HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:35 am

You can order one through the end of 2012. You can contact Mark Tinsky directly if you have any questions or desire anything other than standard (that will be between the two of you). The pipes are available on www.amsmoke.com under Club Pipes.

http://ssl.cybersun.com/4Dscripts/webcatalog4disapi.dll/4dcgi/Products?AMS~101639388~1~103014

gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:41 am

How much did you bug him PD? He listed the pipes under "Bothers of Briar" Laughing

(Seriously, thanks for being point on this project!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:03 am

Awesome, I totally can't wait for Christmas....If I don't stop my husband is going to have 800 pipes. We have a pipe rack that holds 12 that is full. I just started another pipe to keep for myself, plus whatever rejects he will aquire down the road. HHmmmmmm...maybe I will get this as a present to myself Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:08 am

gravel wrote:
How much did you bug him PD? He listed the pipes under "Bothers of Briar"

lol!

christeaux

Registration date : 2011-12-09

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:27 pm

That black and tan is so sexy, I am definitely saving up the few extra dollars for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrumsAndBeer

Registration date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:38 pm

And the saving begins. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:05 pm

Cool Cool

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:38 pm

Just placed my order for the B&T.

Cool

Tough decision deciding between the two as they're both nice and I waffled back and forth between them. The B&T won out on personal appeal. And it was my first choice from the beginning.

tongue

Don't normally spend this much on a pipe. Looks like I'll be selling off a bunch more cigars to pay for it. Great rationalizing eh?

drunken

Anyone else put in for one yet? Wonder how long it'll take to take delivery.

geek

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fallsbrew.com
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:54 pm

On the order page of Mark's site it says: "A $7.50 shipping charge will be applied per $100 of order value."...but it's on the line of text that describes buying and shipping bulk briar...not the pipes.

So...will there be a shipping fee of between $15 and $20 added to the existing prices? That would make the Black and Tan something like $265 total.

Or - is shipping included in the prices quoted for the pipes?

Inquiring minds...yadda, yadda, yadda.

First BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:04 pm

Yup, time to start saving up. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:05 pm

Rob_In_MO wrote:

Saving? You got a credit card dontcha? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:06 pm

On the order page of Mark's site it says: "A $7.50 shipping charge will be applied per $100 of order value."...but it's on the line of text that describes buying and shipping bulk briar...not the pipes.

So...will there be a shipping fee of between $15 and $20 added to the existing prices? That would make the Black and Tan something like $265 total.

Or - is shipping included in the prices quoted for the pipes?

Inquiring minds...yadda, yadda, yadda.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:11 pm

Per Mark's email to me, shipping is $6.50.

Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Per Mark's email to me, shipping is $6.50.

That's what I got as well. Unless one wants next day shipping.

Just got a response from Mark on my order-

"You get the one in the catalog being the first buyer Ill get out tomorrow ! MT"

tongue

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
Rob_In_MO

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Hermit wrote:
Rob_In_MO wrote:

Saving? You got a credit card dontcha? Twisted Evil

Yes I do, but I also have a wife - who wouldn't see the benefit in a transaction like this. I think it's a great deal, but to keep the peace I have to convince her of that - especially with the holidays coming up. santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dutch

Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:25 pm

Rob, it's the BoB Pipe of the Year. You could always just get divorced if necessary! geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kieveryuu

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:37 am

Here is hoping I get a job that pays more than just the minimum so that I can get my hands on one of those B&Ts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://type29a.com
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:17 am

Dutch wrote:
Rob, it's the BoB Pipe of the Year. You could always just get divorced if necessary! geek

Who needs enemies when ya got friends like us who encourage divorce as a means for PAD?

On my end I have sent the link to the wife and she is getting the pipe, so long as I buy her a purse which seems fair. I will give her a week after her purse arrives before I order the B&T myself and just take the price out of her "allowance" lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J Soshae

Registration date : 2011-08-19

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:37 pm

Quote :
Saving? You got a credit card dontcha?

I don't! I just work my tail off for the things I want.

Quote :
Live like no one else so that later, you can LIVE like no one else!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
melahn52

Registration date : 2011-10-29

PostSubject: My order is in!   Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Thanks to PuffDaddy for getting this organized. It's much appreciated.
-Kevin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:51 pm

melahn52 wrote:
Thanks to PuffDaddy for getting this organized. It's much appreciated.
-Kevin

You'd better get one so I can live vicariously through it each time we get together. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
melahn52

Registration date : 2011-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:00 pm

You'd better get one so I can live vicariously through it each time we get together. Cool[/quote]

Only one?

-Kevin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:15 pm

Hahaha, I like the way you think. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewdude

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:06 pm

YOWZA!!

Just took delivery of the B&T today and BOY HOWDY is it ever a winner winner chicken dinner!!

Great feel, very substantial in the hand and very thick bowl walls. Should be a real cool smoker. And the turned "Tan" section on the top of the bowl is beguiling - almost has an orange hue to it.

Cool amber stem with the Tinsky star which sets off the rusticated black body. And then there's the Buffalo horn ferrule which gives it character in the transition area.

tongue

Did I mention the airway is perfectly set into the center of the bottom of the bowl? And a pipe cleaner passes with ease. As it should.

albino

Hey-Suess Maria, I gots a feeling this is gonna become one of this dudes' favorites in short order.

Basketball

Now, what to break it in with? Hmmm...........

drunken

Hey you brothers, get to ordering this or the Coral Cave version. I'm truly impressed with Mark's work!

cheers

Cheers,

RR

Back to top Go down
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.   Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:43 pm

Certainly, Mark is known for making outstanding smokers!

I have one. A nice little Caldron shape in what I assume to be a Cabernet finish. Gorgeous little thing. Smokes like a dream. I guess it was an order filled for the now gone and greatly lamented BoB Brother - Ken. I'm very proud it has made its way here. But I sure would like one of those Black and Tan BoB POY's. A true classic.

And you got NUMBER ONE! Nice. cheers

Back to top Go down
View user profile

The 2012 forum POY is now ready for ordering.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next