HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

New Rifle Traditions 209 .50 Caliber Black Powder

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CygnusXII

Number of posts: 146
Tobacco: MacBarens Scottish Mixture, Dunhill 965, MacBarens Golden Extra, MacBarens Symphony, Bengal Slices
Pipe: 11 S&R's, Ben Wade, 2 K&P System Pipes, 3 Peterson Kapets, Peterson Kilarney, Peterson Irish Whiskey, Jobey Stromboli, Various Savinelli Bulldogs & British Store Brand off labels, Bari Handcut
Registration date: 2012-03-21

PostSubject: New Rifle Traditions 209 .50 Caliber Black Powder   Tue May 08, 2012 7:54 am

Just picked up a New Rifle. Friend of a Friend had to sell his Rifle. Never been fired. Came with Scope, Extra Powder, Ammo Packs and Pellets, Both Lead and Copper Coated, Cleaning Kit. Pretty much everything I need to go to the Range. I need to pick up some 209 Primers though. Why Black Powder? Basically it fits my "Tin Foil Hat" mentality. Black Powder Rifles do not have to be registered with Uncle Sam. It's very easy to stock pile ammo, and powder, and pour your own pellets, and have plenty of supplies when the shit hits the fan. I do not like the notion of having to rely on ready made rounds, which can be costly and run out eventually. With Black powder you can make the pellets out of lead, and pour your own lead molded rounds. Additionally it fits with my ideas of gun safety. You do not leave a black powder rifle laying around loaded, like a cartridge rifle or handgun (well like stupid cartridge weapon owners do.)

Traditions 209 .50 Caliber Muzzloader Black Powder Rifle with Scope
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Number of posts: 12741
Registration date: 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: New Rifle Traditions 209 .50 Caliber Black Powder   Tue May 08, 2012 8:58 am

Neat!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smokinbriar

Number of posts: 219
Tobacco: ch,pa ,velvet,swr,granger,err.
Pipe: drgrabow,mm cob's,carey pipes.
Registration date: 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New Rifle Traditions 209 .50 Caliber Black Powder   Tue May 08, 2012 10:02 am

Looks great. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Number of posts: 4360
Tobacco: Blend of the month is Hogwart's "Olde Skid Mark Flake"
Pipe: Pipes by Scotties22, ta harris, Growley & UberHuberMan of this Site plus the 2012 BoB POY.
Registration date: 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: New Rifle Traditions 209 .50 Caliber Black Powder   Tue May 08, 2012 1:53 pm

Nifty! I like the Schnable (spelling ?) forend on the composit stock.

And BP rifles can be really accurate within their effective range. I once made of Hawken 50 cal via a kit thing and it would shoot into an inch using a standing leaning rest at 75 yds. I was extremely impressed. And that was with pyrodex and round ball. No scope. Of course that was when I was quite a bit younger and could still SEE! lol And I did taper the front blade to a thinner contour. Wish I still had that piece...that and about ten other arms that I've sold off over the years.

BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.

Various and Sundry Additional Semi-Secretive and/or Quasi-Nefarious Groups, Activities, etc.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CygnusXII

Number of posts: 146
Tobacco: MacBarens Scottish Mixture, Dunhill 965, MacBarens Golden Extra, MacBarens Symphony, Bengal Slices
Pipe: 11 S&R's, Ben Wade, 2 K&P System Pipes, 3 Peterson Kapets, Peterson Kilarney, Peterson Irish Whiskey, Jobey Stromboli, Various Savinelli Bulldogs & British Store Brand off labels, Bari Handcut
Registration date: 2012-03-21

PostSubject: Re: New Rifle Traditions 209 .50 Caliber Black Powder   Tue May 08, 2012 2:12 pm

I had a Thompson Hawkens .50 cal myself about 15 years ago, and had to sell it also. It was one fine Rifle. I haven't had one since then, so I am particularly happy about having another now. It's not a super expensive rifle, but the build quality on it is fairly decent, and I happened to fall into the deal, so I can't complain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Number of posts: 4023
Registration date: 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: New Rifle Traditions 209 .50 Caliber Black Powder   Tue May 08, 2012 2:58 pm

Traditions? Good affordable quality, the company has been around for years. Let us know how she shoots.

puros_bran wrote:
Nobody wants to Mod and nobody wants to be moderated....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeLeisure

Number of posts: 1105
Tobacco: Boswells Northwoods, Cherry Smash, Berry Cobbler, Christmas Cookie, Pom Holiday, Chocolate Cream. Peterson blends, dunhill, McCrainies "Murdocks Pipe", Christmas Cheer.
Pipe: Boswell, Ardor, Ser Jacopo, Caminetto, Stanwell, Peterson, Eric Nording, Poul Winslow, Søren. Lover of Freehands.
Registration date: 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: New Rifle Traditions 209 .50 Caliber Black Powder   Tue May 08, 2012 3:14 pm

Hay I have a black powder that looks just like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee
Dutch

Number of posts: 2958
Tobacco: http://tobaccocellar.com/Dutch
Pipe: Moretti, Jesse Jones, Rolando Negoita, Ferndown, Boswell, Caminetto Lee Von Erck, Charatan, Il Duca, Viprati, L'Anatra, Sadik Yanik, GBD, Design Berlin, Peder Jeppesen, Peterson, Thomas Cristiano, Savinelli, Stanwell, Kaywoodie, Mark Tinsky, Jake Hackert, Radice, Preben Holm, Mastro de Paja, Nording, Mario Grandi, Missouri Meerschaum, Don Florian, Riccardo Santia, Aristocob, Ropp, Ardor.

Registration date: 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: New Rifle Traditions 209 .50 Caliber Black Powder   Tue May 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Cygnus, check out some of the modern powders available, such as 777. They clean up super easy with only hot water. I have a Thompson Center modern flintlock that loves the stuff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
plumbernater

Number of posts: 803
Tobacco: Blends
Pipe: Petersons, Savinelli, And a growing English collection
Registration date: 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: New Rifle Traditions 209 .50 Caliber Black Powder   Tue May 08, 2012 4:04 pm

I got a old CVA Hawkins 50 cal. thats a good striaght shooter. Around 90 grains of powder she kicks good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipeLeisure

Number of posts: 1105
Tobacco: Boswells Northwoods, Cherry Smash, Berry Cobbler, Christmas Cookie, Pom Holiday, Chocolate Cream. Peterson blends, dunhill, McCrainies "Murdocks Pipe", Christmas Cheer.
Pipe: Boswell, Ardor, Ser Jacopo, Caminetto, Stanwell, Peterson, Eric Nording, Poul Winslow, Søren. Lover of Freehands.
Registration date: 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: New Rifle Traditions 209 .50 Caliber Black Powder   Wed May 09, 2012 4:10 am

plumbernater wrote:
I got a old CVA Hawkins 50 cal. thats a good striaght shooter. Around 90 grains of powder she kicks good.

Hay that the same one I have, I need a new barrel for mine though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/PipeLeisure?feature=mhee

New Rifle Traditions 209 .50 Caliber Black Powder

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1