HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Woo Hoo! 10,000 miles on my Honda.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Woo Hoo! 10,000 miles on my Honda.   Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:12 pm

Today I hit 10,000 miles on my 2009 Honda Metropolitan. I bought it new a week before Thanksgiving in '09 and it had exactly 2.7 miles on it.

Yeah yeah, I know - 10,000 miles = big whoop, but we're talking a 50cc Scooter. To put this in perspective, my push mower is 158cc's.

Takes a while to do that when you only run 30-35 mph. Sure, it will do more (hits the rev-limiter at 42), but I drive it easy and don't push it. Not to mention it's economical, getting 110-mpg average.

Luckily for me, people are commonly getting 30,000 miles plus out of these little 50cc Honda Engines before they ever have to touch them. A top-end rebuild and new set of crank bearings and good to go for who knows how many more after that.

Of course being liquid cooled helps with engine life as well.

Can't wait to roll the odometer over again.

Pics to follow, my wife has the camera with her...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Woo Hoo! 10,000 miles on my Honda.   Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:47 pm

Good on you Rob, its always nice to hear about the things people enjoy, and 10,000 for a 50cc is nothing to sniff at. I'd be interested to see the pics when you post them, a friend of mine had a scooter that I always laughed at him when I saw him struggling to push it through the gate, then one day it fell on my foot and it stopped being funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Woo Hoo! 10,000 miles on my Honda.   Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:14 pm

Ok, a couple of pics as promised.

The first 2 pics were early in the morning, and the second one under a street light - to explain the strange lighting inconsistencies.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBrad

Registration date : 2012-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Woo Hoo! 10,000 miles on my Honda.   Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:44 pm

Those scooters are just plain fun. You did a bunch of riding in that time. Most of the ones I see around for sale have fewer than 1000 miles on them. I would love to get a Honda Ruckus. I'm not sized for one though. That poor 50cc would die fast with me on it.

Ride safe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Woo Hoo! 10,000 miles on my Honda.   Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:10 pm

Nice scooter, obviously well looked after.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

PostSubject: Re: Woo Hoo! 10,000 miles on my Honda.   Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:40 pm

BriarBrad wrote:
I would love to get a Honda Ruckus.

Thanks, Brad
Actually the Metropolitan and the Ruckus share the same engine, just a different frame and styling.

Honda does make a full line of scooters though, from 50cc's to 600. They are all quite functional and economical at the same time, not to mention the classic Honda 'Start & Go' reliability...

Greyson wrote:
Nice scooter, obviously well looked after.

Thanks, Greyson. I probably baby it more than I should, it's just a 50cc scooter.

I run Rotella T6 in it (5w40 HDEO Diesel-Certified Synthetic Oil) and change the oil every 800-1000 miles. Honda recommends 2500 mile OCI's (Oil Change Intervals), but with no oil filer I prefer to change it more often for my own piece of mind. Besides - it only holds 21-oz. so I can get 3 Oil Changes out of 2-quarts of oil - not like it's costing me much.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Woo Hoo! 10,000 miles on my Honda.   Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:42 pm

Congrats Rob! 10,000 is a milestone for any bike, and I'm sure it makes you aware of how much money you have saved in gas. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BriarBrad

Registration date : 2012-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Woo Hoo! 10,000 miles on my Honda.   Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:54 pm

Honda makes great product. I have two generators that have been stellar. I am aware they make up to 600cc, I am also aware that being 6'2 and 265lbs I would look like a total DORK as if I don't already Suspect lol! So I will just drive my old beat up ford and look like a Dork. Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Woo Hoo! 10,000 miles on my Honda.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1