HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What do your wives think of pipe smoking?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
abdthi

Registration date : 2012-07-30

PostSubject: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:02 pm

What do your wife's think of you pipe smoking?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:37 pm

My wife (or more precisely, my wife to be in about 30 hours) loves it when I smoke a pipe. Even the non-aromatic blends. She's the tops!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
abdthi

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:57 pm

Cool, im currently dating a wonderful girl but wasn't sure how to tell her. Because people always put pipe smoking in the same category as cigarettes. And if your well learned about the subject theirs a significant difference. So much infact that some pipe smokers are proven to live longer then non-pipe smokers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ua_piper

Registration date : 2009-12-02

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:06 pm

My wife enjoys and even has a few pipes of her own that she smokes on occasion. She also tends to cause me to spend more money in the B&Ms when she's with me. Of course I don't complain about that at all.

Do you know if your girl has any issues with other types of smoking? Cigars or cigs in general? If she does try to figure out what she doesn't like about them. Could be just the smell, which there is an easy pipe fix for. My wife couldn't stand cigars when we first met but after a couple of years she started enjoying them with me and then she started this dangerous path into the pipe world with me on the very weekend that I proposed.

Good Luck with it, she may surprise you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:14 pm

The missus isn't particularly fond of pipes and/or cigars, but holds them in a much higher regard than cigarettes...I'm allowed to smoke in my basement, and not relegated to the outdoors year-round, so I don't have much to complain about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:10 pm

I'll have to make a point of asking her some day. Laughing

Just kidding. We were both cigarette smokers when we
met and quit together when we chose to procreate. (1/1/79)
I started smoking cigars (she didn't). After thirty years
of cigar smoking, I finally discovered pipes. She is
one of the few wives I've heard about that prefers
it when I smoke cigars. I usually don't get any grief
unless the wind is easterly and fights my window fan.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:32 pm

Mine is great. Prefers Lat blends of all things! Likes cigars too. Like might actually be a little strong, but very tolerant might be more accurate. In the summer she often sits on the deck with me while I smoke one or the other. She won't hang out with me in my little shop in the basement (where I smoke in the winter), but she has happily accompanied me to numerous cigar bars. Shes even been known to pick me up a little something if she wonders past a tobacco shop.

Neither of us smoke cigarettes. My MIL does, and my wife absolutely hates it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
abdthi

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:05 pm

She's completely against cigarettes. Her father smokes a pipe, so i have a good chance. She just worries alot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wet Dottle

Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:24 pm

My wife was always fine with it. Actually, she gave me a pipe when we were dating. She doesn't smoke, but doesn't mind if I smoke near her as long as it smells decent (most latakia blends don't, according to her). She belongs to the anti-smoking Taliban, though...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
abdthi

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:57 pm

Thanks for all the great info guys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:24 pm

Mostly smoke aromatics so no complaint from my wife. I'm renting so its all out side. Have got the "smells like horse crap" comment when I smoke Lat blends though! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:26 pm

My former 3 wives liked pipe smoking much better than my smoking cigars, but all HATED my 759, 965 and other Balkan blends I smoked at the time. Been single for almost 20 years now and my 4 kittehs just LOVE my Va's AND my Balkan blends Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J Soshae

Registration date : 2011-08-19

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:56 pm

My wife does not care for it. I only smoke outside. She did buy me a pipe for christmas. She said the smell of the pipe store gave her a headache.

After I smoke, I have to take a shower and brush my teeth in order to get sugar. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:33 pm

No pictures? Come on people! This is in the photo gallery!

When I pipe smoke, I smoke here:

There are no complaints of the smell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
abdthi

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:44 pm

It seems to me that a nice leather chair. With some classical music playing in the back ground is about right for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:52 pm

Good to hear so many wives support and actually enjoy the hobby!

I smoke all over the house... In the kitchen while I'm cooking, in the laundry room, the living room, the bathroom, and I do most of my smoking right next to the bed. My end table has my pipe rack and ashtray. She says that when I'm smoking at night it helps her sleep! Like incense or something. She likes VAper and Va the most. Escudo, Haddos, etc.

Whenever I smoke Latakia (not very often) she says it bothers her nose lol she must be allergic!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:36 am

My wife didn't mind the rare cigar I smoked, but doesn't like that I've gone back to regular pipe smoking. On the other hand, she's in New Orleans and I'm in North Carolina most of the time Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:35 pm

J Soshae wrote:

After I smoke, I have to take a shower and brush my teeth in order to get sugar. Wink

This made me laugh - I've suffered similar experiences!

My wife detests me smoking a pipe and my daughter belongs to the aforementioned anti-smoking Taliban - it's pipe smoking in the garden or garage only. The garage isn't so bad - I have a seat and footstool set up beside the beer fridge.

Fraternally

Jers

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:43 pm

No woman no cry...

Cool

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
GeoffC

Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:40 am

Been smoking cigars and pipes in the house since we were married. Coming up on 17 years next month. She does prefer me smoking a pipe over cigars but never complains, just compliments the pipe when I smoke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://geoffcorey.github.io
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:05 pm

Been married 16 years, smoked a pipe for 26. She knew about my pipes since we first met 21 years ago. I have always smoked outside by my choice. She will often come out and sit with me and likes the smell of the smoke on me. She absolutely hates cig. smoke. Usually she is the one that picks out the tobacco to be purchased. She however is not good for comments on room note. It all smells like tobacco to her. All in all I'd say she's a keeper.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:22 pm

huffelpuff wrote:
likes the smell of the smoke on me.
Jim

I get that too. She's not fond of the smell of the smoke in the air, but finds some blends much more agreeable when she smells it on my clothes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:06 pm

My husband smokes cigars on the patio or in the garage and pipes in the house. Cigars tend to leave a "stale" smell after a while. I love pipe tobacco and have never complained about him smoking inside. Afterall, I got into carving pipes because he decided he wanted to start smoking pipes about 6 months ago. I, however, am not the typical wife on many levels. I like sports more than he does (i'm also better at most of them...his mom didn't let him play any) and have always been a tomboy....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com
dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:33 pm

No wife = no problem. But my girlfriend doesn't seem to mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dshpipes.com
calipuffer

Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:56 pm

My wife is not a fan. I've been given the "you didn't smoke so much when we met" phrase a few times. I do have a place outside the house where I can smoke in comfort and then get showered up on return.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What do your wives think of pipe smoking?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next