HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

I just survived my 5th heart attack!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
williamcharles

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:36 pm

Went into the hospital last Sunday. They rushed me from there to a hospital that specializes in heart problems (St. Vincents). They opened the clogged artery and placed stents number 8 & 9. I got home yesterday. Got some catch up reading to do. I'll have to do it later. I'm bushed. Ya'll take care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:40 pm

Shocked

Glad the procedure was successful.

Take care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:54 pm

Goodness! Shocked

I'm glad to hear that you are okay. Please get some rest and take care of yourself!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com Online
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:59 pm

Glad everything went well during the operation and here's wishing you a speedy recovery!

Rob
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fishfuzz

Registration date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:52 pm

Gads! Happy to hear you are okay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:00 pm

Glad to hear you're ok. Rest up and feel better soon.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:51 pm

Get your rest brother, glad you made it out okay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:35 pm

YIKES! Glad to hear you're OK brother.

5th one? GeezeLouize!

Did they tell you anything about smoking?

Shocked

Hang in there bud!

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:43 pm

Glad to hear you're recovering!! Shocked

I hate to even say it (ignore me if you get offended), but what does your physician say about smoking?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:22 pm

All the best William!! I hope you have a speedy recovery!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
williamcharles

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:46 pm

To answer a couple questions: the docs said to stop smoking even if it's a pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:01 pm

Best to you and hopefully a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarMyFriend

Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:11 pm

HOLY Shocked !!!
Well if 1-4 were a breeze, why not number 5?
I hope you have a quick recovery... Smoke a pipe or two, slowly.
Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
williamcharles

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:02 pm

Zach, the fourth MI was the worse one so far. I had a hell of a blood clot in an artery (right descending) that took the "clot buster" 2 hours to eat it's way through. It usually takes 15-20 minutes. They tell me I died but that three angels of mercy brought me back. I awoke with a pretty lady sitting astraddle of my chest gently slapping me and screaming "Wake up, wake up!". That MI ended up with a triple bypass. This one is taking a while to recover from. I feel weak as a sick kitten. It reminds me of politics (it sucks).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:25 pm

They say a man's heart get's weaker with each heart attack. You must be a tough old bird, with a very strong will!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
williamcharles

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:54 pm

Dutch wrote:
They say a man's heart get's weaker with each heart attack. You must be a tough old bird, with a very strong will!

I can only hope so. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
earl

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:57 pm

williamcharles wrote:
Went into the hospital last Sunday. They rushed me from there to a hospital that specializes in heart problems (St. Vincents). They opened the clogged artery and placed stents number 8 & 9. I got home yesterday. Got some catch up reading to do. I'll have to do it later. I'm bushed. Ya'll take care.

Glad it turned out OK for ya. Have had 9 stents myself. Doc says if I need anything further, it will be by-pass, which freaks me a bit. Wants me to give up the pipe but I'm not ready to do that despite wearing nitro patches and popping the occasional nitro pill. earl
Back to top Go down
View user profile
williamcharles

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:45 pm

earl wrote:
williamcharles wrote:

Glad it turned out OK for ya. Have had 9 stents myself. Doc says if I need anything further, it will be by-pass, which freaks me a bit. Wants me to give up the pipe but I'm not ready to do that despite wearing nitro patches and popping the occasional nitro pill. earl

I hear ya Earl. Don't let the rest of this scare you off in case you need a bypass.
A bypass can be a real bitch. When they did mine I went into ARDS (drowning in fluids collecting in my lungs) and almost died from that and then two weeks later the doc had to drain 1.5 liters of fluid from between my lungs and the pleura.

DON'T let that scare you! It doesn't happen to most people. Just the ones who grab the brass ring.
If you need a bypass, go for it. Beats hell out of the alternative.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:03 am

Get well Chuck...don't let that hospital policy of "no smoking" get you down, just find a place outside the cameras can't catch ya. Twisted Evil Empathizing with your situation more than you know...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:07 am

Scary news William...stay strong.
Richard Lloyd of Television...he's still around...

Last edited by Harlock999 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:18 pm

Harlock999 wrote:
Scary new William...stay strong.
Richard Lloyd of Television...he's still around...

I love Television. I love you My kind of scum, those guys. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J Soshae

Registration date : 2011-08-19

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:20 pm

I have seen this done with oxygen tanks. bom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alfredo_buscatti

Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:06 am

wc, ain't it a bitch, just when you get a lifetime supply of Dark Plug, time catches up with ya! live long and prosper! i'll chant for you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
williamcharles

PostSubject: Re: I just survived my 5th heart attack!   Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:51 pm

alfredo_buscatti wrote:
wc, ain't it a bitch, just when you get a lifetime supply of Dark Plug, time catches up with ya! live long and prosper! i'll chant for you!

It sure is! Enjoyin hell out of that Dark Plug. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re:I just survived my 5th heart attack   Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:26 pm

William I'm glad you are ok - must (even with 4 preceding MI's) have been a scary event.

....and still enjoying the baccy - inspirational!

I hope you recover quickly.

Best wishes

Jers

Last edited by Jers on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I just survived my 5th heart attack!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next