so anywhere from 20- 50 bucks or more an hour will be what I am getting.

Now if I get this job that does quite a few things.

1) my wife will not have to have a fulltime job to make ends meet, we can do it on my pay alone (she is still looking for F/T though

2) stress levels will drop dramaticly

3) I will most likely have better insurance than what I had before i lost my other job at a better rate

4) NO MORE SAYING WE CAN'T AFFORD THAT !

First order of buisness as far as not neccesary but nice catagory would be for me to save money for a 4WD that I want, not just a vehicle to get me from point A to point B, I am so tired of that crap. Of course that comes after the bills,throwing some in savings for "in case of emergency or having to pay in to taxes" and so on.

I am going to go to his office friday and iron things out I guess. The way he makes it sound I have the job, but I am not sure yet so keep fingers crossed and prayers said please.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Possible new job   Wed May 11, 2011 9:24 pm

Sounds like a great opportunity--hope it comes to be, Cuervo!

View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
shootist51

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Possible new job   Wed May 11, 2011 9:31 pm

Good luck, buddy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Possible new job   Wed May 11, 2011 9:47 pm

Great news Cuervo,,,will be pulling for you,,,,

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Possible new job   Thu May 12, 2011 12:32 am

Hey, great to hear some positive work related news for a change! Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sand18f

Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Possible new job   Sat May 14, 2011 4:30 am

Cuervo, I hope an pray things went well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RealtorFrank

Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Possible new job   Sat May 14, 2011 9:39 am

Best of luck to you with the job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.franksellsnashville.com/
Cuervo25_1

Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Possible new job   Sat May 14, 2011 12:37 pm

I didn't get the job, however I was also interviewed for a landscaping job the same day. That one seemed more promising as far as getting the job. I had to take a "test" as part of the interview on lawn sprinklers. I have never dealt with lawn sprinklers heck I didn't even know there was different types. I guessed at alot of the answeres or applied what I do know by working on cars when it came to the electrical issues and some of the other things. He looked over and his exact words was " it is hard to believe that you had a hard time with this and you never worked with lawn sprinklers ,this is great!" then he closed of by saying he just had to call my referances.

At this point just to have a job again will be great,but this is also something that I enjoy doing(landscaping) I don't know what the pay will be but the insurance is good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Possible new job
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: Life Events-
Jump to: