HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

If You Could Go Back

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GamleVking

Registration date : 2012-05-16

PostSubject: If You Could Go Back   Sat May 19, 2012 7:17 am

Of all the vehicles you've ever owned, which one do you regret ever selling? For me, it was my 1960 Austin Healey 3000 Mark I. I used to have a ball racing up Angeles Crest Highway on a warm day or cruising down to the beach and driving up the Pacific Coast Highway to Malibu. There's nothing like crusing in an open sports car and going through the gears. I can still hear that exhaust note in my head. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Variable

Registration date : 2012-03-29

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Go Back   Sat May 19, 2012 11:10 am

Man, my 1962 VW Beetle. I think about this car very often:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Go Back   Sat May 19, 2012 12:19 pm

Of all things - my '87 Toyota Camry. Looked like hell and rode a little rough, but the stupid thing could not be killed. 330,000 miles and it never let me down once. Bought it when it had 180,000 miles on it and didn't expect to get more than a year out of it. I drove that thing all over the country - literally. Didn't smoke, didn't use oil, nothing leaked, just kept going.

Cool thing about it was - it had factory Cruise, and it was a manual. I could set the cruise at 30-mph going down a country road in 3rd gear - and it didn't care. What gear you were in had no effect on whether the Cruise worked or not.

BTW - the guy that bought it from me is still driving it to this day. Japanese Cars - go figure... scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IndySmoker

Registration date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Go Back   Sat May 19, 2012 3:24 pm

I had an '88 Jeep Cherokee that had more things broken then not. I didn't have the knowledge or the money when I owned it to fix it up but now I do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Go Back   Sat May 19, 2012 5:39 pm

1955 Chevy Belair. 327ci with 202 heads. 6 pack off a early Corvette with an Edelbrock aluminum intake. Have to switch to a fuel injection system with an automatic, and air to suit me today though.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shootist51

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Go Back   Sat May 19, 2012 9:18 pm

Believe it or not...at 58 years of age, I have never sold a car! I buy them used and drive them until they die!

Longest lived, so far, a 1972 Olds 98....got a shade over 200,000 miles out of it before the body started to fall apart. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Go Back   Sun May 20, 2012 11:45 am

1. 1965 Mustang
2. 1968 Plymouth RoadRunner
3. 1969 427 Corvette coupe 390 hp 4-spd
4. 1970 Dodge Challenger 340 Six Pack

If I had those in a warehouse now, I could be rich.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Go Back   Mon May 28, 2012 12:27 am

My 1967 double cab VW Transporter pick-up. Bought it used from a dealer when i got back from 'Nam in '69 and drove it for almost 18 years till a collector from California offered me enough money to get an '85 Volvo ! I loved that truck, could carry 4 people inside and fold down the tailgate and bed sides and you had a flat-bed truck for big stuff !! It had almost 300,000 miles on it when I sold it and I re-built the engine once. wasn't much of anywhere i couldn't go with that thing!! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Go Back   Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:49 am

1972 Pontiac GTO (Lemans Clone). I bought it before my first Army deployment from up in MN and flew up to buy it. Had to do rod bearings in it to get it home. Around Indianapolis the tranny went out in it so I towed it the rest of the way home. Fixed her up and she was a champ. The genius I got it from knew bodies but not engines so he dropped a Chevy 454 in it with a Muncie 22 behind that. She flat screamed. Ended up selling her after my second deployment with the Army when income was nonexistent, but she paid the rent 3 months and kept food in my kids mouths so I can't complain too much.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sean68

Registration date : 2012-06-21

PostSubject: BMW   Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:20 am

I owned a German Spec'd 1992 BMW 325i convertible during the last few years I lived there. That car made you DRIVE it! Only motorcycles are more exciting to me...

Now if the question was which motorcycle I regret selling, the list would be much longer...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Go Back   Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:25 pm

I owned a 87' BMW 325. The center of gravity on those cars are awesome. One of the best built cars I've ever owned.

It had been sitting up for a while in need of some TLC and I sold it to a neighbor to help him out so he could get to work. He turned around 2 weeks later and put it on Craig's List for three times what I sold it to him for. F*cker.
Back to top Go down
sisyphus

Registration date : 2012-06-11

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Go Back   Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:05 pm

85 Toyota Supra. Great straight 6 that took all my friends muscle cars for the first 1/8th, drove twisty mountain roads like it was glued to them, OEM Recaro driver's seat. It was just a great, great car. Only drove it for three years, but out of all the cars I've owned it was the one I wish I'd never got rid of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Go Back   Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:32 pm

I miss my 67 camaro

and my old Volkswagen micro bus

rec
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://revspipes.com

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Go Back   Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:14 pm

67' Camaro is one of the finest cars ever made IMO. 1967 was a good year for cars. I was just talking about this last night. It's the year the car industry renewed its designs and got rid of 50's influence.
Back to top Go down
riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Go Back   Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:35 pm

I miss my '96 Firebird Formula. With a six-speed, LT1, suspension and some go-fast parts, it was a hoot to drive.
Also missed is our '96 Impala SS, same LT1. This was my "family minivan" from '96 to 2004. When I see one on the highway, it still turns my head.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CACooper

Registration date : 2009-07-20

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Go Back   Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:03 pm

!986 Yamaha FZ 600. A very cool bike. Owned it about a year and a half. Kick myself everyday.

Even after 27 years, the styling is still way ahead of it's time.
Pros: Extremely light and quick. Handling was razor sharp, almost telepathic. On the Crest I'd give GSXR 1000's a run. Ducati's, too. On tight turns, in the right gear, I could float the front wheel through the transition in total control. FUN!!!

On the con side: Rather uncomfortable on longish trips. The seat was about an inch thick! Forget about a passenger. You had to remove the complete exhaust system to change the oil, after removing the lower fairing. I usually left the lowers off and it resembled an endurance bike of the era. Brakes were a tad mushy, typical of '80's era Yamahas.

I still loved it, though. Can't remember why I sold it. Doesn't matter now. Can't get parts anymore.

CACooper
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pipeandpouch.com
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Go Back   Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:55 am

1979 Harley XLS 1000 Roadster. Of all the Harleys I owned it holds a special spot in my heart. At 500 pounds with a semi race cam and S&S carb it hauled ass. I sold it to put the kitchen in our house, and it's a running joke with my wife about having a Harley kitchen and kickstarting supper, but I loved that bike and kick myself in the ass now.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Go Back   Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:58 am

Here is a video of a 1980 Firebird that is almost identical to the one my dad bought new for me in September 1979. I really wish I had never sold it.....

http://www.streetfire.net/video/1980-pontiac-firebird-355cid-for-sale-at-gateway-classic-cars-in-louis_2347997.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WesleyGray

Registration date : 2014-06-13

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Go Back   Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:50 pm

My 1967 Moto Guzzi 850. Classic Italian motorcycle that had that great Desmo engine and a shaft drive. Traded it for a sensible small 4-door sedan when I got married. Now the wife and that Italian bike are both long gone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Go Back   Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:07 pm

My 76 Cadillac Eldorado

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/
d4klutz

Registration date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: If You Could Go Back   Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:21 am

My 1992 Dodge Stealth ES
My 1984 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4
My 1996 Ford Bronco (totalled right after I sold it)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://d4klutz.blogspot.com

If You Could Go Back
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1