drink of choice while smoking

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
benmarcum

benmarcum

Registration date : 2009-06-25

drink of choice while smoking Empty
PostSubject: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 8:21 am

Being the good Kentucky boy that I am, i really prefer to drink bourbon while smoking. However I think it may be time that I find a new non-booze option...so what is your drink of choice?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cobaltspiderwebdesign.com
Krusty

Krusty

Registration date : 2010-12-20

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:20 am

Dark beer, a good porter from any brewery goes well with most any tobacco for me.

Non-Booze? Coffee for the most part, occasional cup of tea
Back to top Go down
Schmitzbitz

Registration date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:29 pm

Now that summer has finally arrived in South-Western B.C. (not that you would know it from todays 13c and rainy), I'm discovering the joys of lemonaide and VaPers in the sunshine.
Coffee and/or tea also gets a vote from me.
Back to top Go down
onabullit

onabullit

Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 3:20 am

drink of choice while smoking Nuun10

The way this product feels in my mouth very much cleanses my palate of pipe smoke and makes me ready for the next puff, perhaps it is the sodium content. I think as a general rule, sweet sugary stuff should be avoided.

Last edited by onabullit on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nomad

Registration date : 2011-07-12

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 4:40 am

On the booze side of things, I enjoy gin or a bitter-style or IPA beer with English mixtures and hefeweizens or saisons with Virginias. A bottle of amontillado never disagreed either.

On the non-alcoholic side, coffee and tea are surefire choices, but I find ginger beer or tonic water to be refreshing as well.
Back to top Go down
flytyer

flytyer

Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 5:41 pm

Coffee or unsweetened iced tea , mineral water , or seltzer water
Back to top Go down
msmith1956

msmith1956

Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 8:18 pm

Coffee or beer most of the time for me!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/w4mms
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 8:52 pm

Nothing, or at least a glass of non-ice water.

I prefer to taste the tobacco.

Cheers,

RR

drink of choice while smoking Purple11x 2drink of choice while smoking Bombx10  drink of choice while smoking Bombx7drink of choice while smoking D6bddf10 drink of choice while smoking 44902965465_19121c84ed_s_d
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
CarterHallJunkie

CarterHallJunkie

Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:19 pm

If we are talking non booze

it's coffee -strong flavorful coffee for me!
Back to top Go down
http://htpp://frankdickinson.me
NicholasDestray

Registration date : 2011-08-17

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:15 am

I'm part of the no drinking while smoking group, not even water. However, I'll almost always drain a glass of something--usually water--after I finish a bowl.
Back to top Go down
PipeLeisure

PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 5:21 pm

This is a very interesting topic, I think a lot depends on what blend you are puffing. I like a nice scotch on the rocks as a good "go to" drink with a pipe.

I think its fun to experiment with this and see what pairs well with the other...its heaven once you discover a perfect combo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
jacko

jacko

Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:25 am

Port or coffee. Nothing with milk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.torontopipeclub.ca/
CarterHallJunkie

CarterHallJunkie

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:28 am

jacko wrote:
Port or coffee. Nothing with milk.

Does the milk drown out the taste of the tobacco for you?

I sometimes enjoy an iced vanilla coffee with my evening bowl.
Back to top Go down
PipeLeisure

PipeLeisure

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:29 pm

Ardbeg whiskey with any English blend.
Back to top Go down
CarterHallJunkie

CarterHallJunkie

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:41 pm

PipeLeisure wrote:

Never had Ardbeg - nice? smooth?
Back to top Go down
Boulder

Boulder

Registration date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:27 pm

At the moment a cup of joe and carter hall.

also decaf iced-tea, bowl of semi melted ice-cream or liquors of the clear variety.
Back to top Go down
CarterHallJunkie

CarterHallJunkie

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:32 pm

Boulder wrote:

At the moment a cup of joe and carter hall.

also decaf iced-tea, bowl of semi melted ice-cream or liquors of the clear variety.

Carter Hall? You're speaking my language!!
Back to top Go down
PipeLeisure

PipeLeisure

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 7:54 pm

Well it's no Johney Walker Blue but it's a nice dram for the money if you now what I'm saying....Lol
Back to top Go down
Dave_In_Philly

Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:34 pm

More often then not its just a glass of water for me. Weekend mornings I'll usually smoke some burley with my morning coffee. When I do drink something more adult oriented in the evening I do find the sweetness of bourbon goes well with Virginias and peaty scotches go well with heavier lat blends. Lagers and stouts seem to go well with everything but I find IPAs tend to be a little overpowering for most blends.
Back to top Go down
PipeLeisure

PipeLeisure

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:48 pm

Your taste buds are very similar to mine Dave, I love pairing different drinks with my pipes
Back to top Go down
choch

choch

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:34 pm

My drink of choice with a pipe is Scotch. While I prefer rich 12+ year old De Luxe blends over 1 or 2 ice cubes, my wallet often demands that I drink younger blends (Teachers is a steal for the price) usually on the rocks with just a splash of soda water. During the week, with work coming far too early in the morning, I usually drink iced tea when I smoke. I find the darjeeling, earl grey and oolong work well with a pipe.
Back to top Go down
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 3:36 am

I know that Latakia blends and peated scotch is an obvious pairing but I often enjoy a dram of Laphroaig while smoking VA and VApers. I like how the leathery, smokey campfire contrasts the spicy/sweet of a good matured VA or VAper.

Lighter VA/burley blends like OGS and Best brown are excellent with a bit of the Balvenie Doublewood (enhances the honey note IMO)

And I also love a good IPA, either Stone or Sierra Nevada, with some of the Lakeland flakes and blends. I love the "soapy" and "floral" notes and to me a good IPA should have a certain "fine soap" and "floral" taste as well
Back to top Go down
NicholasDestray

Registration date : 2011-08-17

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 4:24 am

CarterHallJunkie wrote:
PipeLeisure wrote:

Never had Ardbeg - nice? smooth?
I'm a fan of Ardbeg, but smooth isn't the first adjective that comes to mind. I like my whiskies smoky and pungent, and whether a whisky is smooth or not is a secondary consideration for me. It's been a while since I've last had a glass (I have an unopened bottle waiting for a special occasion.) but I don't remember it being particularly smooth.

PipeLeisure wrote:
Well it's no Johney Walker Blue but it's a nice dram for the money if you now what I'm saying....Lol
Indeed. Actually, if we had to split a Johnnie Walker Blue and an Ardbeg on some desert island exile, I'd be happy to let you make off with the Blue Label, if I could keep the Ardbeg for myself. However, I will give Blue Label credit for being one of the few whiskies I would characterize as simultaneously smooth and smoky.

Sorry to veer off topic, I'm still a no-drinking-while-smoking kind of guy.
Back to top Go down
Dottleman

Dottleman

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:18 pm

Agree with s.Ireland - Laphroaig is the way to go for me.
Back to top Go down
PipeLeisure

PipeLeisure

PostSubject: Re: drink of choice while smoking   drink of choice while smoking EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 2:45 pm

I'm out of Ardbeg at the moment and need to get some more, I just get the 10 year...that's good enough for me @ $68 a bottle.
Back to top Go down

drink of choice while smoking
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next