HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Bikes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:41 pm

Nice bikes guys! Thanks for sharing your pics!!! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JustTroItIn

Registration date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:14 pm

Ah yes! My other vice.

I grew up riding pillion with my dad. I have been riding since I was 16 (15 if you count my Honda Spree).

This is my first bike, a 1971 BMW R60/5. I still have it and is my daily rider.

This bike is a 1980 Soviet Era Dnepr sidecar rig that was made in the Ukraine (cousin to the Russian Ural). My dad bought it new in 1980. He finally got tired of fixing it and put it in a dusty corner of the garage in 1989. The pic is of my dad, grandma, and that's me sitting on the back.

In 2004 with the news that I had a son on the way I went over to dads and rescued the Dnepr. I tore it completely down and replaced as many parts as I could with western parts. The first pic is of my son in the sidecar. The second is with my daughter on the back and my cousin in the sidecar.

This is my first dirt bike, a 1993 Husqvarna TE-350 that had been bored up to a 480. It ate a valve in the middle of the woods in early 2000. Since then I have slowly (very slowly) getting bits for it to get it back on the road. My plan is to turn it into a Supermotard.

This is my current dirt ride, a 2005 GasGas EC250 (made in Spain). Since aquiring this bike about 5 years ago I have done a lot more trail riding and love it.

Since I was dirt riding and it can take a lot of time, I wanted my son to be able to enjoy it with me. This is him at 4 years old on his first bike, a Suzuki JR50.

He turned 9 last September and outgrew the Suzuki, so I upgraded him to a Honda XR80.

Last year my daughter (14) wanted to get into riding also. She wanted a dirt bike but I opted to get her a quad instead (1998 Polaris Trailblazer 250 Auto). She is now pretty happy that I went that route after giving her brothers XR80 a try.

This last pic is from labor day weekend. The kids and I went riding for three days in the woods.

In addition to these I have a few neglected projects including a 1995 Ducati 900SS CR.

My wife supports my motorcycle hobby (habit?) 100% but unfortunately does not join me on the bike very often as it's just not her thing. I still have hopes of getting her on a quad so she can join us trail riding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JustTroItIn

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:30 pm

monbla256 wrote:
My first scooter was a 1958 T-20 Triumph Tiger Cub that I had back in 1960.

Worked my way from that up to my current scooter a 1968 BMW R-50 that I've had for over the last 40 years. I've put over 250k miles on it and rebuilt the motor and a ground up resto3 years ago. Don't ride it much theses days what with the mix of cell phones/SUVs on the roads Twisted Evil Twisted Evil  Pic is at the last BMWRA  gathering I was at 20 years ago. Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

Absolutely gorgeous /2. I have always loved Dover White Beemers. Someday I'll do a ground up resto of my /5 and Dover White she will be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DireWolf

Registration date : 2015-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:04 pm

Oh jeeze.

An airhead nut.

5)

Kidding of course.

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JustTroItIn

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:24 pm

No offense taken. If anything is to be taken from the Beemer ralleys I have been to, there is something wrong with all of us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:56 pm

JustTroItIn wrote:
No offense taken.  If anything is to be taken from the Beemer ralleys I have been to, there is something wrong with all of us.  

I had a /6 for a couple of years and it was fine but I prefer the ride and handling of the old Earles forks /2's !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil They are some SMOOOOOTH riding road bikes !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gonzo

Registration date : 2015-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:14 pm

Hey guys, some nice bike pics everyone has got up here. I am on a 92 Honda Nighthawk 750. Also picking away at a side project 82 Suzuki Gs1100g ratbike.

[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.etsy.com/shop/GonzoArtCollective?ref=hdr_shop_menu
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:49 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Hey guys, some nice bike pics everyone has got up here. I am on a 92 Honda Nighthawk 750. Also picking away at a side project 82 Suzuki Gs1100g ratbike.

" />

One of those Nighthawks just sold for 850.00 at the local Habitat for Humanity with 5K miles on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.stereointegrity.com
DireWolf

Registration date : 2015-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Bikes   Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:07 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Bikes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4