HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
DrT999

Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:59 am

Dave_In_Philly wrote:
kieveryuu wrote:
Looks like a nice little clay cutty that you were gifted with.

I was hit with that same pipe - its really a fun little smoke. I thought it would be a 5-10 min smoke but it lasted me a good half hour.

Their 'Elizabethan' or 'Shakespeare' model (he calls them both) is tiny enough to only last 8-10 minutes, but I stopped smoking it as it looked too much like a hash pipe tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DrT999
Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:23 pm

I can see where that could be a bit inconvenient to explain in your profession.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sloppy Joe Hemingway

Registration date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:50 pm

kaiser83 wrote:
Blackhorse wrote:
Sloppy Joe is the only one who got it. Great minds, etc.

Teachers Pet

Apple briar for the teacher? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaiser83

Registration date : 2012-02-22

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:22 am

Sloppy Joe Hemingway wrote:
kaiser83 wrote:
Blackhorse wrote:
Sloppy Joe is the only one who got it. Great minds, etc.

Teachers Pet

Apple briar for the teacher? Laughing

Pfft, that's your graduation present from the principal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:07 pm

Hey guys, Dreadgerbil started a new thread further down the page to show off his haul. It's easy to miss so I thought I'd point it out.

http://www.brothersofbriar.com/t19549-a-photographic-catalog-of-the-horror
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anthonyx2b

Registration date : 2012-09-25

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:14 pm

what happens ina bomb mission?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Anthonyx2b@gmail.com
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:22 pm

Anthonyx2b wrote:
what happens ina bomb mission?

It's sorta like secret santa, except we all gang up on one or two poor saps honorable gentlemen and send them an "embarrassment of riches". If you're interested, read the first post of this thread in its entirety, then send a PM to Blackhorse for permission to join. Since you're new here, you may have to wait a bit to be put on the roster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:23 pm

In the monthly missions, volunteers sign up and get the target details (as decided by Blackhorse) secretly delivered by PM. Then the 'bombers' send small gifts that might mean something to the target (research helps) to arrive on a specific day. The timing is important as packages arriving early might give the game away. One or several targets can be chosen per month, and those who receive the bombings are duty bound to put up some nice pictures of the squadron's work up for our amusement.

Edit - George beat me to it, but his was a better answer anyhow Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anthonyx2b

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:26 pm

Money isnt something I have much of so is there a minimum amount of $ to be spent? or does it just have to be something of substance?
Back to top Go down
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:34 pm

Greyson wrote:
Edit - George beat me to it, but his was a better answer anyhow Smile

Far too kind of you, Greyson. Your English-ness is showing:

There's no lower limit, Anthony, but a $20 maximum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:22 pm

Anthonyx2b wrote:
Money isnt something I have much of so is there a minimum amount of $ to be spent? or does it just have to be something of substance?

Well, its better if you can make an ongoing commitment. Shipping alone includes delivery confirmation surcharges, so if money if tight I recommend sitting it out and keeping an eye on these threads as they unfold. You don't have to be a bomber to bomb someone... just reach out to the person you wish to bomb and make it known... or ask around for their address!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:28 pm

Tony...read the first post...it should answer all your questions. And since we've met before, sort of, I think you'd enjoy this. It's designed so that no one knows what you sent and there's a maximum allowed purchase of $15 per mission, with non-purchased items especially encouraged.

First BoB Bombers Squadron Commander, Ret.
Council Member, Trading Post & General Site Moderator. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anthonyx2b

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:42 pm

wow, its amazing what someone can learn from actually reading a full post geek I might look into getting involved in future missions. Very neat idea, seems to keep the guys well connected on a more personal level.
Back to top Go down
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:43 pm

Also, confusing and/or contradictory instruction are all part of the game here. $15?
Blackhorse wrote:
2) As of the September 2012 mission there is a limit of $20 USD (yes, this superceeds prior placed on an individual pilot’s purchasing of items used in their payload. Any and all items from someone’s existing stock are fine to send. This does not include postage.
Note: the commander really loves it when you point these out to him. You should do it whenever possible to receive special praise. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gravel

Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:44 pm

George Kaplan wrote:
Also, confusing and/or contradictory instruction are all part of the game here. $15?
Blackhorse wrote:
2) As of the September 2012 mission there is a limit of $20 USD (yes, this superceeds prior placed on an individual pilot’s purchasing of items used in their payload. Any and all items from someone’s existing stock are fine to send. This does not include postage.
Note: the commander really loves it when you point these out to him. You should do it whenever possible to receive special praise. Twisted Evil

I can get away with it. He'll blame fishfuzz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Gravel
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:46 pm

We'd be glad to have you any time you want to enlist.

And Kap...now it's $15...just so I won't be wrong. Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:18 pm

Copy that, Chief. New regs logged...until they change. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anthonyx2b

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:20 pm

George Kaplan wrote:
Copy that, Chief. New regs logged...until they change. Razz

hahaha cheers
Back to top Go down
scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:22 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
We'd be glad to have you any time you want to enlist.

And Kap...now it's $15...just so I won't be wrong. Razz

And they say WOMEN can't make up their minds Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com Online
Sloppy Joe Hemingway

Registration date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:30 pm

$15 limit? Dang, now what do I do with your Christmas gift, DH? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scotties22

Registration date : 2012-06-10

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:35 pm

Send it to me Razz I'll take good care of it for him!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ladybriar.com Online
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:38 pm

Who's DH? Are you sending stuff to Dennis Hopper? I thought he was dead.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
George Kaplan

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:40 pm

Blackhorse wrote:
Who's DH? Are you sending stuff to Dennis Hopper? I thought he was dead.

It's better than receiving stuff from him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lesath

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:00 am

Due to the proximity of All Hallows Mass, he might send a little something. However, we are burning the candles in our Jack-O-Lanterns and the question remains; the details of our next mission. Deep in the bowels of my ordinance locker I have discovered a destructive device so oriented to the season that by describing the target area as an event horizon should be woefully inadequate.

Orders Commander, a target please, may God have mercy on their soul; we certainly will not...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blackhorse

PostSubject: Re: And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!   Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:18 pm

Hey...I'm smoking here! (heh, heh) A big 'ol cob load of Patton's Soulmate's Kiss CL. A more Oriental forward blend than any of his I've tried to date. A special order in which the standard Latakia was exchanged for Cigar Leaf. Sublime!

I know I posted this somewhere back inside this thread, but I did announce the dates back somewhere...danged if I can find the post now though.

Anyway...the bombing date is Friday, October 26th...with the standard launch date for most aircraft being the Wednesday prior.

There's no need to announce a theme...but I think we all could have guessed that this next round will be a spooky one...horrific even. A special emphasis will be placed on any and all pipe related items that play into the Halloween theme. But non-pipe related items should also be a welcome addition to whatever else might go out. Like Lesath, I have an item I've been working on for some time...'fresh' from the graveyard.

Deliberations are ongoing at this time as to the target(s). If anyone has a suggestion they need to PM me as to their rationale as to why their pick should be hit on this particular mission. As always, we will entertain suggestions of both members and non-members (of the Squadron).

That's all for now. New information will be posted in the October specific thread and as always a link will be provided.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

And the bombs will FALL! The September Bob Bomber Mission!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next