HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:58 pm

Not sure what it is this time, but it sounds like another round of the first. He was feeling great for a few weeks and we're back to it again.

If my posts are short, cryptic, seemingly snide or nonexistent, it ain't personal. Stress levels are stratospheric. I like the distraction of this place and baseball, but I'm going to have to pre-apologize, hopefully for no reason in particular.

This sh*t's really getting old. And I'm not even the directly afflicted.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
fungunner

Registration date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:36 pm

Life has ups and downs, hold what you got till the pendulum swings back your direction.

Simper fi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:53 pm

I know you mean well, but respectfully, I don't need obvious maxims and cliches. You don't know me, or my situation. Eventually you may.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:10 pm

Kyle Weiss wrote:
If my posts are short, cryptic, seemingly snide or nonexistent, it ain't personal. Stress levels are stratospheric.

Keep your cool, Kyle.

Oh yeah - and just in case: Eff You, Kyle!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:15 pm

Hey Kyle, sorry to hear the bad news about your father, I hope it turns out to be something minor. I'm helping my dad through cancer at the moment so I have an idea of how you might feel. All the best to you and your family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J Soshae

Registration date : 2011-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:19 pm

I feel for you Kyle. I know I would have the same emotions if it was my dad. No Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Sad confused

We will try to distract you as much as possible. I hope your dad turns the corner and gets well soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megaluddite

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:54 pm

I'm so sorry you are going through this. My Dad was in and out of the hospital for several years before he finally passed. Several times, in his last year, he was in the boat on the River Styx with the pennies in his pocket and one finger on the bank. But he always pulled through, till the last time. But at that point, it was time to go. I miss him every day. But he's better off now.

However, I do think your Dad will pull out of this one.

On a lighter note: You know that your relative has spent too much time in the hospital when the floor plan of the hospital starts to make sense to you. Wink

I'll be praying for you and yours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:01 pm

Hey brother if you need anything, as always, you can count on your brothers here at BoB. We are a family and will be here to support you. If you need anything just holler at us. Your family will remain in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mozjo33

Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:04 pm

All the best to your dad Kyle. I hope he has a speedy recovery!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:38 pm

Hang in there dude. I'll send good vibes your way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:00 pm

Some from here, too.

Lots.

What a Face

cat cat cat cat cat cat cat
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:11 am

Really sorry to hear about this Kyle. I'll be praying for your Dad's speedy recovery. If we can be of help, don't hesitate to ask bro.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:31 am

Thanks guys. Just letting me say it and not bottle it up and try and be the "stoic hero" will do my own stomach issues, stress levels and sanity good.

You guys are as important as it gets for me right now. Dad and I will get through this. He's far from his deathbed, but he's a ways from healthy. Gotta fix that, at least for a few more years. Have some work to help him complete for the business tomorrow, so I'll get a chance to hang out with him more, more distractions, it all helps.

I ain't broken yet. I'd say "bring it on, Universe," but I'm a bit leery of such confidence. There's gotta be some "good luck" around the corner for the family. Some way. Some how. If not, struggle just makes the fleeting good times all the more sweet. Gotta remember that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jers

Registration date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:54 am

Sorry to hear about your Dad taking ill again Kyle. You are both in my prayers.

Regards

Jers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fishfuzz

Registration date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:02 am

We will keep praying for you. Hope things are better soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buckshot

Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Sorry to hear the news, Kyle. I'm sending all sorts of good wishes and prayers your way. Group hug to ya, buddy. (I would put the emoticon on here, but it is yours.) Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:39 pm

That stupid group hug emoticon. Laughing You guys crack me up.

Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GuitarMyFriend

Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:47 pm

fungunner wrote:
Life has ups and downs, hold what you got till the pendulum swings back your direction.

Simper fi

His cliche was just an attempt at cheering you up brother. I know you're a tough and cool cat and a good bud of mine (even though we haven't met). Ill be praying for you and yours. Just keep cool and don't let it change you. I was on here when my gramps WAS on his deathbed trying to be distracted. It works.
You need something you call. Even people you don't know will try to help you. You told me yourself when you're down and if someones trying to help you up it takes two hands. (Not worded exactly).
Hang in there brother, and don't let anger/fear/stress get the best of you. You're cooler than that. You and your pops are in my prayers,
Zach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Very sorry to hear this Kyle. You've had more bad juju than any one person ought lately.

My very best positive mojo for you and your family.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
williamcharles

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:57 pm

Kyle, your dad, you and the rest of the family have my best wishes for all the good that will do. I'll be praying too. G'luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:10 pm

On a personal level, I'm in good hands. I have my buddy James (jacuqesdubois, here), my pipes and baseball. Sounds stupid, but it's a great distraction when my hands are tied. Otherwise I'm cleaning up the empty house, or running around visiting the afflicted. I've just never been in a position like this before.

It seemed easier when I was the proverbial lone wolf, just caring for myself and getting by, but that's not true...you get support and love when you allow people in, but you also have to be there for them. Which is fine, that's good balance--it's still a struggle to find equilibrium and try and take care of not just yourself or not just others. Not used to this stuff. It's probably a momentum and method proper families use all the time, and I'm learning a little late. My view of "family" and how and why they do what they do is pretty messed up. Trust is hard to earn and lend out, and now that I have...I gotta figure out what the next level is.

Yeah. So, that got said. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Kyle, I know what you mean by the 'lone wolf' idea. It's best we keep going . . . one reason why I took the pipe back up was to deal with the kind of stress that comes from no longer being one Rolling Eyes So believe me, lots of us (or at least a few of us) understand
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:56 pm

DrT999 wrote:
Kyle, I know what you mean by the 'lone wolf' idea. It's best we keep going . . . one reason why I took the pipe back up was to deal with the kind of stress that comes from no longer being one Rolling Eyes So believe me, lots of us (or at least a few of us) understand

Amen, Brother!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeterD

Registration date : 2012-06-04

PostSubject: Back in the Hospital...   Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:49 pm

...Kyle; Will be keeping you in our prayers..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J Soshae

Registration date : 2011-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|   Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:31 pm

Quote :
Kyle, I know what you mean by the 'lone wolf' idea. It's best we keep going . . . one reason why I took the pipe back up was to deal with the kind of stress that comes from no longer being one

My oldest son went to college and got married. I find the pipe provides me treasured moments of reflection. There are days when I wish I could sit in that chair all day.

Kyle, I love the reference to the "Lone Wolf". As a camping person that howl give me shivers. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Dad's back in the effing hospital again. :|
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next