HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What do your wives think of pipe smoking?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
pipetrepid

Registration date : 2015-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:59 pm

she has no problem at all! bill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ontariopiper

Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:26 am

Thought I'd update since my previous reply to this thread. My wife has gone from giving me dark looks when I grab a pipe to encouraging me to add pipes to the collection! Must be psychological trauma from living with me too long..... lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dadspipes.com
huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:05 pm

Charles, I doubt she's trying to kill you off lol. More likely is you have found a blend or two that she secretly enjoys the smell of. Couple that with the obvious enjoyment you get from your pipes. I think you may have won a convert.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sharpshooter

Registration date : 2017-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:40 pm

Not married so no wife to answer to or apologize for being myself! One learns fast from a mistake. Your always there when they need you but if/when the table turns.... boy can they run....lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fazby

Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:54 pm

As long as she doesn't have to smell the smoke, which bothers her, she tolerates me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corncobcon

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:16 pm

The only places I smoke are either in the garage, in my man cave with the exhaust fan on, or outside on the patio. I don't smoke in the main part of the house. I know she doesn't like it or like me smoking but she puts up with it. She usually has a little dig every now and then like..."What's burning?" or "Hey Stinky I know you are down there!" Otherwise, she doesn't complain about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Simple Man

Registration date : 2011-10-24

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:23 pm

I smoke indoors during the day while my wife is at work. Before she gets home I'll do a bit o' cleaning, light a wax melt, and start supper. She seldom notices the pipe smoke and if she does she doesn't say anything because I have the house so welcoming for her. In the evening I smoke on the porch. She actually doesn't mind the smell of pipe smoke though unless it becomes too much (think Sherlock Holmes).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Navyflake

Registration date : 2017-06-01

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:15 pm

My bride of 34 years is supportive. I normally smoke outdoors but she has never once, complained about my hobby. She knows full well that smoking a pipe helps me to relax.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Navyflake
daveinlax

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:09 am

WoW zombie thread. Where did all those guys go!

mrslax puts up with it and takes some pride in the collection. Moderation is the key to a happy pipe friendly home. Since the kids are grown she goes to many pipe show with me every year. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JPatrick

Registration date : 2013-03-25

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:56 pm

My wife has never said anything one way or another, but Ive been smoking since we met 20 years ago. I smoke inside and every once in awhile she will tell me something doesn't smell too good, but its rare. I don't branch out too much from my regular tobaccos
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinM

Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:13 am

She’s not crazy about it, but fact is of all the “bad habits” a gentleman of a certain vintage could come down with, pipe smoking is among the least objectionable and least expensive. I almost always smoke outside. I find it very, very calming. I enjoy sitting on the bench under my maple trees smoking and chatting with passers by, dog walkers, new and old neighbors ... I’m indifferent to objections from adult non-smokers and have pretty much mastered the silent glower. I avoid smoking around youngsters. Hey, if a guy has footed family bills for nearly fifty years he gradually leaves behind the obligation to explain everything he does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:26 am

[quote="KevinM". Hey, if a guy has footed family bills for nearly fifty years he gradually leaves behind the obligation to explain everything he does.[/quote]

AMEN to that !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dottleman

Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:10 pm

I've been blessed with a wife who really enjoys my pipe smoking - even the Lat blends I favor. I won the marital lottery in that regard!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ak2000

Registration date : 2017-10-15

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:03 pm

The wife hates it! I smoke cigars every day in the man cave which is the basement/family room and it has an exhaust fan, but the pipe smoke "makes her sick". Go figure. Too cold around these parts to smoke in the garage or outside at this time of year, so my pipe smoking is limited to my office for a while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.alphaprimecomm.com
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:24 am

She Who Must Be Obeyed puts up with it, as she knows it keeps me from becoming the psychotic axe murdered that I really am. Twisted Evil   However, I never smoke indoors.  I have a nice bit of woods behind the house with several fire-pits to sit by in colder weather.  

Also, for several of you that indicated that it's hard to smoke in cold weather, look up my How I Smoke in Cold Weather post of 1/1/13 for some ideas.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sorringowl

Registration date : 2010-08-08

PostSubject: Re: What do your wives think of pipe smoking?   Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:06 pm

I'm blessed to have a spouse that enjoys the smell of pipe tobacco. Or, I should say, most pipe tobacco. Some of my stronger English blends can be a bit much for her, but, all in all, she's pretty tolerant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Sorringowlandsons.com

What do your wives think of pipe smoking?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3