HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Any Redditors Here? /r/PipeTobacco/ is 2500 Members strong

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CygnusXII

Registration date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Any Redditors Here? /r/PipeTobacco/ is 2500 Members strong   Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:02 pm

I am just Curious as to how many here are Redditors? I've been a Redditor there for over six years. They have a growing pipe community there that is up to about 2500 Members. Now I do not mention this to funnel away traffic from this board; I do mention it as an added resource to everyone here. You do not have to join to read the topics / replies and whatnot. The groups there on the whole are a younger generation, and could benefit from the older crowd, and the experienced Pipe Smokers found here. Lurking is fine, and is actually considered an Art Form there.

I have not been a member here long, but from the Threads / Topics / Replies and Community involvement, this Board seems to be a pretty good bunch of Eggs. I am the type of guy that respects knowledge, where ever it comes from. I look forward to many years of interaction with this board, and hope that I can make a valued contribution, given my limited scope of knowledge, and experience.

Here's the URL, in case anyone is interested, and is not already a Redditor.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PipeTobacco/new/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Any Redditors Here? /r/PipeTobacco/ is 2500 Members strong   Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:06 pm

Count me clueless....

.....what is a Redditor?

monkey

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
CygnusXII

PostSubject: Re: Any Redditors Here? /r/PipeTobacco/ is 2500 Members strong   Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:25 pm

Since the site is Named Reddit Contributors are considered self Editors Reddit + Editor = Redditor cat

Once you are there, you can view just about as many topics that you can think of. Individual Topics are called subReddits. Reddit has millions of users and tons of subReddits. If you join, you can subscribe to the subReddits, and they will be accessible via the topbar of the site. Reddit has the (laughable) nick name as "The Front page of the Internet."

Best of Luck

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Any Redditors Here? /r/PipeTobacco/ is 2500 Members strong   Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:35 pm

Reddit's faddish (but nicely simple and organized) approach to electronic socializing never did much for me, just more humans cramming into more places for the same reasons. Yeah, I'm being a bitchy young coot, and I shake my fist in Reddit's direction, but I have a great place called BoB that's pretty darned cool by my reckon.

Though the Reddit Reno crew meets at one of my favorite watering holes, so this notion of the "faceless Internet chatter" is dying out, which is good.

Reddit--hip until something else comes along. I like small-town Internet, if that makes sense.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CygnusXII

PostSubject: Re: Any Redditors Here? /r/PipeTobacco/ is 2500 Members strong   Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:58 pm

I wouldn't say "faddish" being around for over 7 years, and please do not read me as being a "fanboy" for Reddit. I do not try to espouse one site over another, but I do like to put groups of people together, to share experience.

This is a fine forum. I only wish I had been a member earlier than I had. Like I stated previously; from what I've read in this forum, there seem to be a number of good folks here, and I look forward to the fellowship, in the future.

I am not an evangelist for Reddit. I was just Curious if there was any overlap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Any Redditors Here? /r/PipeTobacco/ is 2500 Members strong   Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:02 pm

CygnusXII wrote:
I wouldn't say "faddish" being around for over 7 years, and please do not read me as being a "fanboy" for Reddit. I do not try to espouse one site over another, but I do like to put groups of people together, to share experience.

This is a fine forum. I only wish I had been a member earlier than I had. Like I stated previously; from what I've read in this forum, there seem to be a number of good folks here, and I look forward to the fellowship, in the future.

I am not an evangelist for Reddit. I was just Curious if there was any overlap.

Likewise, never said you were a fanboy--nothing personal there, Cyg. Smile Reddit doesn't do much for me, it's just another place, though. Everything in Internetland is a fad. Just ask AOL.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CygnusXII

PostSubject: Re: Any Redditors Here? /r/PipeTobacco/ is 2500 Members strong   Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:24 pm

No problem Sir. Unfortunately I suffer from a mild bit of Aspegers, so my interactions with people in typed conversations can get twisted. I am notoriously bad at interpreting nuances of conversation, and quite often misread people's Interweb voice when they type.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Any Redditors Here? /r/PipeTobacco/ is 2500 Members strong   Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:26 pm

CygnusXII wrote:
Unfortunately I suffer from a mild bit of Aspegers, so my interactions with people in typed conversations can get twisted. I am notoriously bad at interpreting nuances of conversation, and quite often misread people's Interweb voice when they type.

Same here, on all accounts. Cool Don't sweat it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Any Redditors Here? /r/PipeTobacco/ is 2500 Members strong   Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:32 pm

And I thought it had something to do with forclosed realestate Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunter5117

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Any Redditors Here? /r/PipeTobacco/ is 2500 Members strong   Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:36 pm

My son is a big reddit fan. Personally I never "got" it. Maybe will check out the pipe threads (pun intended) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Any Redditors Here? /r/PipeTobacco/ is 2500 Members strong   Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:06 pm

monbla256 wrote:
And I thought it had something to do with forclosed realestate Embarassed

I too thought it had something to do with Realtors.

Arrow

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
dougc905

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Any Redditors Here? /r/PipeTobacco/ is 2500 Members strong   Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:11 am

After clicking the original link, I get "there doesn't seem to be anything here". A bit more clicking revealed stuff but didn't look very organised to me. I'll pass. Thanks for the tip though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Any Redditors Here? /r/PipeTobacco/ is 2500 Members strong
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1