HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Cuervo25_1

Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Fri May 04, 2012 1:26 pm

wow I just noticed I wrote dark amber FERREL insteat of bit, I must have drew that up late at night/early morning lol.Also it should be noted that the tan part of the acorn would be smooth. I would kill (figureativly speaking) to have this set. perhaps you could also do the straight one as a Rhodisian. my whole look on this design was an outdoors,hunting fishing type deal. The black and tan Idea came while looking at Mark Tinsky's pipes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Fri May 04, 2012 1:29 pm

Cuervo25_1 wrote:
wow I just noticed I wrote dark amber FERREL insteat of bit, I must have drew that up late at night/early morning lol. I would kill (figureativly speaking) to have this set. perhaps you could also do the straight one as a Rhodisian. my whole look on this design was an outdoors,hunting fishing type deal.

I'm seeing what you're saying. It would also be cool to set it up as an interchangeable stem, meaning you only have one bowl but both the churchwarden stem and the short stem.

In this case they would both have to be bent pipes, but that could be cool.

Good ideas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://GrowleyPipes.com
Cuervo25_1

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Fri May 04, 2012 1:32 pm

Growley wrote:
Cuervo25_1 wrote:
wow I just noticed I wrote dark amber FERREL insteat of bit, I must have drew that up late at night/early morning lol. I would kill (figureativly speaking) to have this set. perhaps you could also do the straight one as a Rhodisian. my whole look on this design was an outdoors,hunting fishing type deal.

I'm seeing what you're saying. It would also be cool to set it up as an interchangeable stem, meaning you only have one bowl but both the churchwarden stem and the short stem.

In this case they would both have to be bent pipes, but that could be cool.

Good ideas.

A bent Rhodisian would rock!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cuervo25_1

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Fri May 04, 2012 1:43 pm

Another Idea just came to mind two large bowls two small bowls one of each of the sizes would be for straight and the others for bent. that way you can have travel size and "lodge" size for being at home, in the cabin or whatever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Fri May 04, 2012 2:37 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hater

Registration date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Fri May 04, 2012 2:41 pm

George Kaplan wrote:
This:
http://www.brothersofbriar.com/t16452-for-all-you-steampunk-kids

Somebody's gotta try it eventually!

*pulling out some William Gibsin to read*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Fri May 04, 2012 2:53 pm

kieveryuu wrote:
Well, I have a few ideas. So long as you allow the submitter to also make the pipe shape (I hope to start carving this summer sometime).

You say all shapes, but do you have a preference? Such as bulldog?

Sorry, Just saw this question. I honestly prefer natural shapes, meaning shapes you might find in nature or normal life. Leafy, round, bulbous, organic, exotic, artistic.

As I walk around I'm constantly looking at things and wondering if the shape would make for a good pipe. I want people to stop me on the street when I'm smoking pipes and ask me what I'm smoking, and not be referring to the tobacco Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://GrowleyPipes.com
Hater

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Fri May 04, 2012 3:01 pm

Growley wrote:
kieveryuu wrote:
Well, I have a few ideas. So long as you allow the submitter to also make the pipe shape (I hope to start carving this summer sometime).

Sorry, Just saw this question. I honestly prefer natural shapes, meaning shapes you might find in nature or normal life. Leafy, round, bulbous, organic, exotic, artistic.

As I walk around I'm constantly looking at things and wondering if the shape would make for a good pipe. I want people to stop me on the street when I'm smoking pipes and ask me what I'm smoking, and not be referring to the tobacco Very Happy
i was thinking the same thing the other day looking at a pinecone. then again I also see the same things in steeples and church bells
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cuervo25_1

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Fri May 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Hater wrote:
Growley wrote:
kieveryuu wrote:

i was thinking the same thing the other day looking at a pinecone. then again I also see the same things in steeples and church bells

Pinecone shaped sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kieveryuu

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Sat May 05, 2012 3:57 am

Well, as I said I have a couple of ideas, I will be able to post them sometime Sunday (likely later in the day). A few nice organic shapes that might fit nicely with your particular carving skills.

However it turns out, I like the pipe you are so kindly offering and will look forward to seeing the idea you choose come to life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://type29a.com
CygnusXII

Registration date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Sat May 05, 2012 8:15 am

Something with Brass Inserts, and Brass Tubing for the draw. Sorry for the rough Sketch, but I was in a hurry. You'll notice that in the center of the Brass Tubing there is a Briar insert, slotted on each side to accept the contours of the tubing. Double ring shank inserts on the stummel, Brass, Briar,Ebonite, Brass & on the stem copy the same pattern of inserts attached to the Stem, but use more Briar to allow the tenon to accept the stem.

Last edited by CygnusXII on Sat May 05, 2012 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Sat May 05, 2012 12:35 pm

Geez, Cyg! Sure you got that pic big enough? Razz

Ok, this idea just popped up on another thread. How about a bulldog in the shape of half of the handset to an old Bell 300 telephone? Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CygnusXII

Registration date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Sat May 05, 2012 1:07 pm

Sorry my scanner was taken by the EX, so I snapped a Pic with my cellphone, and attached it to the message. I wasn't sure if the writing was legible and the drawing notes clear enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Sat May 05, 2012 1:11 pm

CygnusXII wrote:
Sorry my scanner was taken by the EX, so I snapped a Pic with my cellphone, and attached it to the message. I wasn't sure if the writing was legible and the drawing notes clear enough.

Can you DOWNSIZE your pics? they are HUGE! And make it hard to see 'em completely even on a 24" monitor Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Sat May 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Seems pretty clear to me at standard size. I was just giving you a little guff, Cygnus, but is is kinda annoying when the pic's so wide it screws up the response page. Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hater

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Sat May 05, 2012 1:36 pm

so this morning I started out the daysipping on some Grey Havens out of my new B-Line Group 6 bent and looking out my window at the apricot tree outside. Now please keep in mind that I failed art 3 times (not really but you get the idea)
I also have a pur[ple potato plant outside that gave me the idea for the other design Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hater

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Sat May 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Then I got in my drawing (if you can call it that)and revisited some of my earlier posts from the other night. If you can't read some of this stuff let me know and Ill decipher. clockwise from upper left:
Canadian wChimney with pencil thin shank and plateau top - full bent or hawkbill shank bulldog - Cantered Dublin with or without plateau with or without sandblast - bulldog oom paul

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hater

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Sat May 05, 2012 1:45 pm

clockwise again: sandblasted pinecone with 45 degree chamber (may need a bit of a lip under the chamber) - freehand tree root sitter with rusticated and gnarled edges like you would see in naturea concave rim'd sandlasted nosewarmer brandy or dublin - and a really nice tobbacco leaf design ramses with tobacco vein rustication and ivory extension

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hater

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Sat May 05, 2012 1:46 pm

a briar topped (instead of bottomed) Volcano rocker:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hater

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Sat May 05, 2012 1:49 pm

and the next two are my favorites so far, and trust me Ill be drawing up more.

The Southern California Wave with plateau topped and backside to "give motion", an ivory sea foam white extention, and a blue lucite stem:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hater

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Sat May 05, 2012 1:51 pm

and last for them moment (this one will take some imagination but I think it would look freaking awesome) The Blue whale with full plateah side. The bowl can either be a 45 degree bowl in the middle of the plateau or you can square off the top a bit and put it there.

more coming soon.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DocRx

Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Sat May 05, 2012 2:13 pm

The first thing that comes to my mind is a pipe ,especially the bowl,shaped like a sea shell.perhaps a scallop shell.http://www.flickr.com/photos/inspirationalimages/3949616814/ or this http://www.flickr.com/photos/inspirationalimages/3949616814/ or this http://www.flickr.com/photos/inspirationalimages/3949616814/ maybe something resembling http://www.flickr.com/photos/inspirationalimages/3949616814/ nice shape for the bowl!http://www.flickr.com/photos/inspirationalimages/3949616814/ or this http://www.flickr.com/photos/inspirationalimages/3949616814/ I think perhaps a coral type shank and of course fishtail stems!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hater

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Sat May 05, 2012 2:48 pm

sabertooth with rusticated backside, bamboo extention and either straight or bent.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Sat May 05, 2012 2:49 pm

Damn. Hater's on a roll! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hater

PostSubject: Re: FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!   Sat May 05, 2012 3:05 pm

just noticed that the poppy's out front are blooming.

Working on this now:

look at the ones that havent bloomed yet... Can you say turned tamper anyone????
Back to top Go down
View user profile

FREE PIPE CONTEST!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next