HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:14 pm

UberHuberMan wrote:
C'mon now. The man finally got a job. He doesn't need to lose it faster than he got it. Razz

Aw, Kyle knows i'm just messin with him. I'm the LAST one on here he would take seriously...

On a serious note - if you'd like to write 'BoB Bomber' somewhere, include a note inside the package with that or a similar message.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:30 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
UberHuberMan wrote:
C'mon now. The man finally got a job. He doesn't need to lose it faster than he got it. Razz

Aw, Kyle knows i'm just messin with him. I'm the LAST one on here he would take seriously...

On a serious note - if you'd like to write 'BoB Bomber' somewhere, include a note inside the package with that or a similar message.

That's a great idea! I may or may not do that. Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:57 pm

I'm so glad I'm quitting. I hate you guys. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jefe1037

Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:04 pm

so what everyone is saying is that I should or shouldnt send this all together:

a collection of Iranian literature, a DIY alarm clock kit, a pouch of baking soda, and a block of modelling clay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:30 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
I'm so glad I'm quitting. I hate you guys. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cool

Twisted Evil EPIC RAGE QUIT!!! Twisted Evil

You're too fun, Kyle. Razz

jefe1037 wrote:
so what everyone is saying is that I should or shouldnt send this all together:

a collection of Iranian literature, a DIY alarm clock kit, a pouch of baking soda, and a block of modelling clay

That sounds like a kind and considerate gift to me. Why would anyone discourage you from sending such a fine set of gifts? Razz
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:01 am

You forgot to add some fertilizer to the package with all the other terrorist stuff!

Oh yes...THE GAME IS AFOOT!

A PM alerting you to the target has been sent. If you didn't get an email alerting you that you have received this PM, let me know ASAP.

Questions...PM me.

OH...and BTW: Please, actually READ the PM I sent you before PM'ing me with questions.

Please do not post anything here that would even give the smallest clue as to who the main target is.

Remember that there is a 'second man' target...that the target will be sending to...so any of you could be that person.

Gentlemen...good luck, and good bombing!

First BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:44 am

Blackhorse wrote:

Remember that there is a 'second man' target...that the target will be sending to...so any of you could be that person.

So that's your way of saying this is serious business and we all won't make it back safely? One of our number has to take one for the squadron; so brave and noble. Oh wait, we're bombing one of our brothers as well. How delightfully dysfunctional.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cuervo25_1

Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:29 am

This comes to mind when blackhorse says we may not make it back......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3AEetq9o8s
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Oh God...I loved that movie!   Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:59 am

Yeah...I loved that movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEwDmc3FI_Q

Up...up...and AWAY!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCA_Oju0yZQ&feature=endscreen&NR=1

If anyone else finds short clips of US bombers dumping their loads or related stuff...go ahead and post them at this point.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:11 pm

Lesath wrote:
We have a place like that. It's called Booger County.

Is that in Arkansas? I think I've actually been there. Wait, no. I made it back, so I must be thinking of someplace else. Booger Holler, maybe?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:58 pm

Blackhorse wrote:

Brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:06 pm

Right? It's like a consolation prize or something!

You know (and I'm not saying it will work this way) but if we kept the distribution within the group of 30 bombers there would be an ubber high liklihood of almost everyone getting 'something' within the first year...100% within 15 months.

But my personal conception is that of going both inside and outrside of the group for targets, as they become more or less obvious, etc.

But that's all in the future...the issue now is my getting my item finished (epoxy needs to cure, polyurathane needs to be applied, tassel needs to get screwed on...the basics) so I can get it out on time.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:10 pm

Blackhorse wrote:

You know (and I'm not saying it will work this way) but if we kept the distribution within the group of 30 bombers there would be an ubber high liklihood of almost everyone getting 'something' within the first year...100% within 15 months.

But my personal conception is that of going both inside and outrside of the group for targets, as they become more or less obvious, etc.

But that's all in the future...the issue now is my getting my item finished (epoxy needs to cure, polyurathane needs to be applied, tassel needs to get screwed on...the basics) so I can get it out on time.

You could always split up your squadron, Captain, I mean, not to get out of line, but two or even three targets would not only be efficient but be quite a bit of fun and there'd be less risk of compromising the original mission. Sir.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cuervo25_1

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Blackhorse wrote:

You could always split up your squadron, Captain, I mean, not to get out of line, but two or even three targets would not only be efficient but be quite a bit of fun and there'd be less risk of compromising the original mission. Sir.

Cool

I just thought of this while at the canteen as well,I was thinking the intended targets in both squadrons could send to each other, so the intended targets still get bombed completely. Captain maybe you should send me to the M.A.S.H unit for eval since I am thinking like Private Weiss Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:53 pm

MAD: Mutual Assured Destruction Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:56 pm

Cuervo25_1 wrote:
Captain maybe you should send me to the M.A.S.H unit for eval since I am thinking like Private Weiss Laughing

Don't you know the origin of the phrase "Catch 22"? If you think you're crazy, you must not be, since all crazy people think they're perfectly sane. Now get back in that plane and prepare for take-off! jocolor

(Yes, Catch 22 was actually about bomber pilots!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:26 pm

George Kaplan wrote:
Lesath wrote:

Is that in Arkansas? I think I've actually been there. Wait, no. I made it back, so I must be thinking of someplace else. Booger Holler, maybe?

Actually, its true name is Douglas County, with the county seat of Ava. I'd much rather take my chances there as opposed to K.C. or St. Louis. Somehow Douglas Co. seems to get a lot of notoriety for a great deal of unsolved mysteries that may or may not be revealed in the fullness of time. For example, back in the early 90s, three women were removed from a house in Greene County. Naturally, their remains have yet to be discovered so one of the theories floated is they are buried in Booger County.

As for splitting the squadron, I'm more for safety in numbers for our first mission. I think we should make a good showing and lay waste on our assault. We can evaluate the results post bombing and if need be, change the tactics on our next mission. This time, let's see just what we can do in a concentrated effort. Simply my opinion, ultimately I follow the bidding of our Supreme Leader, Air Marshall Blackhorse.

Last edited by Lesath on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspelling)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cuervo25_1

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:44 pm

Lesath wrote:
George Kaplan wrote:
Lesath wrote:

Actually, its true name is Douglas County, with the county seat of Ava. I'd much rather take my chances there as opposed to K.C. or St. Louis. Somehow Douglas Co. seems to get a lot of notoriety for a great deal of unsolved mysteries that may or may not be revealed in the fullness of time. For example, back in the early 90s, three women were removed from a house in Greene County. Naturally, their remains have yet to be discovered so one of the theories floated is they are buried in Booger County.

Well seeing that I am a Douglas and I know how we can be none of this is a surprise. You don't mess with a Douglas in any way, shape, or form. trust me I know, I messed with Dad a couple times and on certain occasions I can still feel the burn in the seat of my pants. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:51 pm

.[/quote]

Well seeing that I am a Douglas and I know how we can be none of this is a surprise. You don't mess with a Douglas in any way, shape, or form. trust me I know, I messed with Dad a couple times and on certain occasions I can still feel the burn in the seat of my pants. LOL[/quote]

Uh, burn? affraid They don't call it"Booger" County for nothing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cuervo25_1

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:11 pm

Lesath wrote:

Well seeing that I am a Douglas and I know how we can be none of this is a surprise. You don't mess with a Douglas in any way, shape, or form. trust me I know, I messed with Dad a couple times and on certain occasions I can still feel the burn in the seat of my pants. LOL[/quote]

Uh, burn? affraid They don't call it"Booger" County for nothing![/quote]

Not that kind I mean the kind that involved a hand, board or strap of leather across my backside for whatever reason I deserved it at the time. Often disobediance, but mostly for tramitizing my sister. ( snakes propped up at her bedroom window, a tadpole in her water glass, a mouse in her purse ect), but I was the only one in my mind allowed to tramitize her, anyone else got a brutal beating!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Given the number of bombers, platoons are not a bad idea. 10 bombers per platoon? This could all be kept secret by BlackHorse so no one would have any idea who else was in their platoon. Ooooh this is getting good. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Cuervo25_1

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:28 pm

UberHuberMan wrote:
Given the number of bombers, platoons are not a bad idea. 10 bombers per platoon? This could all be kept secret by BlackHorse so no one would have any idea who else was in their platoon. Ooooh this is getting good. Twisted Evil

I was figureing on 2 platoons, that way for example if I was in one and you was in the other and the ones getting bombed by our platoon Blackhorse could have you and I bomb each other. neither one of us would have the slightest idea. That way we would both get bombed by 15 people a piece, which will also confuse the rest as to who is the fake and who is the real one.. Like you said Blackhorse could keep it a secret as who is in the platoons so none is the wiser to what is up. Then later, when we finish the bombings he can mix up the platoons and start again if he wishes. That would also be a good time for those that wish to get honorable discharge to do so and new recruits to be picked up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jefe1037

Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:36 pm

lest we forget BH tried to limit the number of bombers to keep it simple. if someone were to make him a spreadsheet to organize this for him and allow him to "Plug and Play" the address/ name to the PM system for squadrons, or if we did this through standard email (an email list is a lot easier to send to multiple names). That being said, lets see the success of month 1 (not doubting, but i kinda like the 30 things to one guy overload idea... carpet bombing rather than a precision air strike)

My imagination is going wild too, squadron leaders each directing their group of 10 to bomb a guy in the other squadron so there are rotating bombings, each trying to out bomb the other... the arrival of live farm animals at someone's house causing us to have to SEVERELY limit what is acceptable.... Oh, and If any of us happens to be travelling to the target's locale during the month, let god have mercy on your soul.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:07 pm

Actually at 2 platoons, that will be 15-bombs per Brother being dropped. That is still more than enough to make the local postman Bitch & Gripe. Twisted Evil

Being hit by 15-Bombs will still make a nice haul too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:11 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
Being hit by 15-Bombs will still make a nice haul too!
Depends on what is sent! Would you like 15 pound bags of something like 'Dark Horse Mint'? affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999

The Real Actual BoB Bombers Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next