HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:54 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Ouch! That picture of the Pope next to him is...'disturbing'!

Yeah, it never ceases to amaze me - the lengths some people will go to...

lol!

Last edited by Rob_In_MO on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:23 am

DrT999 wrote:
Glad to know the PO got it at least half right! From NC to MA to NH . . . who can tell when my bomb will arrive! affraid

just trying to rebuild anticipation!

Hurrah, the package is finally in the right state! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:44 am

DrT999 wrote:
DrT999 wrote:
Glad to know the PO got it at least half right! From NC to MA to NH . . . who can tell when my bomb will arrive! affraid

Yeah, mine too. Man, the USPS is slow this month. Normally a couple of packages arrive early, but this is a record for lateness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:47 am

Rob_In_MO wrote:
DrT999 wrote:
DrT999 wrote:

Yeah, mine too. Man, the USPS is slow this month. Normally a couple of packages arrive early, but this is a record for lateness.

Maybe a lot of folks are doing 'Christmas in July' this year, overloading the system?

Nah. . . . probably just the usual efficiency of the US mail Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:15 pm

Weall, to be fair I've had 'Brown' do exactly the same thing...the tortuous whirlwind tour of the USA...then finally hitting the target 2-3 days later than first promised. Certainly not ideal, but so long as the target is maimed beyond recognition under a cloud of firey carnage...we should be happy.

First BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:23 pm

I'm pretty sure it's everyone bumping seniority and taking vacations all at once. Not kidding. They can't do it in winter (near real Christmas).

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:33 pm

Alright, fellas. Fair warning. If there are any bombs falling today, I'm not gonna know it until after midnight. Getting home late tonight. See you here tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fishfuzz

Registration date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:36 pm

Finally, my bomb arrived in the right town this am. Hopefully for delivery today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:45 pm

These late boxes and such are well timed tragi-comedic genius...like when the star of a movie takes a fall and there's a huge crash off screen...everyone wincing as the giant crash occurs...then there's a secondary crash, causing everyone of wince again. Finally, after a delay, the timing and length of which can make or break the thing...there might be one or even more late, small or teensie crash sounds which play to comedy.

These late hits are an excellent addition to the bombing as they draw out the drama and keep the fires burning LONG after they would have if everything would have hit in a single conflagration.

Excellent! EX-cellent!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fishfuzz

Registration date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:18 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:21 pm

Is there any truth to the rumor that the Dept. of Homeland Security has been viewing and reviewing the posts in this thread...and are scared shitless? affraid

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:22 pm

That's assuming the DHS can actually read. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:33 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
That's assuming the DHS can actually read. Cool

How true!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarMyFriend

Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:15 pm

I got my last two packages!!! I can't get a photo of my goodies yet, but I got an AWESOME kaywoodie lighter, more delicious smelling tobacco, some pipe magazines, a beautiful medico pipe, and a sweet leather pipe stand!!! Phew... I'm glad that carnage is over... 10 packages in total! That was amazing! You guys rock!!!
Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:03 pm

Gentlemen I can virtually guarantee DHS has seen your posts. All communications are analyzed by computer these days and anything that is deemed suspicious by the program is flagged for review by humans.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:41 pm

huffelpuff wrote:
Gentlemen I can virtually guarantee DHS has seen your posts. All communications are analyzed by computer these days and anything that is deemed suspicious by the program is flagged for review by humans.

Jim

Absolutely, they're wise to our Bombing Missions. Emails, Text Messages, Phone Calls, you name it. Everything is scanned without the general public even knowing it. It's system is programmed to pick up on certain keywords and combinations of those keywords. Face it, we talk about bombing and air strikes more often than Al-Qaeda. Naturally that's going to attract attention, though upon further investigation they probably just laughed. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:29 pm

Well, sounds like Zach got the rest of his bombs (or at least he thinks that's all).

I wonder how George fared today?
Guess we'll find out either late tonight or tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:59 pm

Well my bomb, according to ups has been delivered. Excellent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:12 pm

Heh, heh, heh.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theophilus

Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:04 am

My package is FINALLY in the right state. It should be delivered tomorrow at some point. The smart bomb I launched must have traveled around the earth a few times by now. dang GPS...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:35 am

More unexpected fallout from this round:
I came home tonight to find two more packages in the foyer. Pics on the way, but one I need to mention now was from Oregon. This one looked like a booby-trapped "dirty" bomb, (there was glitter in the packing tape), so I took it onto the porch to defuse it, where I found an old friend from Oregon waiting for me to get home. That's not a metaphor or innuendo. I mean an actual person I haven't seen about two years. She was moving to Nashville and stopped by to see friends and family in Michigan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theophilus

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:32 am

On truck for delivery as of 6:36am today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:51 am

Theophilus wrote:
On truck for delivery as of 6:36am today.

Mine finally arrived in the right town this morning (at 6:21 am local time); no clue if it will be going out today or tomorrow....
Back to top Go down
Theophilus

PostSubject: Re: July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!   Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:23 am

DELIVERED!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

July Bombing...a Red, White and Blue Extravaganza!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next