HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Not too sure about my pipe smoking future...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dougc905

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Not too sure about my pipe smoking future...   Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:10 pm

Simple Man wrote:
The one thing I do know is that even though I don't inhale I can feel the effect of smoking in my respiratory system when I've been pipe smoking for several days in a row. If I abstain for a few days or week the (discomfort) I feel goes away completely. I really can't explain the feeling, maybe some others have felt it. It feels like it is in my lungs and like a tightness in my chest, like I just can't get a good breath or something.

That pretty well answers it, doesn't it?
Doug
Back to top Go down
View user profile
plumbernater

Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Not too sure about my pipe smoking future...   Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:48 pm

The doc is right. A good valve job. some good gas, new tires. Wait Im talking about a chevy. Well if it works for a car to get another 100,000 miles, you might want to listen to the doc and you might have another 100,000 miles in you, I havent been here all that long but you pick up on the good ones, and I enjoy your posts, You take care of your self, and you will find enjoyment. You sir are in my prayers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Not too sure about my pipe smoking future...   Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:22 pm

Last edited by Simple Man on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Not too sure about my pipe smoking future...   Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:59 am

Simple Man wrote:
look at how nice they are, hold them in my teeth and think about what tobacco I will smoke in them "some day"

That's exactly what I like to do, as I've never smoked more than a few times a week. The rest of the time is spent thinking about pipes, tobacco and smoking. It stills relaxes me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Churchwarden

Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Not too sure about my pipe smoking future...   Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:47 am

Pipes and tobacco can be enjoyed, even when not smoking. If you don't inhale there's not an addiction, unless you have an addictive personality. I've gone through periods where I've smoked a few times a year or smoked once a day. Do what's best for your health, but tempered with common sense. When I told my doctor that I almost never ate beef anymore, he said "Even I have a steak once in a while, you have to!" I had a doctor tell me that smoking a pipe or cigar on special occasions isn't a health risk. Sounds like you're doing the right thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Not too sure about my pipe smoking future...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2