HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Bikes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:07 pm

Ok, i'm not Skeered. I'll show off my fire-breathing monsters. This is absolute RAW horsepower now. Actually, they all get 80-100 mpg and in Missouri no License or Insurance is required. Helmets are optional on anything under 50cc's, but I wear one for good measure.

I don't have a good pic of my Honda Metropolitan, but i'll show my Honda Elite SA50 and a Honda Clone chinese 50cc Moped. As soon as the rain stops, i'll get a better pic of the 2009 Metropolitan.

2009 Honda Metropolitan

1993 Honda Elite SA50

2010 Chinese 50cc Moped

Also, a good friend of mine on his Original Indian Moped! He's done a partial restoration on it and has it running great. The cosmetics will be dealt with this winter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TCnBham

Registration date : 2012-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:43 pm

Currently, I ride a Harley Davidson 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra (CVO stands for Custom Vehicle Operations). It's basically a completely decked out HD from the factory. I've owned Honda, Ducati, other HD, Yamaha.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeGeek

Registration date : 2012-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:37 pm

2011 Victory Cross Roads. Traded in my 2003 Suzuki Volusia for it last summer.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sean68

Registration date : 2012-06-21

PostSubject: My Trumpet!   Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:36 am

I currently ride a 2010 Triumph Speed Triple, the ultimate hooligan motorcycle! I love this machine.

It was my first motorcycle in five years. Financial troubles left me bikeless for those five years.

I have owned several other motorcycles in the past, including a Harley Road King (1996) and two Sportsters (1995 and 2001). The Sportsters are by far some of the most enjoyable motorcycles to ride. Folks who chose to label your motorcycle a "girls bike" have some serious security issues of their own (since when is 883 cc's something to sneeze at?). I have also owned a 1996 Honda CBR600, 1998 Triumph Daytona 1200, and a 2000 Aprilia RSV Mille.

I love my Speed Triple and plan to own it forever. As I pay it off I am planning the next machine. I have been debating a Harley Road King or a Triumph Rocket III. However, I have a neighbor who wants to sell me his Harley Dyna Super Glide for a very fair price. He has not put it on the market as I am deployed, so hopefully it will still be available when I get home in the fall. That being the case, the fair price leaves me primed for a not too distant future purchase of an early 2000's Ducati ST4. A sweet, exotic sport tourer for daddy to escape on...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sean68

PostSubject: Sweet!   Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:37 am

slipknor wrote:
I'm a Royal Enfield owner.
I'm proud to have a 350cc Bullet!

Sir, these motorcycles are very cool. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:58 pm

I can't believe I'm just now seeing this thread. I'm a huge motorcycle fan.

My first bike was a 1990 Yamaha V-Max 1200. That's a lot of bike for your first bike. It's basically a drag bike made to go ridiculously fast....in a straight line. She didn't do so well in the corners. I got this when I lived in Colorado and rode it so much that I sold my car. I even rode it on occasion in the snow....very stupid. In fact, the lowest temperature I ever rode her in was 8 degrees. Now that's commitment. I had her tweaked out to get more performance and she'd go through rear tires like mad.

Here she is. Her name was "Mr. Sir!"

After I rode the daylights out of Mr. Sir, I decided to pick up my dream bike, a 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa 1300. I couldn't have asked for anything more. This bike was everything I wanted it to be.

I write in past tense, because I sold her a few years back. I decided that I had ridden long enough and had come out unscathed, so it was probably a good time to quit tempting my fate sell it. My family was all very relieved to see "Lucy" go. While I think it was a wise decision, it was really hard to watch someone else ride off on her, and to this day I wish I were still riding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://GrowleyPipes.com
Sean68

PostSubject: Return to the Road!   Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:37 am

I write in past tense, because I sold her a few years back. I decided that I had ridden long enough and had come out unscathed, so it was probably a good time to quit tempting my fate sell it. My family was all very relieved to see "Lucy" go. While I think it was a wise decision, it was really hard to watch someone else ride off on her, and to this day I wish I were still riding. [/quote]

Growley, my good Sir! You must return to the road! I was without a motorcycle for five years and it was down right depressing. I can understand the time comes to put away the fast bikes. But that is the time to find a comfortable cruiser to put around on! I am researching Harley Dyna models right now. A more reasonable option from Harley.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sean68

PostSubject: My Trumpet!   Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:14 am

My Triumph Speed Triple. It is a 2010 model I bought brand new in December 2011 when I returned from my last deployment to Afghanistan. I love this little beast! I was only able to put around 600 miles on her before redeploying. I am looking forward to many years and many miles of fun in my Trumpet!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:06 am

Couple pics of my Road King Custom.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sean68

PostSubject: Road King.   Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:00 am

Dutch, I love the Road Kings! I had one I bought in 1995, probably had it for six or seven years. It was a good bike.

I might be buying a 2009 Dyna Super Glide Custom when I get home. A neighbor is trying to sell me his (it only has 600 miles, the missus didn't approve...). I hope to find some good riding roads around Huntsville when I get there!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:02 pm

Sean68 wrote:
Dutch, I love the Road Kings! I had one I bought in 1995, probably had it for six or seven years. It was a good bike.

I might be buying a 2009 Dyna Super Glide Custom when I get home. A neighbor is trying to sell me his (it only has 600 miles, the missus didn't approve...). I hope to find some good riding roads around Huntsville when I get there!

Sean, the Dyna line is the preferred bike of many seasoned riders, and would be my first choice were I going to buy a second bike.

East of Huntsville, in the NE corner of the state is Jackson County. These are the foothills of the Appalachians, so there is plenty of scenic riding only minutes away from Huntsville.

Another great scenic ride, is the Natchez Trace Parkway located in the NW corner of Alabama. No commercial vehicles allowed, 444 miles of scenic roadway maintained by the National Park Service with bookoo points of historical interest, and a 50 mph speed limit make it a favorite of many bikers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fishfuzz

Registration date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:42 pm

BMW 650 CS

...that I haven't ridden in sooooo long. :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sean68

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:53 am

Dutch wrote:
East of Huntsville, in the NE corner of the state is Jackson County. These are the foothills of the Appalachians, so there is plenty of scenic riding only minutes away from Huntsville.

Another great scenic ride, is the Natchez Trace Parkway located in the NW corner of Alabama. No commercial vehicles allowed, 444 miles of scenic roadway maintained by the National Park Service with bookoo points of historical interest, and a 50 mph speed limit make it a favorite of many bikers.

Chris, this sounds great. I am sure I have read about the Natchez Trail Parkway somewhere, too. Thanks, brother! Keep the rubber side down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:24 pm

Really like that speed triple, am in the process of selling my buell cyclone m2 right now. Evil or Very Mad Broke about two years ago and harley parts are damned expensive. Love the naked bikes and the cafe racers though. It was 1200 cc of corning power and torque, loved it. Have a little one now, bike broke few months before he was born. Guess it wasn't such a bad thing, but I ache so bad to get back out and ride sometimes. Nothing like the flying through the gears with only inches between you and the pavement. pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
Sean68

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:11 am

i.keenum wrote:
Really like that speed triple, am in the process of selling my buell cyclone m2 right now. Evil or Very Mad Broke about two years ago and harley parts are damned expensive. Love the naked bikes and the cafe racers though. It was 1200 cc of corning power and torque, loved it. Have a little one now, bike broke few months before he was born. Guess it wasn't such a bad thing, but I ache so bad to get back out and ride sometimes. Nothing like the flying through the gears with only inches between you and the pavement. pirat

Sir, I LOVE the Buells! It is a shame that you find yourself needing to sell that sexy little piece of history. I have considered buying one like this for my daughter's first motorcycle. But she is obsessed with Ducati Monsters (another fine choice) so I think Daddy will be seeking one of those next year...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:18 am

I was asked several times when I ride out of out was a ducati monster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:03 pm

Sean68 wrote:

I write in past tense, because I sold her a few years back. I decided that I had ridden long enough and had come out unscathed, so it was probably a good time to quit tempting my fate sell it. My family was all very relieved to see "Lucy" go. While I think it was a wise decision, it was really hard to watch someone else ride off on her, and to this day I wish I were still riding.

Growley, my good Sir! You must return to the road! I was without a motorcycle for five years and it was down right depressing. I can understand the time comes to put away the fast bikes. But that is the time to find a comfortable cruiser to put around on! I am researching Harley Dyna models right now. A more reasonable option from Harley.

Cheers![/quote]

I would love to get back on a bike. Even with a ridiculously fast rocket, my biggest fear wasn't wrecking...but being wrecked. The only times I almost got in a wreck were when other people weren't paying attention...mostly people in mini-vans, driving and talking on cell phones. If I knew I could drive on roads where no one else was I'd be all over it.

Oh, I almost died once when I was cruising through the mountains in Colorado. I hit an 8" rock at 55 mph and ramped up about 2 feet in the air. Crazy...

Nice Triumph! Stay safe!

Oh, nice avatar change by the way. Your first one made me nervous Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://GrowleyPipes.com
Sean68

PostSubject: Long lost thread...   Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:59 pm

Okay, so there are probably threads that are far more lost than this one.

BUT, motorcycles are SO important to me! I have been very interested to read what sort of motorcycles and riding experiences my fellow Brothers of Briar tell of.

I find motorcycles to be an interesting choice, much like how one choses to smoke his (and her!) tobacco, drink his (and her!) fine beverages, etc. Pipes tend more toward a thinking gentleman or someone with an appreciation for history and culture. These same people will make interesting choices in motorcycles. I prefer Triumph and Ducati, although I do like all European makes. And I even still have a soft spot in my heart for Harley Davidson despite being overpriced and underdeveloped. I shy away from Japanese manufacturers mostly due to character having been completely developed out of them, although there are a few Japanese motorcycles in particular I am fond of.

So, anyways, just trying to keep the topic alive.

Ciao!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somedumbjerk

Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:16 am

keeping it going. I aquired a '77 Honda CB550k and am doing the typical cafe thing. thing needed work and the frame was chopped so i went at it. i'll get pics when it's done, but here it is as a mess:
http://i.imgur.com/NPVHo.jpg
slapped some clubmans on it and it started to get a little character. going to keep it pretty rough though, ratty and not all polished.hate polished cafe bikes next one is going to be a street tracker of some kind. or a funduro.
http://i.imgur.com/jqqQH.jpg

Last edited by somedumbjerk on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pics too big, couldn't resize searching for info)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawker

Registration date : 2012-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:24 pm

2007 FXSTC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CigarKen

Registration date : 2012-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:04 pm

Recently sold this. '94 HD FXR Sad but will be saving my pennies for a Sucker Punch Sally or somethin like it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cben

Registration date : 2012-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:15 am

I just finished a frame up build of a 1977 ironhead sportster. It's got a solo seat, ape hangers. bobed fender,
Andrews cam and drag pipes. All the motor work, fabrication and painting I did myself ( which took 3yrs ). The
only thing I farmed out was the powder coating of the frame.
Now there is a 1979 ironhead with a hardtail frame waiting to be built in the shed. It will take me awhile to do this one as my 3yr old daughter happily takes up most of my time.
I will try to get some pictures posted for you guys as soon as I get my new camera figured out.

Chet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DireWolf

Registration date : 2015-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:45 pm

Motorcycle thread!

:woot

Current:

Own an HD now (my second), but I am certainly not a brand snob.

Previous marquees: Husky (1), KTM (2), Honda (2), Triumph (2), Kawasaki (2), Buell (1), Yamaha (2), BMW (2)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DireWolf

Registration date : 2015-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:54 pm

Growley wrote:
My first bike was a 1990 Yamaha V-Max 1200. That's a lot of bike for your first bike.

Funny.

So was mine.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:09 pm

My first scooter was a 1958 T-20 Triumph Tiger Cub that I had back in 1960.

Worked my way from that up to my current scooter a 1968 BMW R-50 that I've had for over the last 40 years. I've put over 250k miles on it and rebuilt the motor and a ground up resto3 years ago. Don't ride it much theses days what with the mix of cell phones/SUVs on the roads Twisted Evil Twisted Evil  Pic is at the last BMWRA  gathering I was at 20 years ago. Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Bikes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next