HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

A pipe with a brother

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kieveryuu

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: A pipe with a brother   Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:29 am

This evening I enjoyed a pleasant evening hanging out with my good friend Dreadgerbil. Made salmon burgers, before heading down to one of the nice little hole-in-the-wall pubs. After two fantastic English beers, we headed to the garden and smoked pipes. I chose my largest Shalom with a brandy shaped bowl and stuffed it with highland whiskey. Our conversation moved from the news of the world to personal experiences and everything in-between. Really, there are few better ways to spend and evening.

Anyway, it just struck me this evening, in that way that obvious things sometimes just sink in with all their weight at once, that I am moving to the other side of the country this month and such an evening will become something of the past. Not that I do not expect to meet and spend time with people in Boston, but I will miss spending time with those friends I have made here over the last several years.

Just another ramble from me, which, you know, is still shorter than one of Kyles famous rambles - thanks for listening. You all know what it is to have a smoking companion, that guy you can talk with about anything and everything, and can therefore appreciate what I have poorly expressed in this post. Tonight. When I should already be asleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://type29a.com
Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: A pipe with a brother   Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:19 pm

Man, those are some great times and hard to come by sometimes. I hear what you're saying about missing them when you move. Out of all the things that are exciting to do in life, one of my absolute favorite things to do is sit down with a good friend, or even a new friend with a scotch a pipe and a comfortable chair over some great conversation. Priceless.

CS Lewis and those guys used to go chill in pubs with pipes and ale and talk about all kinds of things. For them it wasn't about getting smashed or crazy, it was simple friendship and great conversation. I would love to have been a part of that. Alas, these days it seems all my good friends are people I've never met in person, people on line. While I value those relationships a bunch, it would just be better if we could go hang out over a pipe.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://GrowleyPipes.com
kieveryuu

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: A pipe with a brother   Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:39 pm

Growley, too true. Looking forward to meeting some of the brothers who live in the Boston area, will miss my friends here. Either way the experiences will be made with a pipe, a drink and good conversation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://type29a.com
Dreadgerbil

Registration date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: A pipe with a brother   Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:07 am

You're an awesome man and will be sorely missed. The lovely wife and I will just have to visit you when you least expect it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: A pipe with a brother   Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:25 am

The fact the Brothers aren't just "Internet only" is something truly remarkable. Very cool you two could hang out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

A pipe with a brother
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1