HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What do you collect besides pipes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MartinH

Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:01 pm

I'm starting a collection of booze that I never have a chance to drink. But it's okay, my dad comes over and drinks it for me! LOL lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pipereviews.org
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:00 am

I use to collect baseball caps (non-baseball team related) from where ever in the world I traveled. British Enfield rifles from WWI and WWII (I have one of the last No.4 Mk II's produced, unfired that was made in the fifties for Ireland). At one time my collection was up to twenty rifles and one Enfield pistol. I'm down to about eight now. Now my gun collection is leaning towards cowboy action shooting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:44 pm

Rocks/gems/minerals, caps, T-shirts, books, mini-bottles, beer glasses/mugs, shot glasses, coffee mugs, trinkets, knives, coins and coin magic equip., CDs from known entertainers, different material pipes, and a few others I can't think of now.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:21 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeLeisure

Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:18 pm

Buckshot wrote:
Bills...mostly hand-me-downs from my wife. affraid

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
plumbernater

Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:58 pm

Grey hair. Because of my collection of girls [a house full of them] and junk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megaluddite

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:59 am

I collect telegraphy instruments. I've got a nice (albeit small) collection of Morse code keys, speed keys, and the occasional land line telegraphy souder. I've been a Ham Radio operator for many years. I was very disappointed when they took Morse out of the licensing for being a Ham. But as a code operator I will proudly be tapping my keys long after they have relegated us to the status of Civil War reinactors (no offense intended to reinactors.)

Bill, KD4AL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:17 am

Instead of starting a new tread, I searched and found this one and thought I'd revive it. I don't really amass anything anymore, 1200 sq ft makes you be a little more selective. I do however have a few things that I really enjoy and will add to when I come across something unusual. They are Steinbach Nutcrackers, (which I like because I only set them out during Christmas season so they don't take up a huge amount of room all year long. When Christmas is over I store them in a couple of sea chests in the closet.) Allis Chalmers toy tractors, (my Dad worked for AC until they left the US. I only have a few AC tractors.) and teapots. My teapots are useful and unusual, I have a couple of Yixing clay pots, a Hound of the Baskervilles teapot by Sadler, a Brown Betty made in England, and a really neat Majolica Frog teapot from my wife along with a few others.

And my latest collection has become canes. I have a nice blackthorn cane from Ireland and a really neat carved raven cane from a friend. Funny how necessity can make someone a collector. Laughing

So there HAS to be other collectors among the lot of you. Please share, you never know, I might get you in the Secret Santa thing and need ideas. Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:47 am

Milk glass, the white glass, but has to be rare pieces from the turn of the century.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:40 pm

Briar dust. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:47 pm

UberHuberMan wrote:
Briar dust. Laughing

I imagine you create quite a bit of that. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beetlejazz

Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:44 pm

Vintage umbrellas. So far my favourites must be some from 50's; they don't make umbrellas like that anymore. Durable, light, elegant. My oldest ones are pre-WW2. I've been collecting them since I was a teenager, but the collection hasn't grown to be that big, as I use them and am very absent-minded... Laughing

(By the way, back in the day when I was a suspect in an arson case, I was described in a local magazine to have been "armed with an umbrella". Laughing Been wondering ever since if I should put that in my CV...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thistleoak

Registration date : 2012-08-14

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:21 pm

Dust
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:51 pm

beetlejazz wrote:
By the way, back in the day when I was a suspect in an arson case, I was described in a local magazine to have been "armed with an umbrella". Laughing Been wondering ever since if I should put that in my CV...

I knew it! You must have been the real KGB agent that assassinated Georgi Markov!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/poison-umbrella-murder-case-is-reopened-851022.html

As far as collecting goes, PAD is by far the most dominant force, but I also have a fondness for cufflinks and am starting to fancy antique pocket watches, though I don't know much about them yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:57 pm

Ocelot55 wrote:
beetlejazz wrote:
By the way, back in the day when I was a suspect in an arson case, I was described in a local magazine to have been "armed with an umbrella". Laughing Been wondering ever since if I should put that in my CV...

I knew it! You must have been the real KGB agent that assassinated Georgi Markov!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/poison-umbrella-murder-case-is-reopened-851022.html

As far as collecting goes, PAD is by far the most dominant force, but I also have a fondness for cufflinks and am starting to fancy antique pocket watches, though I don't know much about them yet.

1978... I think this is where your theory falls apart. Laughing

Cufflinks rock! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beetlejazz

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:58 pm

Ocelot55 wrote:
beetlejazz wrote:

Hey, we haven't even talked about politics yet, and you're already calling me KGB? That's cold, brother!

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:06 pm

Simple Man wrote:

Time traveling, KGB, umbrella collecting, pipe smoking, merchant of death woman.

Yes, it all make perfect sense. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
Simple Man

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:16 pm

Ocelot55 wrote:
Simple Man wrote:

Time traveling, KGB, umbrella collecting, pipe smoking, merchant of death woman.

Yes, it all make perfect sense. Laughing

Ah YES! Now I get it! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:09 pm

I collect art and books. My wife and I live pretty simply, so I buy almost all of my books second hand, and the art we get is from friends that are artists that will trade for my paintings or my wife's sculptures or photos

rev
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revspipes.com
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:47 pm

Besides pipes? Tins full of tobacco. Very Happy

Actually I used to collect vintage drums and cymbals, but no longer. It was fun because I actually used every instrument in my collection at one time or another. I have since parted way with most of all my collection with exception of 3 specific snare drums, and some Gretsch, Yamaha and Slingerland drums that I still gig and practice with regularly. Most of the all the cymbals I have now are modern Turkish made models.

At its height, my collection was rather accidental. Kind of the thing that happens when you've been doing something for close to 30 years. One day it dawned on me that I had way too much stuff that wasn't being used enough, so out they went.

It actually felt really good clearing the band room out of unused gear. Helped cover the cost of some pipes and baccy too. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:20 pm

beetlejazz wrote:
?.. back in the day when I was a suspect in an arson case

There's a story I think we'd like to hear.

Uh, I was lighting my pipe and accidentally dropped my match. Sorry pale Laughing

beetlejazz

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:59 pm

Ocelot55 wrote:

Oh you sweet-talker you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:08 pm

Houses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
bosun1

Registration date : 2012-10-23

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:34 pm

Stamps as a boy. Then fishing tackle and guns. Records. Pipes (take that as using the word "lot" in ebay searches). Now its just aches and pains!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: What do you collect besides pipes?   Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:36 pm

I have guns, guitars, pipes, pipe tobacco and snuff. I really don't consider myself a collector of any of them. Tattoos maybe...that is the one thing I've paid for that I will always have. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What do you collect besides pipes?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next