HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

I'm really nervous.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GuitarMyFriend

Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: I'm really nervous.   Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:05 pm

My girlfriend had a claddagh ring that was given to her by her Grandmother. Her and I went to the beach, and she put it in my shoe. After a day of swimming, I picked up my shoes and shook the sand and her ring out of them. Her and I searched untill it got dark out. I felt absolutely rotten. She was incredibly sweet, and told me everything was just fine, and she loves me all the same. She's an absolute doll. (The reason I'm with her). Anyhow, I went to a shop and picked one up, (The suckers are expensive), that looked exactly like the one I lost, same size and all. Her and I were walking along the docks looking at all the boats one night, and I pulled it out and dropped it in her hand. I said, "Here. I'm not only replacing your Grandmothers ring, I'm also letting you know how important you are to me, and This one is from me for us". Needless to say she was a little teary eyed, and very happy. A while after that we thought about getting a Mens ring for me as a pre-engagement ring. Kinda the ring before the ring before the ring ya know? Well just recently I found one on my buds (Thistleoaks) hand, and it looked awesome, so I bought one online and she grabbed it and hid it. She wants to give it to me in a special way. This is the girl I'm going to marry. I'm just nervous about the whole situation. I ADORE this girl. I pray for her and us all the time. We have been together since last year, but officially started dating in April. It got the point that I would drive through disgusting Michigan snows to get to her house only to stay until 3 a.m. and go back to Grams. She's so caring, and motherly, and sweet, and gorgeous. I'm going to wait a while to pop "the question". But I tell you what if I had the opportunity to marry her now I would. So in short. I will update you all on how she, "Pre-proposes" to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:12 pm

Maybe it's just the romantic sap that lies deep in my snarky, cantankerous mind, but that almost brought tears to my eyes. You are a really good guy, Zach. She sounds like a total winner.

There's a reason why I slept in a hospital on an uncomfortable chair for almost a week, and drive daily out to my not-quite-in-law's house to take care of the person I love. Love starts with little situations like that ring, and works themselves out through solutions, not anger, blame or bullshoot. Sometimes we all slip up and get a little off our game, but good people always find a way--especially when they're good for each other.

Love is the human experience.

Cool

(...they're called "promise rings," by the way...rings that show pre-engagement, etc...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm

Best of luck, Zach! she sounds like a grand lady
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:47 pm

You do realize shortly after she says I do she doesn't anymore.. I know I've done it twice...lol

But seriously, cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:24 pm

Good on ya bud. My bride said "I do" 15+ years ago and we both still do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
BriarBrad

Registration date : 2012-07-16

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:24 pm

A good wife makes life easy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:32 pm

As a recently married man, I can say that if you're sure you want to marry this girl there is no need to wait. My only regret about married life is that I didn't start sooner.

Thanks for being one of the few real "men" your age.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:12 pm

I got married young and stayed married. I've been married for 15 years and wouldn't have it any other way. The best way to go into it isn't to think about how "she completes you", but how you can love and serve her.

If you go into marriage thinking of what you can get out of it, instead of what you can put into it, you'll be mostly dissatisfied.

That's how I try to see it anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://GrowleyPipes.com
Ocelot55

Registration date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:15 pm

Growley wrote:
I got married young and stayed married. I've been married for 15 years and wouldn't have it any other way. The best way to go into it isn't to think about how "she completes you", but how you can love and serve her.

If you go into marriage thinking of what you can get out of it, instead of what you can put into it, you'll be mostly dissatisfied.

That's how I try to see it anyway.

Bingo! My philosophy exactly!

cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jonespipes.com
williamcharles

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:20 pm

The missus and I have 32 years under our belts and will hopefully have a few more to work out the bugs that are left. Nothings perfect but with work does improve so when you hit a rough spot just work with each other. Sounds like you found a good one. G'luck to both of you.

Meanwhile if you want to have some fun rent, borrow or buy a metal detector and walk that section of the beach. You might find her ring and some bonus goodies to boot.
Yeah I know. Dumbass idea but that's the only kind I ever have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Growley

Registration date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:28 pm

williamcharles wrote:
Meanwhile if you want to have some fun rent, borrow or buy a metal detector and walk that section of the beach. You might find her ring and some bonus goodies to boot.

I was thinking the exact same thing. There's a good chance no one else has found it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://GrowleyPipes.com
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:11 pm

Congrats on finding love so young. Growley's philosophy is one of great wisdom. Keep us posted brother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:37 pm

Find a guy with a metal detector and find her ring.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:47 pm

I've been in my relationship for over ten years. I also wouldn't have it any other way. I didn't do so good at the "stud life." That game was for fit, good-looking gents with a bit of an appetite. I was just looking for someone to hang out with and talk to, someone who "got me." I just never expected to find it. I'm a bit of a feral dog, bad for myself and bad for everyone else when I'm alone. Take me in, though, I'm as loyal as time itself--also which I had no idea I was capable of. I think that's what makes a relationship, and those who function within one for a long time... it isn't about "completion," it's about all the new discoveries you make within each other (and are better for it) for as long as it takes. Hopefully, a lifetime.

Cool

(PS... Yak and williamcharles have a point...metal detector. Or just keep things the way they are, sometimes things like that happen for a reason.)

Last edited by Kyle Weiss on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Paying attention with pocket lint... :|)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
williamcharles

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:50 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
I've been in my relationship for over ten years. I also wouldn't have it any other way. I didn't do so good at the "stud life." That game was for fit, good-looking gents with a bit of an appetite. I was just looking for someone to hang out with and talk to, someone who "got me." I just never expected to find it. I'm a bit of a feral dog, bad for myself and bad for everyone else when I'm alone. Take me in, though, I'm as loyal as time itself--also which I had no idea I was capable of. I think that's what makes a relationship, and those who function within one for a long time... it isn't about "completion," it's about all the new discoveries you make within each other (and are better for it) for as long as it takes. Hopefully, a lifetime.

Cool

(PS... Yak has a point...metal detector. Or just keep things the way they are, sometimes things like that happen for a reason.)

I thought I made that dumb ass suggestion. I'm glad someone else is getting the blame for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:04 am

williamcharles wrote:
I thought I made that dumb ass suggestion. I'm glad someone else is getting the blame for it.

Post edited for credit due where credit is earned: the dumbarse is me, sir. Laughing

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:11 am

My husband and I have been together for 10 years and married for 4 1/2. I really don't know why we waited so long to get married. We dated for a month before he got trasnfered from OKC to KC and asked me to come with him....best thing I EVER did. The "married" part really doesn't matter. If that is going to change your relationship at all, then she isn't the one. I understand the social pressures to tie the knot, I was raised Southern Baptist. There really is no need to rush things if you are comfortable with eachother. Enjoy yourselves and get all the vacations to exotic places out of the way before you have a couple of babies and can't fit them in anymore (I speak from experience). BOY...did I just sound like "Debbie Downer" or what??? Good thing I'm the woman here, huh? Very Happy

What an amazing man you must be....she is one lucky girl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:41 am

Good on you Zach, I hope you make each other very happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous   Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:45 am

It all sounds good (even losing the ring has had a positive outcome!) - I'd say if you have those feelings it's time to go for it!

I'd second the other brothers' advice and suggest you try to (discretely) spend a few afternoons with a metal detector.....

Best wishes

Jers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:37 am

Best of luck to you, Zach! I'm a sucker for a good love story so be sure to fill us in as everything unfolds Smile

scotties22 wrote:
The "married" part really doesn't matter. If that is going to change your relationship at all, then she isn't the one.

I couldn't agree more. The way you feel about eachother is what really matters.

Of course there's nothing wrong with making it official!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
idbowman

Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:34 am

Growley wrote:

Where is Marty (LIPipe) when you need him?

But seriously, best of luck, Zach. You sound like an excellent pair!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:08 pm

s.ireland wrote:
scotties22 wrote:
The "married" part really doesn't matter. If that is going to change your relationship at all, then she isn't the one.

I couldn't agree more. The way you feel about eachother is what really matters.

Of course there's nothing wrong with making it official!

True. My decade's been spent unofficial for obvious reasons, and we don't even care. There is, however, something about looking into the face of someone who knows you so well and have been through so much and say, "You're the one."

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pufferbilly

Registration date : 2012-08-23

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:09 am

Hey, here is my .02$, for what its worth. Being married is the hardest job you will ever have. But if you do it right you won't regret a minute of it. I have been busting my ass for 29+ years and my wife has been doing the same.
We have 4 awesome kids and I am still the luckiest bastard in the world.

I proposed to her 4 months after we went out for the first time and we were married 6 months after that. It hasn't always been fun but it has always been worth it.

Be brave, if you love her take the plunge. You won't regret it. bom
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Triagebioclean.com
monbla256

Registration date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:12 pm

scotties22 wrote:
My husband and I have been together for 10 years and married for 4 1/2. I really don't know why we waited so long to get married. We dated for a month before he got trasnfered from OKC to KC and asked me to come with him....best thing I EVER did. The "married" part really doesn't matter. If that is going to change your relationship at all, then she isn't the one. I understand the social pressures to tie the knot, I was raised Southern Baptist. There really is no need to rush things if you are comfortable with eachother. Enjoy yourselves and get all the vacations to exotic places out of the way before you have a couple of babies and can't fit them in anymore (I speak from experience). BOY...did I just sound like "Debbie Downer" or what??? Good thing I'm the woman here, huh? Very Happy

What an amazing man you must be....she is one lucky girl.

Listen to the lady, she knows whereof she speaks ! Love is fun, enjoy it Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarMyFriend

Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: I'm really nervous.   Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:20 pm

Thank you all. You're very inspiring and helpful.

I'm an incredibly caring guy. Mum always said I was the kid who wore his heart on his sleeve. I (Being young makes it shocking, I know) have yet to be in a relationship where I have felt I was cared about as much as I cared. Until this gal. She legitimately takes care of me, and I do my damned hardest to do the same. Her and I are always doing something together. We make it a point to cook together every night, and eat together every night. Her and I take the dog out for a walk in the dark every night so I can have a pipe and we can chat. We are always having fun. For instance I wanted to send her to bed laughing so I showered, got out and (since I am unable to grow a decent one) drew on a small Gomez Addams mustache, kicked open to door and propped my arm against the door frame in nothing but a towel. Than I walked back into the bathroom, and returned sporting a "Cop-stache" and with a serious face and aviators wrote her a ticket for successfully seducing a police officer. I did about 8 mustaches in total and she died of laughter and thought it was hilarious until I wore a fu man chu and started karate kicking the dog around the room.

This girl is so caring, so motherly, so kind, smarter than me (not too difficult I know, HAHAHA.....ha...) and so gosh darn beautiful it isn't funny. All these reasons are why I proudly wear my Claddagh ring that she sat me down, told me how much she loved me and cared for me, and made sure I felt the same to slip onto my finger to show that I adore her. Sure she gets upset at me, and I get upset at her, she won't let me purchase any new tobacco until I've smoked half of what I have despite my tobacco slut phase being in full blast (HELP! SEND TOBACCO!) but I've never been more willing to work anything out to fix it. And I now know she is the same.

I understand marriage isn't any easy thing, but like I say, I've never been more willing to work for something in my life. (Except for a Savinelli Hercules 510 EX). I am a non-denominational God-fearing, loving Christian but I came closer to God in a Southern Baptist Church. I feel no social pressure to marry her, nor do I want strength in titles. I just feel it right to marry and be with the girl I love as husband and wife, to have and to hold, to love and to cherish. And it's only a matter of time before it happens. She's absolutely amazing. And I can't wait to sit in a rocking chair drinking lemonade with her on hot summer days on our front porch watching kids play (I'm smoking a pipe, and looking damn good in this vision). If anyone wants to make me a pair of Briar Engagement rings one size 7.5 with a stone in it and the other size 11 this whole shindig will go off sooner. I love this woman. Thank you all for the support and kind words of encouragement and experience.

Zach

Back to top Go down
View user profile

I'm really nervous.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next