HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:31 pm

Blackhorse wrote:

And don't send him a sprurdle.
If they can't send him a spurtle, can they send him haggis? Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:37 pm

I can! And I'll guarantee it'll be as edible on the other side after however long in transit as it was fresh...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dreadgerbil

Registration date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Greyson wrote:
I can! And I'll guarantee it'll be as edible on the other side after however long in transit as it was fresh...

You've never had my delicious, home made haggis. A very different animal from the tinned kind. I've converted many a person to haggis after serving them some of mine. Next I start converting them on Cornish lard cakes and Black pudding!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Very true, very true. I wonder though how many are 'converting' quickly in an effort to avoid further convincing, or to escape the dastardly cook sooner? In fact, never mind, you have already convinced me. Haggis is great. Do not send me haggis.

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dreadgerbil

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:53 pm

Greyson wrote:
Very true, very true. I wonder though how many are 'converting' quickly in an effort to avoid further convincing, or to escape the dastardly cook sooner? In fact, never mind, you have already convinced me. Haggis is great. Do not send me haggis.

Smile

You're a quick one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:14 pm

I'll try anything once!! Very Happy

Maybe you should start canning your own and including it in your monthly bomb... Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com
Greyson

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:22 pm

Psst! Don't say that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dreadgerbil

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:28 pm

Well, I put a notice out today for my mail carrier explaining that I have had packages stolen and that any new packages delivered should be brought in and put on my porch. (Which is a fair bit away from the gate.) If my dogs are out and I do not come out to see him then he should leave a 'could not deliver' note and I will just come and get them from the office.
I'm looking into large mail boxes which have a secure drop like the kind of thing you drop bank deposits off in. Or maybe I should just rent a PO box.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:37 pm

Its sad that you have to go to those lengths really, but I understand. Around here people leave out produce (eggs, home made jams, flowers, cut wood ect) outside their gates and leave a shoebox next to it for the money. The idea that somebody might steal the money doesn't seem to come up. In fact when we buy our meat we go to a local farmer who has three freezers full of Aberdeen Angus in a barn, and just leave the money for what we take in a box there too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scotties22

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:45 pm

Well, if there isn't anyone looking............................

And we wonder why the USPS is about to go under. The mailman didn't do what was RIGHT, he did what was fast and took the least amount of effort. Our old mail carrier was that way too. I have had more than one pacakge left between the boxes, and across the street from the house, more than once. And it always seemed to happen on days it was raining sideways. Nothing like getting new clothes that are so wet the dye is running....
Back to top Go down
Dreadgerbil

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:50 pm

Greyson wrote:
Its sad that you have to go to those lengths really, but I understand. Around here people leave out produce (eggs, home made jams, flowers, cut wood ect) outside their gates and leave a shoebox next to it for the money. The idea that somebody might steal the money doesn't seem to come up. In fact when we buy our meat we go to a local farmer who has three freezers full of Aberdeen Angus in a barn, and just leave the money for what we take in a box there too.

Aye. There are certainly places here where you can get away with that. I expected to have packages stolen back home in Glasgow but not in Boise. At least, not where I am in Boise. (It's not posh but it's not bad.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sloppy Joe Hemingway

Registration date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:35 pm

Aw, man... the nerve of some people. The thieves should be beaten with a spurdle! And be force-fed a canned haggis!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:58 pm

Sloppy Joe Hemingway wrote:
Aw, man... the nerve of some people. The thieves should be beaten with a spurdle! And be force-fed a canned haggis!

Can and all! Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:21 pm

So where do you find a sheep's stomach in Boise?

And re: the spurdle I'm making: the stirring section should be about 9" long - made from Cherry. The top section will be a carved "handle" about 3" tall in the form of a thistle (traditional Scottish as I understand it)...and will be carved cross grain from Osage Orange (which is dang near as hard as Ironwood. But it certainly is a beautifull wood. This is the Argentine variety which is noted for holding it's rich orange color, unlike the species found in the SW US states. I don't have any Walnut Oil (the usual for food items) but I do have some 100% pure Tung Oil which penetrates well for protection and is also food safe. So I'll likely use that. I may or may not spiral carve the wand...we'll see what it looks like.

At this point the wand is cut to length and the tenon cut...the mortise has been drilled into the Osage Orange and the fit it good. I've started shaping the thistle...which is time consuming as I have to use Japanese Carving Files (nothing else will cut it).

It may end up a bit rough in your eyes, as you're experienced with the craft, but it will be usable and appropriately themed.

Last edited by Blackhorse on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Dreadgerbil

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:24 pm

Blackhorse wrote:

Usually I use sheep or ox casing instead because I can fit more in it. I get most of my ingredients by going to the Basque butcher. Last year I made a Kosher haggis and ordered the meat from Colorado along with all the other animal based stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:43 pm

I hear they make a good Gator Haggis over in Twin Falls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Dreadgerbil

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:49 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
I hear they make a good Gator Haggis over in Twin Falls.

I might need to try that. I saw the gators in Miracle hot springs but I thought those were the only major gator attraction here!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sloppy Joe Hemingway

Registration date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:52 pm

Blackhorse wrote:

Uh, inside a sheep, Sir? Same place you find a sheep's stomach in New Zealand, Australia, Scotland, Wyoming... Is this a trick question? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:20 pm

Sloppy Joe is the only one who got it. Great minds, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Sloppy Joe is the only one who got it. Great minds, etc.

Teachers Pet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dreadgerbil

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:21 am

So, as a bit of a thank you gift, here's a pic of me enjoying one of the lovely pipes I was given with some of the great tobacco while in my sukkah last night with a fire going!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kieveryuu

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:08 am

Looks like a nice little clay cutty that you were gifted with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://type29a.com
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:52 am

It looks like you're having a good time!

"T"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Dave_In_Philly

Registration date : 2011-08-18

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:32 am

kieveryuu wrote:
Looks like a nice little clay cutty that you were gifted with.

I was hit with that same pipe - its really a fun little smoke. I thought it would be a 5-10 min smoke but it lasted me a good half hour.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scotties22

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:20 am

I have one too Very Happy . Been thinking about giving it a whirl, just haven't found time.
Back to top Go down

And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next