HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
oldmansmokingpipe

Registration date : 2016-05-25

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:44 am

only 2 single malts i drink are 12 yr. Glenfiddich and 12 yr Bunnahabhain
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bemused

Registration date : 2015-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:05 pm

My best friend bought me a bottle of High West Rendezvous Rye as a going away present (he's moving to Utah). I've had it before, I remember enjoying it much.

Regarding previous post, just finishing off a bottle of Glenfiddich 12yr (also a gift). It gets a bad rap but I thought it was pretty good. Not overly complex or anything but a solid, smooth, always drinkable whisky. I have an unopened bottle of Bunnahabhain 12yr on the shelf that I'm excited to try. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bemused

Registration date : 2015-06-08

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:43 pm

Picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare bourbon. Never had it but have heard good things.

The High West Rendezvous Rye I mentioned previously is outstanding if any of you are Rye fans. Really fine stuff IMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:33 pm

Mitchner's US 1 Bourbon is the last bottle to go with Buffalo Trace, Contradiction and Old Weller 107. Switch to bourbon in 2008 when the economy tanked and figure buy American. Still drink Scotch when others buy :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://geoffcorey.github.io
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:16 pm

Benromach Traditional. Pretty good, a peated Speyside.

old_salt

Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:44 am

Newest up for me, Bowmore 10 yo. Dorus Mor

comes across a bit sharp. could have used 2 or 3 more years
in the cask. but adding about 1/2 teaspoon of H2o & letting it
sit a few min. opens it up. an interesting change of pace,
will probably add one or two to the shelf for the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:50 pm

Being a common sewer of any good libation my last purchase was 2 bottles of Old Weller bourbon and a bottle of Balvenie Carribean Cask malt. I just can't believe the price increases that I've seen in the past year or two on Single Malts. So I've found a couple much lesser expensive malts to enjoy and of course turning to good American distilled bourbon/whisky is my way of shopping now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:51 pm

Being a common sewer of any good libation my last purchase was 2 bottles of Old Weller bourbon and a bottle of Balvenie Carribean Cask malt. I just can't believe the price increases that I've seen in the past year or two on Single Malts. So I've found a couple much lesser expensive malts to enjoy and of course turning to good American distilled bourbon/whisky is my way of shopping now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
old_salt

Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?   Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:16 am

picked up a pair of Glencadam's, the 15 & 21

Both are very good, the 21 is the better of the 2. But Not that much better
to warrant the price tag. will only be replacing the 15 as required.

there's a 10 yo. that is getting good reviews, may try one at the lower
price point
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What's The Last Whisky/Whiskey You Bought?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6