HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Thu May 24, 2012 11:16 pm

Kyle,

I think you will really gain some Borkum Riff insights from that review. In fact, it almost seems tailored for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DustyRoundup

Registration date : 2011-11-03

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Fri May 25, 2012 5:41 pm

Woops, 2 more dropped on me . Very Happy

Its snowing and blowing cold here today,, so nobody wants to mess with theyre horses Very Happy (And neither do I )
And a couple more showed up,,, with some cool bacc's for me to sample..

Thanks Man, You know who you are.. They are right up my alley, and I'm looking forward to trying them. Very Happy

And a handmade fishin lure Very Happy

I'll sure give it a try,, I dont know how the trout will like it,,, but I do plan on takin a few days of campin this summer, on a lake with Bass and Pike Very Happy I think it'll catch a fish or two up there for sure.
Whoever made this,,, I think its very functional, and a very nice piece of craftmanship, I see no reason why this wouldnt catch fish. Nice Work, whoever you are.

Again, Thanks everybody, for all the goods youve sent me,,,I feel I am up to my ears in tobacco.. It drives me crazy in the morning, when Im still half asleep, and I stand there staring in my cabinet, trying to decide what I want to take for a morning smoke, and what I want for my drive home smoke,,,,,,I just stare,,and it slows down my mornings Shocked Guess Ill just have to get up earlier Very Happy

But what a problem to have huh? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tech2576

Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Fri May 25, 2012 7:58 pm

Yeah, I feel for ya'.
Enjoy it, you deserve it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kieveryuu

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sat May 26, 2012 4:12 am

Sweet Killarney was the first Peterson's tobacco I had tried. It was a gift and I still have some of it jarred. It was a great introduction to Pete tobaccos and I have since acquired at least five more. Good stuff. Looking at that selection of tobacco the Killarney is not the only good one there.

Your optional paralysis by way of too many tobaccos is the good kind of problem to have.

Enjoy it all, Dusty, could not have happened to a nicer guy. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://type29a.com
Cuervo25_1

Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sat May 26, 2012 1:38 pm

DustyRoundup wrote:
Woops, 2 more dropped on me . Very Happy

Its snowing and blowing cold here today,, so nobody wants to mess with theyre horses Very Happy (And neither do I )
And a couple more showed up,,, with some cool bacc's for me to sample.

Thanks Man, You know who you are.. They are right up my alley, and I'm looking forward to trying them. Very Happy

And a handmade fishin lure Very Happy
I'll sure give it a try,, I dont know how the trout will like it,,, but I do plan on takin a few days of campin this summer, on a lake with Bass and Pike Very Happy I think it'll catch a fish or two up there for sure.
Whoever made this,,, I think its very functional, and a very nice piece of craftmanship, I see no reason why this wouldnt catch fish. Nice Work, whoever you are.

Again, Thanks everybody, for all the goods youve sent me,,,I feel I am up to my ears in tobacco.. It drives me crazy in the morning, when Im still half asleep, and I stand there staring in my cabinet, trying to decide what I want to take for a morning smoke, and what I want for my drive home smoke,,,,,,I just stare,,and it slows down my mornings Shocked Guess Ill just have to get up earlier Very Happy

But what a problem to have huh? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You have summers in MT? I heard of in snowing in June there!

I know one thing with these bombings you can't really prepare. You know your going to get tobacco,pipes, and accesories but what about the stuff like the coffe mugs,that weird little red ball, fishing lures, knives and other stuff. It aint like you just run out pick up a cabinet from a craigslist listing because it is just going to be tobacco, pipes, and accesories. We are all doomed!

* runs around adding more thickness to the bomb shelter and suppying myself with storage*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPUD 15

Registration date : 2011-09-07

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sat May 26, 2012 2:19 pm

Speaking of seasons, when I used to go to Goose Bay frequently they said that they had three seasons. Last winter, this winter and next winter ay. MIKE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tech2576

Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sat May 26, 2012 4:09 pm

LOL Being from just south of Buffalo, NY, I get that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sat May 26, 2012 4:39 pm

Just when I think things are back to normal and that I'm safe I get hit HARD again!!!

Yesterday I received another bomb... It totally cheered me up (I'm still waiting to find out if I tore a collateral ligament in my knee or if I tore my ACL... ACL would be much, much worse and require surgery I guess Sad ). It made my day Smile

Contents:

2 different AWESOME retro ashtrays from two very famous hotels/resorts Smile I love stuff like that and now they are on display in my curio cabinet

Tobaccos:
50g tin of 1792 flake! Before this bombing I was out now I have a decent stash again!
50g tin of FVF from 2008! Couldn't resist opening and smelling and hot damn it's ripe and ready to enjoy!
What appears to be about 2-3oz of C&D OJK Smile
And two GLP blends that I've yet to try...
Telegraph Hill and Barbary Coast!!!!

This guy must know I have a bit of an affinity for perique Smile

Thank you thank you thank you!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sat May 26, 2012 4:46 pm

I'm guessing you'll enjoy the Telegraph Hill. If it's a newish tin, make sure you stick in the cellar for a while...the wait will be worth it, man!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
s.ireland

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sat May 26, 2012 5:04 pm

idbowman wrote:
I'm guessing you'll enjoy the Telegraph Hill. If it's a newish tin, make sure you stick in the cellar for a while...the wait will be worth it, man!

That's the best part! The tin is from 9/2008!

I actually have a few tins in the cellar that I bought last year but I've never actually tried it because I was letting them age a bit. Now I can try it! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sat May 26, 2012 5:27 pm

Wait, you like PERIQUE? scratch

Basketball

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sun May 27, 2012 9:09 pm

Hey,,,check THIS out Shane!

http://www.otcpipes.com/available.html

Scroll down til you come to the real gem! A lovely Borkum Riff briar. Sweet! I know a couple of bros that NEED that one!!! lol

PS: It's right above the 'Captain Black' briar. Both of these would make LOVELY gifts with the right blend added! LOL

First BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Sun May 27, 2012 11:37 pm

Blackhorse wrote:

PS: It's right above the 'Captain Black' briar. Both of these would make LOVELY gifts with the right blend added! LOL

The Captain Black pipe has nothing to do with the tobacco Razz It was a model of a Pre-Codogan era Orlik pipe. Razz

http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Orlik
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Mon May 28, 2012 12:13 am

Thanks professor, go ahead and bust my little bubble of happiness, it being all that stands between me and severe depression...accompanied by a raging desire to smoke bad tobaccos. lol

The one I was really pumped about is the Borkum Riff. Tell me that one's not related!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Mon May 28, 2012 12:40 am

Blackhorse wrote:
Thanks professor, go ahead and bust my little bubble of happiness, it being all that stands between me and severe depression...accompanied by a raging desire to smoke bad tobaccos. lol

The one I was really pumped about is the Borkum Riff. Tell me that one's not related!

If it will make you happy: " It's not related" Is that better? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
s.ireland

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Mon May 28, 2012 4:10 am

Blackhorse wrote:

Scroll down til you come to the real gem! A lovely Borkum Riff briar. Sweet! I know a couple of bros that NEED that one!!! lol

Damn! The listing says that there are multiple Captain Black pipes but only one Borkum Riff briar...

I guess Kyle and Rob will just have to share Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
s.ireland

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Mon May 28, 2012 4:27 am

Kyle Weiss wrote:
Wait, you like PERIQUE? scratch

Basketball

Cool

Indeed, I do!

And its seems that someone else knew as well!

Today I found ANOTHER bomb at the back gate. I'm assuming that it was actually delivered on Friday or Saturday but instead of leaving it on the porch it was left at the back of the house.

Anyhow, here's the contents. This one blew me away yet again!

One 8OZ. tin of HADDO'S DELIGHT!!!! It's from 2009 and of course a half-pound of one of my all-time favs had me jumping for joy! (I was of course careful with the knee Cool )
A tin of Stutliff's No. 5 mixture sounds tasty
One 50g tin of Irish Flake! Appears to have some age as well. A great tobacco and gotta love Irish Flake for Ireland Smile

And last but not least... DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!!.......

An old tin of Escudo!!!! I'm not sure how old (anyone?) but its the smaller painted tin still made by A and C Petersen not Stokkebye. I've only smoked the newer incarnation so I'm SUPER excited to give this a go!

Thanks so much! You know who you are Smile

Thanks again to all my other brothers as well! I'm up to my neck in new tobacco and goodies and curse you for spreading out the carnage over a whole week! Where's your honor? Do you have no mercy??? I have already conceded Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Mon May 28, 2012 11:39 am

Mercy? You ask for MERCY? Muahah...hahaha...HAHAHAHAH! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cuervo25_1

Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Mon May 28, 2012 12:02 pm

Perhaps we should have saved Kyle for last , all this extra trash talk would have been sure to end up with him completely humbled and destroyed. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Mon May 28, 2012 12:36 pm

Cuervo25_1 wrote:
Perhaps we should have saved Kyle for last , all this extra trash talk would have been sure to end up with him completely humbled and destroyed. Laughing

Is there anything that says he can't be targeted more than once?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Mon May 28, 2012 12:36 pm

s.ireland wrote:
Damn! The listing says that there are multiple Captain Black pipes but only one Borkum Riff briar...

I guess Kyle and Rob will just have to share Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Nah - Kyle can have the Borkum Riff pipe, i'll take the Captain Black pipe. Very Happy

I'd even smoke a bowl of CBW in it's honor. Cool

Funny this pipe gets mentioned though, I was actually considering purchasing one of these CB pipes, just for the hell of it. And Yes, I would smoke a bowl of CBW in it just for fun.

Last edited by Rob_In_MO on Mon May 28, 2012 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Mon May 28, 2012 12:49 pm

...why do I get the feeling there may be some kind of Rebel Faction developing through all of this? This could get ugly really quickly... Laughing Cool

(...not that I'm sowing the seeds of dissent or anything... ) rabbit

Last edited by Kyle Weiss on Mon May 28, 2012 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : There's a difference between "sewing" and "sowing" in regard to planting, and I often forget this. Oops. Stay smart, kids.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Mon May 28, 2012 1:15 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:

(...not that I'm sewing the seeds of dissent or anything... ) rabbit

You would'nt do that, would you ? Not Kyle Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Mon May 28, 2012 9:07 pm

Sitting here enjoying a great IPA...one of Brewdude's finest. Wildcat Inda Pale Ale. What a great brew! 5 different barleys for the malt base...75 IBU's of alpha acid bitterness and 3 additions of Colombus hops. 6.6%!

A fine accompaniment to deleting the 'FWD' sends of my Sis-n-Law as they come in. But I did open up this one:

http://www.dogwork.com/owfo8/

I wonder if it gives somewhat of the feeling that Shane felt when he saw the bombs heading his way???

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DustyRoundup

Registration date : 2011-11-03

PostSubject: Re: the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!   Tue May 29, 2012 11:02 pm

And another bomb falls from the sky, and lands in my mailbox Very Happy

Cool!
There's some Virginia #1
Black Cavendish
McClelland #403 Darkest Chocolate
McClelland #2025 English Cavendish
and a tamper tool

I read some reviews on the 'English Cavendish " just now, and they say its a Va with "xanthi" ????an oriental ,,,some said it was spicy,

hmm??? curiosity is killin me here. it smells pretty good in the jar,,,and it looks like a flake, almost like a navy flake sorta.
Im thinkin I am going to give it a try tonight.

Dangit, I just thought, what pipe should I smoke it in??? if its got oriental xanthi , will it be ok in my Va pipes? and if I smoke it in a Lat pipe that might not work....
OH . !!! Cool, I have a couple new cobs from you guys Very Happy
Nice! I shall from this point on , have a pipe for Orientals,,,

Thanks a bunch, to you know who you are,,,I'll be sampling some in a bit here
Back to top Go down
View user profile

the SECOND real actual BoB Bomber sign-in!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next