HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
-R.

Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:15 pm

Wife and I picked up a bottle of Redbreast 12YO for Thanksgiving dinner. Of course, we couldn't wait until the 24th, so we've had a few tastes.

This is our first experience with a pot still whiskey -- I think it might be one of a handful of whiskeys still done in that style -- and we're both smitten. Very rich and full, quite sweet but loaded with spice that balances the flavor wonderfully. And the finish is particularly nice for a pipe smoker, as there's a bit of tobacco, along with berry and dark chocolate in the finish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:18 pm

Another bigass bottle of Ol' No. 7.
It's eggnog season. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:56 pm

A bottle of Cabin Fever which is a Maple Flavored whisky made in New Hampshire. Incredibly smooth mild maple flavor and not a goopy sweet whisky. Highly recommended for a nice woodsy dram.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:23 pm

Old Granddad Bourbon ,,, I'm with Hermit it''s eggnog season,,, drunken

now I need to order some eggnog tobacco

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Josjor

Registration date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:24 pm

Eggnog baccy? Is there such a thing????Shocked Very Happy

Basil Haden small batch bourbon. Can't get enough of the stuff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:07 pm

Working through a bottle of Glenmorangie 10

It's good. Not sure if I'd buy it again... I prefer heavy PEAT flavor in my scotch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wayne_Teipen

Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:54 pm

Woodford Reserve and Gentleman Jack. I bought them at the same time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teipenpipes.com
Doc Manhattan
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:53 pm

Last I bought was Laphroaig Quarter Cask. The lady of the house hates it--"smells like smoked meat"--which is exactly why I like it.

More recently, I got a big bottle of Maker's as "payment" for officiating a wedding... that'll make you feel like a country preacher.

Josjor wrote:
Eggnog baccy? Is there such a thing????Shocked Very Happy
I've tried one--one of pipesandcigars' aro blends. A Brother sent me a generous sample. Very, very sweet blend, but a definite eggnog flavor!

View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
SailorJack

Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:03 pm

Buffalo Trace Bourbon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronKnight

Registration date : 2011-11-06

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:29 am

Got a bottle of Jameson, Forty Creek, and good ole' Bulliet Bourbon. I guess technically I put the Jameson in the cart last....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lowflyingpenguin

Location : The Wilds of Canada (from Iroquois for 'the village')
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:47 pm

Maclelland Islay Single Malt , (yummmm!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:37 am

Lagavulin 16.
Better than I deserve!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
-R.

Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:43 am

IronKnight wrote:
Got a bottle of Jameson, Forty Creek, and good ole' Bulliet Bourbon. I guess technically I put the Jameson in the cart last....

How's the Forty Creek? I noticed that one on the shelf the other day and almost picked it up, but went for a bottle of Bushmills instead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronKnight

Registration date : 2011-11-06

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:15 pm

Forty Creek to me is what Crown Royal wishes it could be. I prefer it over Crown any day. Similar mouth feel, however not quite as sweet to me as Crown. At $20 a fifth it's worth a try my friend. Trust me, you'll finish the bottle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
itsKot

Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:43 am

Snagged a holiday gift set of Glenmorangie 10yr Friday for 31 smackers, the exact cost of a bottle alone around here. Came with two nice sniffers, not the typical shoddy things you get in sets like this. Really good stuff, I see why it's rated so highly!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:33 am

Eagle Rare, 10 y/o. Easily the most refined yet tasty bourbon I've drank. I never thought it could get any better than JD, but then I'm a whiskey noob.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:28 pm

Workin my way through a bottle of Elijah Craig 12 year, by way of reccomendation from another BoB in a different thread. Dem fine stuff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:37 pm

Dewar's 12 year old.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
roogles

Registration date : 2011-12-13

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:55 pm

Glenfiddich 12 year.

I'm still not sure how I feel about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://blog.roogles.com
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:28 am

Merry X-mas to me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:26 pm

Got this as a Christmas gift from my co-workers. The "expert" opinions rate it about 3 out of 5 stars. Drinking it neat was not my cup of tea. I have enjoyed a couple already with two ice cubes. Not bad in my book.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:31 pm

This stuff floats my gizzard. Gift from girlfriend, a Kaintuckian. Didn't know bourbon could be so good.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
thedeep

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:46 pm

A small tradition, each Christmas I buy a bottle of a "higher" grade of spirits and take it up to the shop (my motorcycle shop friends). We pour a shot for everyone and salute the season. Sometimes we even have an extra shot, in case we missed someone. This year I bought a bottle of George Dickel "Barrel Select." This is VERY good stuff. It beats all of those Beam small batches all to heck...maybe even farther than heck. Mid $30's in price, about the same as the Beam crowd, but much better. I always liked Dickels, this one is just better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cigarsarge

Registration date : 2010-05-23

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:49 pm

Jim Beam Devil's Cut...Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:00 pm

Just opened a bottle of Jameson (12 year old).

Not a huge fan of peat, so I tend to go with the Irish brands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next