HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Turning 30 and the best b-day present ever

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Turning 30 and the best b-day present ever   Fri May 04, 2012 1:10 pm

So yesterday was the 30th birthday. I realize that although I'm not the youngest member here, I'm far from the oldest...so I don't expect a lot of pity when I say that it wasn't exactly a birthday I was looking forward to (putting it lightly).

My wife seemed to take kindly to my request to not celebrate, avoid gifts, cakes, etc. I just wanted to get through the day like any other Thursday. She did very well, but she did manage to sneak in one little surprise that was better than any gift I could have asked for.

I get to smoke in the house, but am relegated to my little "man corner" in the basement (which isn't so bad -it carpeted, TV/DVD hook up, nice table, curio cabinet...maybe I have it pretty good, I guess), and often complain that it'd be nice to smoke "in the real house" once in a while. She doesn't like smoke and barely tolerates it when I'm downstairs.

Imagine my surprise when I came home from work to find:
--My favorite movie all queued up in the DVD player ready to go
--My drink of choice poured and sitting next my recliner in the living room
--My Peterson Emerald, already packed with a healthy bowl of Fillmore*, matches, cleaners, and ashtrays all on the table next to that drink (IN THE LIVING ROOM)
--A note next to the ashtray that said "This is a one time deal...but enjoy it. Happy Thursday!"

*She's never smoked anything in her life...not even a puff of a cig. I asked her this morning how in the heck she packed the bowl pretty much perfectly. Apparently, she put enough thought into to have her dad stop over (a former pipe smoker) and load it up.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Turning 30 and the best b-day present ever   Fri May 04, 2012 1:20 pm

You may only be 30, but you have something there at home, many of us twice your age don't, a lady that LOVES you Razz Enjoy it and never forget! Happy B'day BTW cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Turning 30 and the best b-day present ever   Fri May 04, 2012 1:22 pm

Happy Birthday! Sounds like she's a keeper...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Turning 30 and the best b-day present ever   Fri May 04, 2012 1:28 pm

Glad you had a good birthday, with an understanding partner

"T"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999 Online
Hater

Registration date : 2012-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Turning 30 and the best b-day present ever   Fri May 04, 2012 1:32 pm

HAppy Birthday! great lady there for sure Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Turning 30 and the best b-day present ever   Fri May 04, 2012 1:45 pm

cheers What a great surprise! I bet that was one satisfying bowl of Fillmore!

Happy birthday!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Turning 30 and the best b-day present ever   Fri May 04, 2012 1:54 pm

I dunno, sounds like to me you're "King for a Day." Cool What a swell birthday setup.

Enjoy your 30s, so far I've been diggin' it, but I've always been an old man, and will revel in my grouchiness, blunt opining, yelling at kids and talking about how awesome everything used to be (because I know how awesome I am now). Laughing

Happy birthday!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Turning 30 and the best b-day present ever   Fri May 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Happy Birthday! What an awesome way to "not celebrate."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Turning 30 and the best b-day present ever   Fri May 04, 2012 6:55 pm

Happy birthday!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Turning 30 and the best b-day present ever   Fri May 04, 2012 10:54 pm

How very thoughtful of your wife, hang onto that one and enjoy your birthday week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Turning 30 and the best b-day present ever
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1