HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Too Busy to Smoke!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wintermute

Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Too Busy to Smoke!   Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:04 pm

I decided to take up pipe smoking a couple of years ago as a way to force myself to take some nice, relaxing time for myself, maybe read a book, sip some bourbon, etc. Now I find myself so busy I can't remember the last time I got a chance to pick up a pipe (but I do remember that it was my Randy Wiley packed with some Frog Morton on the Town - Yum!). Between work (I just recently went back to my old job at a consulting firm - a good move), working on the house, running around kids (one daughter in every single sport known to man, and the other a clarinet virtuoso playing things no 9th grader should be able to play), taking care of two PiTA dogs, and helping my wife with other stuff around the house, I barely have time for sleep. My Me time consists of sometimes watching a little bit of TV (I think I watched about 15 minutes of a Giants game last season) and a couple hours of martial arts practice (got back into it after a 6 year hiatus after realizing that I was seriously out of shape) if I'm lucky.

Anyone else find themselves in a no-time-for-anything predicament that they have no right to complain about because it's nothing but good stuff? As a complete non sequitur, should I go with a Kaywoodie POY or a Boswell Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Too Busy to Smoke!   Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:37 pm

Things have been a little tough for me also, my wife and I just bought our house not even a year ago so I have been busy with project after project. Now that winter is right around the corner I will be slowing down a bit on the projects (I hope).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
Young briar fan

Registration date : 2011-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Too Busy to Smoke!   Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:49 pm

Slow down! I know it's easier said than done. Atleast you're working and everyone sounds healthy. Best of luck to you. I'm smoking now, not to rub it in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muddler

Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Too Busy to Smoke!   Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:01 pm

I'm also a consultant, so I know about long, intense days. I try to unwind for a couple hours in the evening & smoke a bowl or two. Works for me. Life is about choices. Mostly, you get to do what you choose. If you're enjoying it right now, that's cool. Things change - pipe time will roll around again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Too Busy to Smoke!   Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:59 pm

Muddler wrote:
Things change - pipe time will roll around again.

I can attest to that,,after years of working overtime, running a taxi service for four kids involved in everything on the face of the earth, and
building a house (I've still got a couple closet doors to hang) it all slowed down pretty much,,,now it's a 9 to 5 job and time for pipe smoking is abundant. Looking at the clock to determine how much tobacco to load in the pipe is a thing of the past. Your time will come,,,

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Too Busy to Smoke!   Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:02 pm

Also a consultant. There's always time, you just have to make it, not find it. That's the key. Cool Even if it doesn't involve a nice smoke, find time to relax--good for the health and longevity side of things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cuervo25_1

Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Too Busy to Smoke!   Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:36 am

I have two jobs, plus a family to do stuff with, plus a ton of work around the house from the flood. Even though we are renters some of the work I got the landlady to let me do and knock of some rent. one because I an very picky about my lawn and such and 2 because it will help us financially. I can get much of the stuff I need for a lower cost than what she can, if not for free. Besides I do not want any Illegals working around my home, there are too many US citizens that need work!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Too Busy to Smoke!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1