HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What do your wives think of pipe smoking?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:02 am

My wife hates it. I get the most complaints when I smoke anything with latakia or burley, especially Aged Burley Flake, Storm Front, Billy Budd and Penzance. She likes the smell of Cumberland and Virginia Woods but all the same she'd prefer that I didn't smoke at all. She loathes cigar smoke. I never smoke in the house. Actually, I prefer not to anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:12 am

*shrug* I'm in a fortunate relationship where we both go out for a pipe once in a while. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:21 am

Mine went to a B&M not long back and sent me pics of their pipe display, granted she didn't buy one, but she did go in there for me. I don't smoke in the apt when I am home, but she knows when we buy a house I will have a room that is all mine and in it will be pipes and guns and I will smoke to my hearts content in it. I do plan on installing one heck of a filter system though to that room (probably an addition or loft above MY garage). She's the scrapbooking type so she gets a craft room too. But cigs = EVIL to which I agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scot's

Registration date : 2012-07-05

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:55 am

My girl smokes cigarettes and now and again when I am to lazy to make up a pipe I'll have a one too. She loves the smell of fine aged tobaccos and her favs are Presbyterian, anything with Cyprian in it, Balkans and surprisingly, Irish Flake. A portion of my pipe collection came from her dad when he quit so she is no stranger to the pipe. Smoking in the house is preferable so she can smell it... I'm good with that...

Scott
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul 2.0

Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:44 pm

Pretty fortunate, the wife loves the pipe. Not crazy over straight va's though, loves the lats and turkish etc. Love that woman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slide

Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:01 pm

When I first met my wife I smoked cigarettes and pipes. Quit the cigarettes and kept the pipe. I put down the pipe for a while as well.

When I started smoking it again she made a comment about it. I told her studies show that pipe smokers out live non-smokers by two years and I wanted to spend as much time with her in this life as I could Very Happy

She said I was full of it but she was smiling when she said it cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:56 pm

What do my wives think about pipe smoking? Shocked

Sorry Brother, only one wife. I couldn't afford another one anyway.

She doesn't care for smoking in general, coming from a family of cigarette smokers. She tolerates my pipe because it smells much better than cigarettes. To keep the peace I do take my cigars outside....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
christeaux

Registration date : 2011-12-09

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:23 pm

My wife likes that I smoke pipes and encourages me to smoke. Right now she is sitting with me while a smoke a little nightcap in my living room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
winterland

Registration date : 2012-08-09

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:14 pm

She has tolerated it so far. Only had complaints when she is moody. You know how woman get. Wink
I have her smell the tobacco I get to see what she smells in it. Always good till it's a lat blend. Then eww.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trumpetdoug

Registration date : 2016-02-16

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:07 pm

My first post on with this wonderful group. cheers

My wife loves the smell of a pipe and she has no problem with me having a bowl in the house. She does not fancy the opinion if I want a cigar though.

Doug - out

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:33 pm

Brewdude wrote:
No woman no cry...

Cool

Cheers,

RR

Just to reiterate my position.....

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Fr_Tom

Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:16 pm

My wife likes it. Sometimes in the car she will ask me to crack her window instead of mine so she can smell it. I smoke in the house and in the office at work because I am an anachronism.

I have a daughter who really likes blends with orientals. I have another daughter who does not approve of smoking in general.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/user/14371
Cartaphilus

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:49 am

"What do your wives think of pipe smoking?"

Well, Firstly I've only had one at a time.......Thank God! 5)
And secondly........Who cares? I've never told her what she can or can not do.
And she's an EX by the way.........Thank God again.

Now if you were to ask my daughter, she'd probably say she likes my pipes and leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rdpipes.briar.club/ Online
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:04 am

Ahhh, Zombie thread.. Smile

3 and a half years later and my wife still doesn't approve. Oh well. Smoke what you like, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ontariopiper

Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:17 am

My wife is firmly in the No-Smoking camp. I quit cigarettes when I met her (I enjoyed the kisses more than the nicotine). Had a pipe back then too, but quit everything then came back to the pipe a few years ago. Wife's not thrilled but has made a sort of peace with it. I don't hide my pipe smoking, but I don't smoke around her or my kids and always outside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dadspipes.com
Gonzo

Registration date : 2015-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:37 pm

Mine would rather I not smoke anything, but isn't a nag about my pipes. She even buys tobacco occasionally for birthday gifts etc. She doesn't care for the lat blends, and after a brief honeymoon period with lats I don't really get into em myself. For an ex cig smoker she is very tolerant of my collection and smoking. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.etsy.com/shop/GonzoArtCollective?ref=hdr_shop_menu
joshoowah

Registration date : 2011-09-24

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:41 pm

My wife likes the smell. She even tried it once or twice because she knows I love it. It wasn't for her. Luckily, she doesn't mind that I do it. She worries for my health though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

Registration date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:07 pm

Depends, mainly on what mood my good lady is in.

I only ever smoke outside. Sometimes it will evoke a 'yuck' and other times I'll get 'blow some of that my way'. The later is normally when we're getting eaten by midges (little biting critters) when we're at the outlaws' place in the mountains in Wales.

And sometimes she'll prompt me even before the thought of having a pipe has crossed my mind. We'll sit on the garden bench together, sharing a glass of wine amongst wisps of a favourite blend.

Yup, depends what mood she's in. Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AJ

Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:16 pm

I smoke in my house, car, or wherevever I am and though she'd prefer I didn't smoke at all she doesn't nag or gripe about it. Wouldn't do any good if she did. Smile

AJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CharlG

Registration date : 2012-01-26

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:11 am

Stick, I think that about sums it up: "It depends on what mood she's in!" Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.goussardpipes.com/
Stick

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:41 pm

CharlG wrote:
Stick, I think that about sums it up: "It depends on what mood she's in!" Laughing

Amen Brother. Amen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:04 pm

My wife thinks it's great, and she actually buys me more pipes than I buy myself. She used to go to Paul's Pipe Shop in Flint almost daily to be taught about pipes and tobacco by Paul himself, back in the 70's. She would go there after her work and talk to Paul while she waited for me to get out of work and stop to pick her up. We just had our 46th wedding anniversary and she still enjoys a trip to Paul's to talk to his kids, Dan and Jan who now run the store. And to look at pipes, of course. She has already done some early Christmas shopping there!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Burley

Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:43 am

Buckshot wrote:
My wife thinks it's great, and she actually buys me more pipes than I buy myself.  She used to go to Paul's Pipe Shop in Flint almost daily to be taught about pipes and tobacco by Paul himself, back in the 70's.  She would go there after her work and talk to Paul while she waited for me to get out of work and stop to pick her up.  We just had our 46th wedding anniversary and she still enjoys a trip to Paul's to talk to his kids, Dan and Jan who now run the store.  And to look at pipes, of course.  She has already done some early Christmas shopping there!

Clone that woman!  Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stick

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:49 am

Buckshot wrote:
My wife thinks it's great, and she actually buys me more pipes than I buy myself.  She used to go to Paul's Pipe Shop in Flint almost daily to be taught about pipes and tobacco by Paul himself, back in the 70's.  She would go there after her work and talk to Paul while she waited for me to get out of work and stop to pick her up.  We just had our 46th wedding anniversary and she still enjoys a trip to Paul's to talk to his kids, Dan and Jan who now run the store.  And to look at pipes, of course.  She has already done some early Christmas shopping there!

Gosh, until I read this I wouldn't have thought it possible.

I will personally see to it that this fine lady gets a mention in Dispatches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Old Nate
Not Really Old

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:05 pm

She hates it! If I happen to break the pipe out two nights in a row I get a heavy eye roll, some kind of a guilt trip, and a, "really, again!? Two nights in a row... you're addicted!"

And always asked to shower after...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What do your wives think of pipe smoking?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2