HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission   Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:52 am

Dave_In_Philly wrote:
Also, some funny guy thought to send a picture of Cindy Crosby tonguing the Stanley Cup…seems he thought we, here in Philly, may have forgotten what the Stanley Cup looks like... Love you too Mo. Wink

Anytime buddy!! Go Pens!! Razz Razz

PS: Happy smoking!! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission   Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:53 am

EC did ya get my goods?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission   Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:32 pm

Whoa! Awesome haul there Dave! cheers cheers cheers

Well done everyone!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DustyRoundup

Registration date : 2011-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission   Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:11 pm

Hmm ???????????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission   Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:02 am

Major Announcement

Significant Shift in BoB Bomber Squadron Mission Protocol

Don't Tell Me You Didn't Read This

OK Pilots...here it is:

Beginning with the September mission there will be a monitary ceiling placed on any and all 'out of pocket' purchases used as your bomb! This is effective for the September, October and November missions. I've had a fair number of pilots PM me with concerns regarding costs and all leading up to the December holidays...so that's what's gonna happen to help keep things down. I don't want to disallow anyone from having fun...so I'll allow a limit of $20. This will give someone an adaquate amount to work with if there wanted to do something like order a tin of some blend and pay for shipping to them, etc. The limit does not include postage for the bombs. I wanted to set the level at $10, but that wouldn't buy much of anything in today's market. I would actiually prefer the use of one's own holdings to honor a bro...but then some of the guys are new and have limited cellars. This would be a good opportunity to get in the habit of researching the target and finding things that you believe would have 'meaning' to them. I still remember the framed thing one of you did with the target's grandfather's thing in it. That was really epic...and in the best way possible.

Also, there are a very few pilots that due to geographical circumstances, etc. have little choice other than buying and having items sent by the vendor. Those few have 'immunity' from the imposed ceiling.

What about December? I don't know about anyone else, but to me that'll be perhaps the most important mission of the year...given the obvious holiday proximities, etc. and I'm really looking forward to it...planning something special. So the design of the December mission will be...shall we say, unique. Special in what way, you ask. Wouldn't you like to know. Evil or Very Mad

And as always...feedback is welcome. Not that it'll change anything! lol

First BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission   Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:19 am

Hey BH, I'm back from the great beyond, reporting for September duty. Great missions flight crews, those targets took some serious damage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission   Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:53 am

So with this immunity do we get an "Immunity Idol" like on Survivor? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission   Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:14 am

Stepped on a land mine:

*The bomber shipped this with more than enough time to make it here by last Friday - but thanks to the wonders of the Philadelphia Postal Services (see my previous threads, there are several) it didn't detonate until Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission   Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:19 am

Just making sure I understand the new rules:

We can send what we want if we already have it, but should only spend $20 or less on new stuff?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission   Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:19 am

Doc...you are correct sir. Of course, there's no way to enforce this...so it's an honor system.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EC Outlaw

Registration date : 2011-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission   Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:52 pm

Well, I'm back from my Civil War sites tour of northern Virginia. Bike is unloaded, dirty laundry in the hamper, and a quick meal.

A second wave came through and 'bounced the rubble' in my absence. (Absent again, spouse is not as upset this time, I told her there would probably be some late ones!)

Pictures tomorrow. My apologies to the pilots of the second strike for having to wait so long for recon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DustyRoundup

Registration date : 2011-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission   Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:51 pm

Good to see you back EC,,, hope ya had a fun trip.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EC Outlaw

Registration date : 2011-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission   Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:47 pm

Thanks, Dusty. It was an excellent trip. We rode up to Catoctin Mountain National Park in Maryland and camped at the campground. We used it as a base to visit Gettysburg National Military Park, Harpers Ferry National Park (South Mountain, the prelude to Antietam), Antietam National Military Park and Monocacy National Military Park. Then we rode down Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah National Park, onto the Blue Ridge Parkway where we camped at Peaks of Otter. From there, we rode to Appomattox Courthouse National Military Park, and then back to the Bluegrass State through West Virginia.

But on to the business at hand: Bombings!! affraid

A second wave came through. Not as many as the first strike, but they 'bounced the rubble' to make sure any survivors were aware of the strike force capabilities.

When I got back from the ride, this was waiting in the man-cave:

Since I was tired from the trip, they had to wait to be opened (Tick, Tick, Tick). The contents exposed when opened -

A hand-painted mug with an old salt water fisherman smoking a clay pipe.
A generous sample of Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake.
Two pouches of Super Value aromatics (Incendaries with delay fuses?). I'm very leery of these. Rolling Eyes
And,
A Peterson System Pipe (estate), a 307. Quite old, as the shank banding is more acorn shaped than the current production. And the stamping is "Made in the Republic of Ireland". None of my other Petersons have that stamp, just "Peterson of Dublin". It appears to be well loved by a previous owner. I will continue to follow the tradition.

Again, many thanks to the brothers involved in this strike. And when your time comes (if it hasn't already), I'll return the favor. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission   Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:44 pm

EC Outlaw wrote:
Two pouches of Super Value aromatics.

EC - those are 2 of Kyle's favorites! Well, those and Borkum Riff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission   Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:46 am

Haven't I seen some posts where KW gives recipes for blending those Super Value blends with his beloved Borkey Ralph? Kinda scary.

Gotta say...those two can only help BR.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission   Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Dog Days Special Ops August Bombing Mission
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11