HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Bad Back

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Bad Back   Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Well it has been awhile but I did it again. Through out my lower back. Pulled muscle. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Haven't exercised in a while. So I hobbled around and got my laptop, my pipe implements and headed out to the ardirondak chair on the back deck and try and replace this feeling of pain with one of pleasure with a bowl of St. James Woods.

Hope everyone's weekend ended better then mine!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://geoffcorey.github.io
GeoffC

PostSubject: Re: Bad Back   Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:50 am

So it has been an odd week. Back muscle healed up by Wednesday, then on Thursday morning I noticed I had no sensory feeling below my right knee. Very discomforting. Called my sister, the quack in the family, and said I had likely injured my knee the same time I did my back and that the swelling in the knee is pushing against the sensory nerve. So yesterday I hit 1000mg of motrin and got some sensation back and did then alieve last night. Not a 100% so if this keeps up I guess I will have to hit the doctor.
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Bad Back   Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:01 am

Dang - that is not fun at all. I hurt my back several years ago. I have no problems with it now, I just have to watch how and how much I lift.

Hope this gets better for you, Brother!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Bad Back   Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:14 pm

Sorry you hurt your back. I used to pull mine pretty easily until I started Yoga. There, I said it. I've been known to do Yoga. But, it was P90x Yoga if that makes it any more manly. Very Happy

It really helps though.

Swift recovery brother.

Brian.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://GrowleyPipes.com
Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Bad back   Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:42 am

I miss yoga more than just about anything else at present. I took up Yoga a few years ago following a nasty sports injury and have several times preached its benefits for to some of my friends who suffer bad backs.

It's all cool Growley - classes filled with beautiful, friendly people.....and like yourself I ended up gravitating towards more aggressive, 'manly' style, Ashtanga yoga.

Just try and stay away from the Granny classes - they aren't terribly exciting and the old dolls tend to fart quite a lot (all farts aren't great but old lady ones are the worst! I mean ladies normally shouldn't fart in public - so that leads to embarrassment for them. Then there's the smell......you end up looking at them thinking “What the hell are they feeding you Grandma?"

BTW I was injured in work last year and I'm waiting to go into hospital for some fairly intense foot/ankle surgery. I'm stuck at home unable to exercise and I get to thinking what's gonna give me the same sort of contemplative, meditative vibe that I got from Yoga........answer was pipe smoking! (well, to be honest.....pipe smoking and strong opiate medications).

I hope you heal up soon brother

Namaste

Jers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Bad Back   Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:53 am

Sorry to hear about your back mate, I know back issues can be hellish. I hope everything goes back where its supposed to be soon and lets you get on with your life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Bad Back   Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:43 pm

I train in Aikido for the specific reason I have a bad back. There's more stretching, falling, twisting and turning than I can shake a stick at (and I do, they're sticks called "bokken" Laughing )...exercise is the key. I've heard just walking an hour a day can strengthen a back. Working at UPS and genetics really did a number on me.

I once was laid-up for three days because I wrenched my back cleaning my refrigerator. The crisper, to be exact. Another time I was just tying my shoes. Never is it for some awesome, epic reason, just mundane crap. Does a number on the pride.

Get better.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GeoffC

PostSubject: Re: Bad Back   Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:00 pm

Well I dropped 1000mg of advil and got my feeling back in my lower right leg. I'm not in the best of shape and I will probably do this Rotisserie Workout Functional Core Workout followed by Five Tibetan Rites yoga. Pretty low impact stuff so I pretty sure I can handle it. Not planning on joining Cirque de Solea anytime soon.
Back to top Go down

Bad Back
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1