HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

SECRET SANTA 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
billmess

Registration date : 2011-11-03

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:23 pm

One can only imagine what kyle is going to come up with for next year. Maybe he should be banned from future exchanges Smile

Bill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:29 pm

This all went down while I was in a bit of a fog. I'd been up all night. Up all night all week long actually, doing work on highway concrete bridge approaches, and I was asleep for a couple of hours when the wife throws open the door and rousts me out of bed wanting to know what the hell this thing is. In my typical unshaken fashion I simply uttered some sleep deprived, undecipherable gibberish and quickly stuffed a pipe with Nut Brown Burley, ignited it and began puffing away with that 'Been married thirty years, thousand mile stare' look on my face. Unfazed, I happily puff away while the missus tears at her garment and dumps ashes over her head. "This is tasty stuff" I tell her, and then I retired back to the doghouse where I'm most comfortable, to finish this pipe and hopefully drift off into blissfull ignorant slumber.

Nite all, thanks santa santa

Milan

Registration date : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:38 pm

Good stuff. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:40 pm

Well done Santa. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:17 pm

Your killing me Puff Daddy lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
Milan

Registration date : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:07 pm

Santa delivered a package to my front door this afternoon! I wasn't bad this year, but I'm not sure if I was this good either? I'm tickled to death with what Santa brought me. I will let the pictures speak for themselves. I don't own a Brigham pipe, nor have I tried any of the blends. Awesome! Thanks Santa!

I also received a great card...

Thanks again Santa! You're the best.

santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer

Merry Christmas Everyone,
Milan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeLeisure

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:00 pm

Nice package Milan, I love that pipe also...she is beautiful, let us know how she smokes.
Back to top Go down
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:05 pm

Milan: I don't know the tobaccos, but I hope you enjoy your Briggs as much as I am mine!

"T"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:21 pm

Nice with the LOTR blends! What will Santa think of next?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
taharris

Registration date : 2011-11-10

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:04 pm

Got my Secret Santa package today!

2 oz. of each Peter Stokkebey Luxury Bullseye Flake (a personal favorite) Peter Stokkebye English Oriental (delicious stuff) and 2 oz. of Gawith Hoggarth Best Brown #2 (never tried it but it looks good), a 1.5 oz. tin of Hearth & Home Capital Steairs and a 1.5 oz. tin of Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake.

This is a wonderful haul.

Thank you. Very Happy

Todd
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.wix.com/taharris/turningsbytodd
PipeLeisure

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:28 pm

taharris wrote:

2 oz. of each Peter Stokkebey Luxury Bullseye Flake (a personal favorite) Peter Stokkebye English Oriental (delicious stuff) and 2 oz. of Gawith Hoggarth Best Brown #2 (never tried it but it looks good), a 1.5 oz. tin of Hearth & Home Capital Steairs and a 1.5 oz. tin of Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake.

Thank you. Very Happy

Todd

Well done Todd, let us know how they smoke.
Back to top Go down
DrT999

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:39 pm

taharris wrote:

Thank you. Very Happy

Todd

Nice! I think none of us can complain to Santa this year!
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:41 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
This all went down while I was in a bit of a fog. I'd been up all night. Up all night all week long actually, doing work on highway concrete bridge approaches, and I was asleep for a couple of hours when the wife throws open the door and rousts me out of bed wanting to know what the hell this thing is. In my typical unshaken fashion I simply uttered some sleep deprived, undecipherable gibberish and quickly stuffed a pipe with Nut Brown Burley, ignited it and began puffing away with that 'Been married thirty years, thousand mile stare' look on my face. Unfazed, I happily puff away while the missus tears at her garment and dumps ashes over her head. "This is tasty stuff" I tell her, and then I retired back to the doghouse where I'm most comfortable, to finish this pipe and hopefully drift off into blissfull ignorant slumber.

Nite all, thanks santa santa

In all seriousness, I hope all of that stuff is acceptable. You can thank your many good friends on here for leading me in the right direction. Cool The fact it already made a hard work shift a little better is awesome! Please apologize to your wife for me. Laughing Enjoy that coffee, I slaved over a hot roaster for hours with that batch! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy In addition to the tea (I'm SO GLAD someone else knows about Yunnan Sourcing!!! I LOVE THAT PLACE!!!), I found the Nut Brown Burley to be so complimentary to the stuff, I just went with a theme. The "Nut" in Nut Brown Burley. Yeah yeah.

Secret, though, no: I had more fun making everyone wonder who got Crazy Santa. Heheheheh It was going to be obvious anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:00 pm

You don't appologize to an old veteran wife, that's like feeding a wild dog. It'll just start following you everywhere, expecting more of the same, and you never know when it will just reach up and bite you.

The coffee is really nice. I'm sitting here watching the Falcons game, sipping a cup and smoking a bowl of NBB in a Peterson Molly Malone bent brandy. Don't have to get up for work until halftime Cool

Yunnan sourcing is great. The shipping times are kinda slow, but the product is excellent. Will be taking some of the little lao cha bits to work tonite Cool

Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:18 pm

Yikes, yeah forget I suggested an apology. We'll just let sleeping wild dogs lie, in that case. Laughing

Those Pu'ehrs are amazing, I got one of each for myself, it's a favorite style. I've been buying from Yunnan Sourcing since they were just on eBay... their new store front is interesting, and shipping is a lot more now, but the product line and quality is still great. Cool Glad you're enjoying it all. Tell you what, that Nut Brown Burley is some mighty good stuff!

cheers I need to go dip into some Froggy soon, speaking of Santa! I need my own meditation time! Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Santa swung by today. He was very generous. A very nice letter enclosed explaining that the Red Virginia Flake in the jar, and a large sample for immediate smoking, was home made. Looks great. I will add a complete list shortly when I get to the ham shack.
Ummm...ignore that Spicy Garlic in the background. Kitchen counter is the only place large enough and clean enough right now for photos.

Thank you Santa! sunny

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:31 pm

Carlos wrote:
Santa swung by today. He was very generous. A very nice letter enclosed explaining that the Red Virginia Flake in the jar, and a large sample for immediate smoking, was home made. Looks great. I will add a complete list shortly when I get to the ham shack.
Ummm...ignore that Spicy Garlic in the background. Kitchen counter is the only place large enough and clean enough right now for photos.

Thank you Santa! sunny

Whoa! That almost equals my entire 'cellar'! Generous indeed!
Back to top Go down
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:33 pm

Wow that is a heck of a haul! Well done santa. Plus homemade Va flake! Amazing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Carlos, you could have been photographing in the OLD kitchen, that would have been interesting. Laughing That new one is amazing. Your tobacco haul is amazing. The spicy garlic is also amazing. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:14 pm

A listing of the box. I was amazed that it has a return address for Santa. My Postal people make us put a real name and address on everything we send in packages. Again, thank you very much Santa!

Two tins each of:

Dunhill 965
Early Morning Pipe
Nightcap
GL Pease Robusto
Key Largo
McClelland Blue Mountain

One tin each of:

Dunhill Flake
London Mixture
Standard mixture Mellow
The Royal Yacht
Standard Mixture
Deluxe Navy Rolls
GL Pease JackKnife Ready Rubbed
Sam Gawith Squadron Leader
Hearth & Home Black
C&D Pirate Kake
C&D Byzantium

Plus a generous amount of a red Virginia flake.

Wow! Was I really that good this year? santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:18 pm

Milan wrote:
Santa delivered a package to my front door this afternoon! I wasn't bad this year, but I'm not sure if I was this good either? I'm tickled to death with what Santa brought me. I will let the pictures speak for themselves. I don't own a Brigham pipe, nor have I tried any of the blends. Awesome! Thanks Santa!

I also received a great card...

Thanks again Santa! You're the best.

santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer

Merry Christmas Everyone,
Milan

Those limited edition blends are highly prized! Great package Santa! santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:23 pm

Ok, by my count we need to hear from four of the Brother's. Three of those are sent that I am aware of. So let us know when Santa arrives. Keep a watch for packages. I have had them get blown off the porch. A neighbor was over tonight with her tale of woe about one of her packages getting sent to Germany by mistake.

santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:14 am

Carlos wrote:
A listing of the box. I was amazed that it has a return address for Santa. My Postal people make us put a real name and address on everything we send in packages. Again, thank you very much Santa!
Mine came from Santa, but with a 'real' address, so I suppose I could match up the Brother. If there wasn't more than one participant from the Chicago area, I could do more than guess, but I won't. I couldn't find anyone who would let me do the same; one company agreed to put their name and return address, but of course the W-S address gave it away in any case. Maybe next year I'll mail it to some friend or relative and have them ship it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
clueless

Registration date : 2009-04-01

PostSubject: Santa Unmasked   Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:14 am

Well I guess Karma really does operate even here. Yesterday I shipped off a box via USPS Priority mail, today I found a similar box on my doorstep. What a Haul! Seven tobaccos to enjoy and only one I am already familiar with and it is a favorite.

The treasures:

1. A double sealed baggy of what looks like a full 16 ozs. of King James Private Stock - English - So fitting for a primarily English smoker
2. A tin of MCClelland Christmas Cheer - Even more appropriate!
3. GL Pease Triple Play
4. GL Pease Jack Knife Plug
5. Peterson Irish Oak
6. Squadron Leader - One I have wanted to try for some time.
7. Dunhill Royal Yacht - an old friend

The sampling will have to wait a spell but it will be difficult to delay the gratification. This darn cold I have keep s me from enjoying the subtleties of the different blends so I am targeting Christmas Eve to start in.

Now for the UNMASKING -For the first time since I have participated in this Secret Santa there was finally a complete return address on the package. I had mixed emotions when I saw it. Part of me would like to know who was so thoughtful but a part of me also likes to continue the mystery of the season. Whether I liked it or not, though, there in clear block print was the true name of the sender. So, now I can formally send my thanks to him.

Thank You - BoB Santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

PostSubject: Re: SECRET SANTA 2011   Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:28 am

V nice (and generous) selection, Clueless!

Obvious if the Santas here are anything to go by, the economy should be in good shape. . . .
Back to top Go down

SECRET SANTA 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next