HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Wed May 30, 2012 9:41 pm

Yup - just got let go this evening. I'll file for unemployment of course and start looking for a new job. Not upset, not the end of the world, shit happens, it'll turn out for the best - just the hassle of it all. Cool

On the down side - no PAD or TAD for me, at least not for a while anyway. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Wed May 30, 2012 9:45 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that, Rob. Don't you worry about PAD and TAD. I'm sure we brothers can keep you supplied. You like aros, right? Shoot me a pm and I'd be more than happy to ship you some Lane RLP6.

Hang in there buddy. I'm sure you'll be back to work in no time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com Online
DustyRoundup

Registration date : 2011-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Wed May 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Sorry to hear that Rob,

I wish you luck in finding a "Better Job"..

and ive got a bunch of Dunhill 965 if'n you want some Very Happy

Just jokin around. You just make sure you dont disappear on us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Wed May 30, 2012 10:08 pm

Thank you for the offer, Oscelot.

Dusty - this just means that i'll have more time to stir up hate and discontent on here. I'm not going anywhere!

I still don't think that I can top the amount of time and posts coming from Kyle though... Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Wed May 30, 2012 11:00 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:
Yup - just got let go this evening. I'll file for unemployment of course and start looking for a new job. Not upset, not the end of the world, shit happens, it'll turn out for the best - just the hassle of it all. Cool

On the down side - no PAD or TAD for me, at least not for a while anyway. Crying or Very sad

Very sorry to hear that. I've been laid -off for the past 18 mo's, just began picking up some contract work two mo's ago. I know and can feel your apprehension for sure Rolling Eyes At least your at an employable age Razz hang in there Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Wed May 30, 2012 11:01 pm

Not cool. Sad Those jerks let go a good dude.

You'll rebound soon. Cool If you need some bacca, we'll hook you up. And I WON'T send any Smoker's Pride.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Wed May 30, 2012 11:08 pm

Sorry for your troubles Rob. Good Karma will come around for you soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Wed May 30, 2012 11:17 pm

Aw man, I'm sorry to hear that! Their loss, dude!

I think your outlook is a good one. Another job'll come around surely, but the hassle is..... well.... a hassle! Evil or Very Mad

Hang in there, and we'll cheer ya on in the meantime!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Wed May 30, 2012 11:58 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
If you need some bacca, we'll hook you up. And I WON'T send any Smoker's Pride.

Yes you would, and I would deserve it. Very Happy

Thanks for the support, Brothers! I'll check in tomorrow. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Thu May 31, 2012 1:06 am

Rob_In_MO wrote:
Kyle Weiss wrote:
If you need some bacca, we'll hook you up. And I WON'T send any Smoker's Pride.

Yes you would, and I would deserve it. Very Happy

Okay. Maybe a little Smoker's Pride. cheers Since you insist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Thu May 31, 2012 1:11 am

Sorry to hear it brother. I have a bag of Super Value I can torment you with and a couple other blends of better toby I can ask the family to mail you if you get low. Just let me know. I hope the job search is a shirt yet rewarding one for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Thu May 31, 2012 1:21 am

Sorry, bro. My own job's been hanging by a thread for a while now. Sometimes I just wish they'd get it over with. Look on the bright side: You'll have more incentive now to give up soda. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Thu May 31, 2012 2:01 am

Man, I'm really sorry to hear that!
The squeeze is on over here in California too... pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Thu May 31, 2012 2:19 am

That's a bummer Rob, but you gotta look on the bright side. You have a great possibility to find better employment, with better job perks. Change can seem hard at first, but once you make the transition, you may find you are much happier and satisfied. The economy IS rebounding! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Thu May 31, 2012 7:49 am

Thanks for the offer, Kaiser, but doing alright now but i'll keep you in mind. SuperValu - pale Laughing

George - kind of how I felt. You're correct - now I have more time to make fresh-squeezed lemonade and Sun Tea.

Harlock - the squeeze is on everywhere it seems like, but like Ducth said - things are rebounding.

Dutch - it'll be in improvement, trust me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Doody

Registration date : 2012-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Thu May 31, 2012 8:56 am

don't let the bastards get ya down, rob!

doody.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Thu May 31, 2012 9:02 am

Rob,

Sorry to hear you lost your job. I hope you can find some peace as you're looking for your next one. I'll give you one tip that has always worked for me. Believe it or not, I've got most of my good jobs from Monster.com. I know, that place seems like a black hole, but I bagged HP and Xerox both from that site.

There's a trick to it though that has always worked for me. Upload your resume and post it public. I'm not sure what you do for a living, but if you're in sales like me you'll start getting crappy leads right away. Ignore those, but make sure to make at least one minor change to your resume every week. Every time you change it, it will get refreshed in the system. Some employers only search for the latest and greatest resumes. This way yours stays in front at the top so to speak.

It's worked for me for years.

Good luck.

Brian.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://GrowleyPipes.com
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Thu May 31, 2012 9:28 am

Nice tip, Growley! I'll keep that one in mind. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Thu May 31, 2012 11:30 am

Sorry to hear that, Rob! As all the other brother's have said, you'll get something better so keep your chin up. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Thu May 31, 2012 11:34 am

Monster was nothing but a spam generator for me--I think Monster works if you live in a big enough metropolitan/surrounding area kind of situation, but for me? In Reno? All there usually is on there are jobs for graveyard blackjack dealers, migrant sheet flippers (not kidding, saw an ad that said, in English, "need not speak English"), and box throwers.

I've gotten the best results from doin' it the old fashioned way--get good shoes, look good, go shake hands and turn in resumes. Small town--go fig'gur. Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIPIPE

Location : Setauket,Long Island and upstate Granville, New York
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Thu May 31, 2012 5:05 pm

Rob: Sorry to read the news. If it's any consolation to you, I too have been in your shoes several times and there is always the next job. Stay focused and don't let it get you down. My escape on two occasions was Federal employment with the IRS. Federal employment comes with health insurance and other good benefits. Check it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Thu May 31, 2012 5:11 pm

Thank You very much Marty. You consistently give sound advice - from a true Brother! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tech2576

Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Thu May 31, 2012 7:17 pm

Hang tough Rob, you are gonna be fine. Most of us have been there at one of time or another.
Not a zombie among us. Well ,maybe PB! Cool
You already have sound advice from others so, I wish you luck and a quick recovery from this little inconvenience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PhilD

Registration date : 2011-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Thu May 31, 2012 7:36 pm

Sorry to hear the news. Don't let this get you down. You are a friendly, thoughtful and knowledgeable person as demonstrated in your posts on this forum. These are all traits that employers are looking for in their personnel. I'm sure that you will find a job that will be a wonderful fit for you.

Phil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...   Thu May 31, 2012 8:34 pm

Good luck my friend, I'm sure you won't be looking for employment long, there's always a place for a good man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Just got fired. No PAD or TAD for a while...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next