HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Costners Pipe in Hatfield & McCoys?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Undertaker



Number of posts: 19
Age: 38
Location: Williston, North Dakota
Registration date: 2011-09-02

PostSubject: Costners Pipe in Hatfield & McCoys?   Sun May 27, 2012 7:35 pm

Has anyone seen the previews to the History channel mini series of the Hatfields and McCoys? Kevin Costner plays Devil Anse Hatfield, and he seems to be smoking a pipe in most of the teasers. Anyone have any clue to the maker? Or type? I personally like it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit



Number of posts: 3806
Age: 61
Location: Ascension Parish
Tobacco: Exhausted Rooster
Pipe: Rad Davis Golden Blast Apple
Registration date: 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Costners Pipe in Hatfield & McCoys?   Sun May 27, 2012 9:58 pm

I'm looking forward this this.
Got the DVR set. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flytyer



Number of posts: 686
Age: 48
Location: N E Pa.
Tobacco: Commonwealth,Golden sliced, SPC plum pudding, Skiff, SG Navy Flake, Three Nuns, Meat Pie
Pipe: all kinds
Registration date: 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Costners Pipe in Hatfield & McCoys?   Sun May 27, 2012 10:07 pm

Dont know what kind of pipe it is but Im also looking foreward to watching it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mgtarheel



Number of posts: 166
Age: 63
Location: The Tarheel State
Registration date: 2011-09-13

PostSubject: Costners Pipe in Hatfield & McCoys?   Tue May 29, 2012 11:14 pm

Been watching the show for 2 days now. Looks like he is smoking a small zulu.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
williamcharles



Number of posts: 811
Age: 63
Location: Indiana
Tobacco: Dark Birdseye, Brown Bogie, Dark Flake (scented and unscented), Irish Flake, Bracken Flake, Condor, 1792, Irish XX. Rum flake is dessert.
Pipe: Petersons, Nordings, Falcons, Dr. Grabows
Registration date: 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Costners Pipe in Hatfield & McCoys?   Wed May 30, 2012 12:57 am

To me it looks like a short briar cutty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JVickers43



Number of posts: 21
Age: 35
Location: Colorado
Tobacco: still learning
Pipe: still searching
Registration date: 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Costners Pipe in Hatfield & McCoys?   Wed May 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Yeah I would have to agree with the short cutty pipe. Kinda reminds me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kduuhwhh0ZQ

On another note. Devil Anse Hatfield is my aunts great great great grandfather. Frank Phillips is my great great great uncle. I have seen a few of my relatives get killed in the show. It is pretty amazing what they have done with this show, historically is it pretty accurate even down to the characters they have playing people, look very much like the old family photos my parents have of the actual people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33



Number of posts: 1371
Age: 46
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Tobacco: Trying them all...
Registration date: 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Costners Pipe in Hatfield & McCoys?   Wed May 30, 2012 7:23 pm

JVickers43 wrote:
Yeah I would have to agree with the short cutty pipe. Kinda reminds me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kduuhwhh0ZQ

On another note. Devil Anse Hatfield is my aunts great great great grandfather. Frank Phillips is my great great great uncle. I have seen a few of my relatives get killed in the show. It is pretty amazing what they have done with this show, historically is it pretty accurate even down to the characters they have playing people, look very much like the old family photos my parents have of the actual people.

That is absolutely wild!! I'm truly enjoying the show. I thinking the casting of Costner and Paxton are spot on. Every time I see him spark up his pipe I get the urge to do the same!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude



Number of posts: 5795
Age: 62
Location: Near the Emerald city
Tobacco: Va/VaPers mostly. Appreciate burley blends also. Latakia, not so much these days.
Pipe: I'm a "bent" kinda guy!
Registration date: 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Costners Pipe in Hatfield & McCoys?   Wed May 30, 2012 8:09 pm

History Channel is one that I don't get on my basic cable bundle.

I'd love to see it.

Crying or Very sad


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
tech2576



Number of posts: 580
Age: 58
Location: North end of GA
Tobacco: Chelsea Morning
Balkan Sobranie
Penzance
Sextant
BBF
Haddo's
OGS
HOTW
Pipe: Savinelli 114KS
Nording freehand
Couple GBDs
BoB 2012 POY Black & Tan
Stanwell 186 & 32
Comoys Silver Shadow
Cobs
Registration date: 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Costners Pipe in Hatfield & McCoys?   Wed May 30, 2012 9:06 pm

Brewdude wrote:
History Channel is one that I don't get on my basic cable bundle.

I'd love to see it.

Crying or Very sad


Cheers,

RR

Right hear -

http://www.history.com/shows/hatfields-and-mccoys/videos/hatfields-and-mccoys-part-1#hatfields-and-mccoys-part-1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude



Number of posts: 5795
Age: 62
Location: Near the Emerald city
Tobacco: Va/VaPers mostly. Appreciate burley blends also. Latakia, not so much these days.
Pipe: I'm a "bent" kinda guy!
Registration date: 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Costners Pipe in Hatfield & McCoys?   Wed May 30, 2012 9:16 pm

tech2576 wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
History Channel is one that I don't get on my basic cable bundle.

I'd love to see it.

Crying or Very sad


Cheers,

RR

Right hear -

http://www.history.com/shows/hatfields-and-mccoys/videos/hatfields-and-mccoys-part-1#hatfields-and-mccoys-part-1

Thanks but my computer cannot deal with videos. So no youtube for me!

And yes, I've tried.


No


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
tech2576



Number of posts: 580
Age: 58
Location: North end of GA
Tobacco: Chelsea Morning
Balkan Sobranie
Penzance
Sextant
BBF
Haddo's
OGS
HOTW
Pipe: Savinelli 114KS
Nording freehand
Couple GBDs
BoB 2012 POY Black & Tan
Stanwell 186 & 32
Comoys Silver Shadow
Cobs
Registration date: 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Costners Pipe in Hatfield & McCoys?   Wed May 30, 2012 9:36 pm

Not you tube, but I hate it for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch



Number of posts: 2997
Age: 49
Location: On the road.......
Tobacco: http://tobaccocellar.com/Dutch
Pipe: Moretti, Jesse Jones, Rolando Negoita, Ferndown, Boswell, Caminetto Lee Von Erck, Charatan, Il Duca, Viprati, L'Anatra, Sadik Yanik, GBD, Design Berlin, Peder Jeppesen, Peterson, Thomas Cristiano, Savinelli, Stanwell, Kaywoodie, Mark Tinsky, Jake Hackert, Radice, Preben Holm, Mastro de Paja, Nording, Mario Grandi, Missouri Meerschaum, Don Florian, Riccardo Santia, Aristocob, Ropp, Ardor.




Registration date: 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Costners Pipe in Hatfield & McCoys?   Thu May 31, 2012 3:15 am

Thanks so much for the link tech! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch



Number of posts: 2142
Age: 63
Location: foothills of the Ozarks
Tobacco: Most Lakeland Flakes, Va. and Va. blends.
Registration date: 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Costners Pipe in Hatfield & McCoys?   Thu May 31, 2012 1:36 pm

Brewdude wrote:
tech2576 wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
History Channel is one that I don't get on my basic cable bundle.

I'd love to see it.

Crying or Very sad


Cheers,

RR

Right hear -

http://www.history.com/shows/hatfields-and-mccoys/videos/hatfields-and-mccoys-part-1#hatfields-and-mccoys-part-1

Thanks but my computer cannot deal with videos. So no youtube for me!


And yes, I've tried.


No


Cheers,

RR

What! Your good old Commodore 64 that you upgraded to handle DOS won't play videos?!? I'd take it back and ask for a newer model! Laughing

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude



Number of posts: 5795
Age: 62
Location: Near the Emerald city
Tobacco: Va/VaPers mostly. Appreciate burley blends also. Latakia, not so much these days.
Pipe: I'm a "bent" kinda guy!
Registration date: 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Costners Pipe in Hatfield & McCoys?   Thu May 31, 2012 7:44 pm

Natch wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
tech2576 wrote:
Brewdude wrote:
History Channel is one that I don't get on my basic cable bundle.

I'd love to see it.

Crying or Very sad


Cheers,

RR

Right hear -

http://www.history.com/shows/hatfields-and-mccoys/videos/hatfields-and-mccoys-part-1#hatfields-and-mccoys-part-1

Thanks but my computer cannot deal with videos. So no youtube for me!


And yes, I've tried.


No


Cheers,

RR

What! Your good old Commodore 64 that you upgraded to handle DOS won't play videos?!? I'd take it back and ask for a newer model! Laughing

Natch

No. The problem seems to be my OS and flash compatibility. I'm not tech savvy at all, and a few local computer geeks couldn't get it to work. And I'm not inclined to switch my OS for various reasons.

I'm OK with this too. If I had access to youtube I'd spend even more time in front of this damn computer than I do now!

Razz


Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
puros_bran
Nightrider


Number of posts: 10160
Registration date: 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Costners Pipe in Hatfield & McCoys?   Thu May 31, 2012 11:31 pm

We mostly fight that feud on the basket ball court these days. But.

My mother and father split up when I was 2, mostly because of her disapproving parents and a man changed by a war he never wanted in a country called Vietnam. My mother met the brother of a friend named Jacob Hatfield and shortly there after he became my step father. Jacob was the grandson of Jonse Hatfield, the great grandson of the devil himself. I remember him as a giant of a man, loved children. Drank way to much and did enough drugs on a nightly basis to knock an elephant out (it wasn't as stigmatized back then). He had a very good job as some kind of miner in Colorado and he loved my momma. Unfortunately he WAS Jonse Hatfield grandson and liked the ladies a bit to much for my mothers liking. She left him in the middle of suicidal threats and acted like those other women so long ago and came back home to Kentucky after getting mixed up with those Hatfield. Ironically when we got home mom bought our furniture from McCoy's Furniture.


Tried to explain it to my son when we watched episode 3 last night. He kept asking which of the women were Mamaw Carol. At one point after being quite for a bit he said "mamaw married a killer!"

_________________
"Pacem en Puffing!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 

Costners Pipe in Hatfield & McCoys?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

 Similar topics

-
» Costners Pipe in Hatfield & McCoys?
» Devil Anse Pipe
» Hatfield & McCoy Devil Anse
» my pipe collection
» devil anse pipe?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar ::  :: -