HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

MOABBs! aka The Mother of All Burley Bombs!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Behike54

Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: MOABBs! aka The Mother of All Burley Bombs!   Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:13 pm

Blackhorse extended himself WAY above and beyond the call of duty!

Sometimes you are the windshield and other times you are the bug. I have to be honest, today I was the bug. Got squashed and crushed in ways I haven't been in a long time. I was so drained and just beat down.

I drag myself to PO Box and there is a little box. I can't for the life remember who sent what, was going to, or whatever; but the smell was unmistakable. I open her up and 12 as in 10,11, 12 baggies filled with the most diverse and delicious smell of burley blends one could think of. Blackhorse, much heartfelt thanks. Your taste is impeccable, your timing is beyond precise, and your generosity is welcomed and much appreciated. I welcome the time when I can reciprocate.

I am not sure what else to say. I am still swooning from olfactory overload and the feeling of gratitude to be a part of this great fellowship.

I can hardly wait to share a pipe with some BoB in real life!

Finally, having just moved out of state and being on my own *cue violins* has been tough, especially the last two weeks. Don't get me wrong, I make friends easily and the people at the local B&M have welcomed me with open arms. But is not the same as your friends, family, and other acquaintances. The spirit of this place really does help me put one foot in front of the other!

Thanks,

Jack
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: MOABBs! aka The Mother of All Burley Bombs!   Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:17 pm

LOL!!!!

Go BlackHorse!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: MOABBs! aka The Mother of All Burley Bombs!   Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:25 pm

well 12 samples should keep you busy for a while,,,kudos Blackhorse

are you keeping a logbook with your blend impressions,,,makes for great reading down the road,, Very Happy

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Behike54

PostSubject: Re: MOABBs! aka The Mother of All Burley Bombs!   Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:31 pm

mark wrote:

are you keeping a logbook with your blend impressions,,,makes for great reading down the road,, Very Happy

Just went over EVERY blend on TR and am PSYCHED! That is a YES, btw.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: MOABBs! aka The Mother of All Burley Bombs!   Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:14 pm

Yup. That's our BH!

cyclops

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: MOABBs! aka The Mother of All Burley Bombs!   Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:50 am

Well done, Blackhorse! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: MOABBs! aka The Mother of All Burley Bombs!   Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:03 pm

Hey...this is about ME! (one of my favorite subjects) (one of the few I know anythiing about) lol

I think the last time I looked in this section of the site as about a year ago. I even missed the Christmas pass because of my neglect. Anyway, I just stumbled on this post and all I can say is, it may have more fun for me to put together that for you to receive...maybe not.

I'm not sure whether it's better being the bombardier...or the munitions factory. The setup, run in and precision required up in the air is exciting and the anticipation is exhilarating...but the show when the factory is hit just right can be pretty incindiary! Looks like I scored a direct hit this time. Mission accomplished.

Well deserved...on your end. Glad it made your day in a time of need. Makes it all the better.

First BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: MOABBs! aka The Mother of All Burley Bombs!   Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:22 pm

ummm Blackhorse..

top right corner or the home screen, right under the 'log out' is a button that says "view post since last visit"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: MOABBs! aka The Mother of All Burley Bombs!   Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:38 pm

The knife? It says the blade is 'stainless steel'. Even though expensive, I kind of distrust any site that doesn't tell you what the steel actually is...440C? S30V? AUS8? For a knife like that if it HAD to be stainless, I'd want S30V or better. For that money it should be ZDP189 or BG42. If it was really going to be a tactical knife and in a place that was fairly dry, I'd prefer A2 Cryo over almost anything...toughest stuff out there...but rusty. And I wouldn't want an auto.

I'm working on a blade now...just need to treat and temper the edge and then assemble the handle I have ready for it...a forge welded combo of damascus edge and Siderite spine...rather special. Now THERE'S your 'Art Knife'.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Behike54

PostSubject: Re: MOABBs! aka The Mother of All Burley Bombs!   Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
The knife? It says the blade is 'stainless steel'. Even though expensive, I kind of distrust any site that doesn't tell you what the steel actually is...440C? S30V? AUS8? For a knife like that if it HAD to be stainless, I'd want S30V or better. For that money it should be ZDP189 or BG42. If it was really going to be a tactical knife and in a place that was fairly dry, I'd prefer A2 Cryo over almost anything...toughest stuff out there...but rusty. And I wouldn't want an auto.

I'm working on a blade now...just need to treat and temper the edge and then assemble the handle I have ready for it...a forge welded combo of damascus edge and Siderite spine...rather special. Now THERE'S your 'Art Knife'.

BH, you are either the undisputed heavyweight champs of non sequitur or I missed something.

That said, I love a Damascus edge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: MOABBs! aka The Mother of All Burley Bombs!   Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:18 pm

Heh, heh. I just took PB's directive slightly off kilter. I thought he was referring to a specific post (which had to do with a link to a knife site with an ad for a $1200 auto, that didn't tell what steel it was made from). But I guess he was letting me know that I could use the 'since last visit' post list to find out what had gone down since whenever - pretaining to my comment that I hadn't seen the post here about the Burley Bomb thing. I usually don't have the slightest idea what he's yapping about...hard for me to keep up with such a sharp character.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Behike54

PostSubject: Re: MOABBs! aka The Mother of All Burley Bombs!   Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:40 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
I usually don't have the slightest idea what he's yapping about...hard for me to keep up with such a sharp character.

We talking about the same guy? lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: MOABBs! aka The Mother of All Burley Bombs!   Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:37 am

He's got the POWAH!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Behike54

PostSubject: Re: MOABBs! aka The Mother of All Burley Bombs!   Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:42 am

Blackhorse wrote:
He's got the POWAH!

*in my best PB voice* "He's still fixin to get hurt!" cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

MOABBs! aka The Mother of All Burley Bombs!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1