HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Due to popular demand

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:30 pm

beware of the man with only one gun,,,he probably knows how to use it.

I'm fascinated by the 18 round clips being emptied with minimal damage to the target during a firefight. Adrenalin is the key,,the human factor is far more important than caliber or fire power. Shoot what you like, but hit what you shoot. I've heard tell of some kid with a sling whacking some big sumbitch called Goliath back a few years ago.

now back to our program, Zombies,,,,or,,,,uh,,,,Guns and Ammo

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boxerbuddy

Registration date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:35 pm

Back in my late twenties I carried a scandium framed .357 with an inch and a half barrel. It was great to carry...lol not so much to shoot. It was so light and had such a short barrel that every time you shot it it wanted to fly out of your hand...you had to hold onto it with a death grip to take succesive shots with it.

These days when I carry it's a Glock 27. Such a comfortable little gun to tote...and .40 has plenty of stopping power for a carry piece.

Back to the zombie ammo....is there anything special about this stuff...is it real or a joke? Is it just regular soft point or hollow point?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:35 pm

Between the nature of the video and the commentator's voice, which is what I would term a unique pairing, it had me laughing so hard that (I won't describe the excretions). Top-notch posting! More! We want more!

Also the gun commentary has helped me feel more confident of my .357. I actually carried it to the front door the other night when odd sounds could have been: a. an intruder (yeah, right, but it felt good to be a badass) and b. zombies on a nightly prowl.
Oh well, nothing there, just this 1930s house settling. I have what I think are hollow-core rounds; if not they were what was sold to me when I asked for the most damaging shells available. They may not be certified zombie-shot, but I think they'll suffice to reduce zombie-rotting brains to semi-solid jelly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:44 pm

This is why I pretend I'm a deaf-mute at gun shows. These conversations right here. Laughing It's like listening to kids argue over Harry Potter. I mean, have at it.

One guy I knew was shot in the leg and got his house robbed in a home invasion. Had every conceivable firearm available, and in strategic places, all over the house, talked about how ready he was. Whoops.

Can't remember where it was I read it, Indiana online newspaper or something, but some other guy beat the shit out of a robber with a fireplace stoker and protected his home. Yay.

Too many variables. I swear, I say that far too often. Laughing

PS--Honey badger DON'T give a shit! Look at that sleeping fuck! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boxerbuddy

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:50 pm

mark wrote:
beware of the man with only one gun,,,he probably knows how to use it.

I'm fascinated by the 18 round clips being emptied with minimal damage to the target during a firefight. Adrenalin is the key,,the human factor is far more important than caliber or fire power. Shoot what you like, but hit what you shoot. I've heard tell of some kid with a sling whacking some big sumbitch called Goliath back a few years ago.

now back to our program, Zombies,,,,or,,,,uh,,,,Guns and Ammo

You know I really agree with this...I used to own a veritable armory. Some of the guns I owned I never even shot. One day I looked at it all and I said to myself "why the hell do I have all these guns...I should just keep certain ones that I really like and be proficient with them" So thats what I did...I sold off a whole bunch of guns and kept some essential (to me) guns.

For handguns I kept my Glock 21 and 27 (love Glocks so fuckin dependable...never had a misfire with either). For long guns I kept my Bushy M4 (shtf gun) and my Tikka .308 with Nikon 3-9 scope(hunting). And for shotguns all I kept was my Remington 870 with a smooth bore and a rifled sabot barrel (at least as dependable as the Glocks). I'm pretty proficient and confident with all these guns...and I think I'm done buying for the time being. Lol the problem is that GAD can be just as bad as PAD....but I think I have the willpower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:34 pm

Boxerbuddy wrote:
Back in my late twenties I carried a scandium framed .357 with an inch and a half barrel. It was great to carry...lol not so much to shoot. It was so light and had such a short barrel that every time you shot it it wanted to fly out of your hand...you had to hold onto it with a death grip to take succesive shots with it.

I know of what you speak. My scandium has a three inch barrel,,,14 ounces loaded,,,forget you have it on,,,but I'm a pretty hefty guy and practice a fair bit.

I guess a 12 gauge with #4 shot to take the head off the zombie would be best,,,I mean if he can't see where he's going ???

The Hornady ad for zombie ammo is real,,,

http://www.hornady.com/in-the-news/latest-news/zombie-max-ammunition

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:39 pm

puros_bran wrote:
LOL... now your going to argue the 44 mag is more controlable? ohhh jeeesh.

All I'm saying is that history says the .357 is the better defensive gun (against humans, no actual data vs zombies) If you want to carry a .44 mag more power to you, I am not trying to disuade you by any means.. but lets not make it out to be something it's not.

I will add this, kinda backs up my actual point...
My 'daily' carry for almost 30 years has been a j-frame sized .38 special. The 'best' statistical stopper? Nope
The most powerful at anything? Nope Underpowered? Some say yes, but it'll get the job done.... Why do I carry one? Because I will actually carry one. and I actually enjoy shooting one, and although I'm not 'Billy the kid' I'm pretty handy with one.
I've had literally thousands of weapons. I used to trade them at a weekly if not daily or hourly pace. I've always owned a j-frame sized .38 because I know me and I know them. Sometimes they have lost favor to 'new,shiney,ohhh awww' but old reliable more often than not is in a pocket.

IF I am actually expecting trouble, like say for instance the dogs going nuts and I have to go see why, I take a long gun. It will beat a handgun hands down. Yes I love my Handguns, but when the feces hits the oscilator I WANT a longgun. BUT, I would feel kinda out of place carrying an M1A or the ole Mossberg 500 into Krogers so the .38 wins.

I never said which man was dead and what firearm he had. Your assuming the man with the 357 is dead. I said it didn't matter who had what. Who's arguing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boxerbuddy

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:45 pm

Wait a minute Cartiphilus....why do you even have guns? Aren't you doomed to walk the earth until Christ returns? Nobody can kill you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:46 pm

http://www.tromix.com/saiga.htm

I have one of these. It isn't as modified as Tony's designs, but with two 10-round mags and a skeleton stock, my shotgun needs have been met. It's amazing. Ridiculous and not allowed at the trap club, but amazing. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:49 pm

Boxerbuddy wrote:
Wait a minute Cartiphilus....why do you even have guns? Aren't you doomed to walk the earth until Christ returns? Nobody can kill you!

To protect my loved ones.

And as far as my name goes. We all use to joke with each other saying "Your going to die and got to Hell for that!" And I'd always say, "No God hates me, he's gona make me live". Just joking around, probably in bad taste but, God knows who I am.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boxerbuddy

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:10 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:

I have one of these. It isn't as modified as Tony's designs, but with two 10-round mags and a skeleton stock, my shotgun needs have been met. It's amazing. Ridiculous and not allowed at the trap club, but amazing. Laughing

Yeah Kyle I had one of those too...except here in MA I couldn't get the 10 rd magazines....only had the 5. But yes it is a ridiculous awesome gun....but it was one of the ones I sold. I decided to go with the very versatile and stupidly dependable 870 pump. Mine didn't have a skeleton stock though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:35 pm

Boxerbuddy wrote:
Kyle Weiss wrote:

Yeah Kyle I had one of those too...except here in MA I couldn't get the 10 rd magazines....only had the 5. But yes it is a ridiculous awesome gun....but it was one of the ones I sold. I decided to go with the very versatile and stupidly dependable 870 pump. Mine didn't have a skeleton stock though.

Mossy 500, Remmy 870, *shrug* Great shotties. Hell, my better half has a Norinco "Ithica" type design pump, and it works ace. Just have a shotgun, I think that's all that matters.

Too bad you sold your Saiga! I don't know what I'd do without mine. It would literally be the last gun I sold if I had to. I love it that much. I want to re-group the trigger forward and get wooden AK-type furniture for it one day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:41 pm

I'm not sure if Zombie hunting is a sport..
and the last time I moved a thread a guy quit..lol
But doesn't this one really belong in the Sporting section?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:57 pm

puros_bran wrote:
I'm not sure if Zombie hunting is a sport..
and the last time I moved a thread a guy quit..lol
But doesn't this one really belong in the Sporting section?

Laughing Someone left because you moved a thread? Weird. scratch

Zombie hunting isn't necessarily a sport, but it also could be in the "Arts & Entertainment" section.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:28 am

I have a history of running people off.
Some intentionally most not.

Alot of guys for whatever reason come in and think they can Alpha Dog me into behaving how they think I should, or that they will rework OUR board to suit them by demanding what we can and can't talk about and how we can talk, etc etc etc. It doesn't work in real world it doesn't work on the Internet either. (yes I'm the guy that walks up and knocks the chip off, character deficiency or some such. )

Had a guy that took major offense at me moving his fishing thread. He demanded I do this and that and the other thing or whatever and I basically told him to piss off, so he left. Lol

Any hoot. FWIW: if you don't know me don't assume I'm being an ass.
Ole George always said something about assume the best intentions until proven otherwise or some such. If I'm pissed or grudging you'll know it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:57 am

Man tantrums, eh? Laughing Kind of funny, actually, to think about you having to deal with them.

Well, the forum's pretty darned tidy. Trash is taken out, shelves aren't dusty, trolls moved on to live under another bridge...huh. No wonder I like it here.

I hope you continue to do what you do, as you see fit, for a long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:27 am

Anyway, back onto Zombies...

Some you shoot in the head, others a good shot or two anywhere seems to work.. Which is it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:52 am

puros_bran wrote:
I'm not sure if Zombie hunting is a sport.. But doesn't this one really belong in the Sporting section?

Well I was split between the two when I posted it,,,but discussing zombies is such a serious mainstream subject I figured the roundtable would alert more members to the lengths a large manufacturer like Hornady is going to address the problem.

puros_bran wrote:
if you don't know me don't assume I'm being an ass.

Butthead,,, lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:53 am

LOL!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:54 am

puros_bran wrote:
Anyway, back onto Zombies...

Some you shoot in the head, others a good shot or two anywhere seems to work.. Which is it?

The first one I ever ran into I divorced,,, Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:54 pm

The movie-making crowd definitely set the trend by looking up to George Romero's "Night of the Living Dead." They said in some zomboid feature that they took the measure of how fast a zombie could run from that movie, by that cute male zombie trying to eat the blond in the cemetery in the opening.

His movies have also been emphatically clear that only headshots, in one form or the other, could bring down a zombie.

I just know what I've been told, so should a flesh-eater be in pursuit of me, I'm going to shoot the creepy thing in the head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
plumbernater

Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:23 pm

This is zobie hardware, 7 in the mag, 8 with one in the tube
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:42 pm

So that's a one-hand shot? I take it it has all the force of a shot but less accuracy as it has a shorter barrel?

On another note, although some parts of zombie flicks clearly show groups of guys shooting zombies from sport, most of the time they depict kill or be-killed situations. Yes this thread could be put in Sports, but I'd say that zombie killing isn't really in the same league as bird-shooting or football.

Way too much gore, and deaths by devourers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
plumbernater

Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:44 pm

This is for zombie practice
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

PostSubject: Re: Due to popular demand   Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:56 pm

What is it?